11 replies to this topic

#1 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

Hi all,

I've come out the other end of Halloween with a bit of a discussion topic and a ghost experience...

A few days leading up to Halloween I was pretty much debilitated with terrible headaches and migraines. I'm a pretty healthy specimen and before this couldn't tell you the last time I was in need of some tylenol! I was beginning to think that it might have something to do with the spiritual events associated with Halloween, where activity increases and there's more paranormal energy in the air.

Cut to Halloween night and I'd taken my garbage out to the chute. I came into my kitchen and was putting a new bin liner in and turned around towards the hallway, and standing there was a large, tall man in black (I'm assuming masculine due to the energy feel). I was frozen in place because i immediately thought 'I left my front door unlocked and someones come in!!'.

In a split second, as startled as I was, the shadow also appeared startled and dissipated, like smoke, wafting away.

Apart from the initial shock of the apparition, I've got nothing else to report, but I do feel that it was an apparition of opportunity, it might have tried its luck with coming through to me (when my house is ALWAYS deemed a spirit free zone) and was successful in being seen.

So what are your experiences with Halloween? Do you think its a myth that paranormal activity heightens at this time of the year? Are we more likely to feel physical symptoms from the energy? Or was it a coincidence that I was feeling unwell?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:22 AM

No, I can't report any health issues but you definitely had a scary experience. I had nothing usual that night, not even a trick or treater. Interesting to see what others experienced :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Kristin

Kristin

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:49 AM

I think there's a little more going on that night because people are looking for them. Kids being silly calling them out stuff like that. As for more of them coming to our Realm that night, I don't believe so! In my OP they are stronger and more active on and near the Full Moon. Full Moon blows Halloween away in activity!! I think anyways!

#4 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:53 PM

True, full moons are never fun! People in hospitals and police and emergency services in general can attest to that!

#5 Skoden

Skoden

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:43 AM

I don't think it's a myth that there's more activity this time of year. I've noticed it on social media that as summer fades away people start reporting stranger and stranger stuff happening. I don't know why this happens but it's a noticeable trend. In my own house there's been a surge of strange stuff happening and it usually seems to peak around now. Sometimes it amps up in the spring too so we were thinking maybe it has to do with the changing of seasons, maybe it triggers something in ourselves that makes it easier for us to perceive spirits. Or it might be that the swinging of the sun so quickly across the horizon weakens dimensional barriers? The decay of leaves in the fall and re-emergence of them in the spring may have some kind of affect on entities living and deceased. Who knows really? But if someone does know really... tell us why this happens! :P

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:25 PM

Halloween is a time of summoning. Everyone is thinking about ghosts and goblins in October more than any other time of the year. And we are summoning them without even realizing it. Supernatural beings are always looking for an invitation. And what better time than the Halloween season to interrupt our lives.

In many ways, we're literally asking (summoning) creepy, scary and supernatural beings into our lives in October.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#7 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:39 PM

Hi, personally I do not believe that if Spirits (etc) are real that have a calendar to know when the dates are. Technically speaking the 31st of October is never on the same every year especially when you consider leap years.

Like I said before in another thread about "Dead Time" being 3am. When is 3am? as 3am is just a relative timeframe based on the rotation of the Earth and also the orbit of the earth around our sun. 3am is technically a moving point on the earth based on the position of the sun in the sky and a sidereal day is 23 hours, 56 minutes, 4.0916 seconds.
Timezones are artificial. Would a spirit know that 3am is not 3am depending on which timezone you are in? Say your haunted house is one side of the State line and another haunted house is 100m away on the other side of the state line(in a different timezone). Would a Spirit know that it's one time yet a few meters away it will not be 3am (due to different timezone)

Then there is Daylight saving, would a Spirit change his smartphone to know that 3am is now 2am? The what about the proposed timezone changes in New England. Would Spirits know about the changes?

The same is for dates in my eyes, and I believe that if Spirts etc exist, then every hour of every day will be just the same level of activity.
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:19 PM

I happen to think that there's a strong possibility that spirits do follow a calendar just as we do. Well, maybe not the confused group that either don't know or don't care. But the rest do, in my opinion. But regardless, the activity among the living does change around Halloween. therefore, we are more open to the supernatural during that time. And that's what attracts them to us in October.
Posted Image

#9 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:16 AM

I saw this 2 nights ago and forgot about it.  Even Disney made an animated movie along these lines...  Here is the trailer if you have not seen it  http://video.disney....6e16bed0b47e5a6
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#10 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

Just wanted to point out that there are a large number of cultural thangs related to ghosts in the September/October time frame like Japanese Obon, Chinese Double Ninth Festival, and I forget the name but there's a Japanese fire festival for lighting the path of visiting family ghosts so they can get back to the underworld which happens around mid October. The dates can get squishy since they are based on the lunar calendar BUT there really are a lot of ghostly events around this time :yes:
- siguie -

#11 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:32 PM

View PostLouczar, on 15 November 2017 - 05:16 AM, said:

I saw this 2 nights ago and forgot about it.  Even Disney made an animated movie along these lines...  Here is the trailer if you have not seen it  http://video.disney....6e16bed0b47e5a6

Love it, ...one night of the year where our ancestors can come visit us. The little boy has quite and adventure it seems. There was a similar movie several years back that I really liked but I can't remember the name. But it was amazing. Thanks, Louczar.

View Postsiguie, on 15 November 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

Just wanted to point out that there are a large number of cultural thangs related to ghosts in the September/October time frame like Japanese Obon, Chinese Double Ninth Festival, and I forget the name but there's a Japanese fire festival for lighting the path of visiting family ghosts so they can get back to the underworld which happens around mid October. The dates can get squishy since they are based on the lunar calendar BUT there really are a lot of ghostly events around this time :yes:

Exactly, Siguie.  :)
Posted Image

#12 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:15 PM

Thanks Siguie, good points!

1 user(s) are reading this topic