• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:22 PM

What are deathbed visions and how do they occur?  Are they common?

This is an amazing article...

http://paranormal.ab...bed-visions.htm
Posted Image

#2 Clarina1980

Clarina1980

Vortex

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,721 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:29 PM

My family has had a couple of examples of this.

My uncle Ken, for the full week before his death spoke about the people who were around him, not just people he knew but strangers too.  I guess in a hospice with lots of other people dying at the same time, there may be other people around, waiting.

Then there was my uncle Dave, who as a child developed a severe fever and was close to death.  He said that his father was there, even though he'd never met his father as he'd died before my uncle was born, during the war and had never seen a picture.   Upon recovering he was asked how he knew it was his father and he said "because he looked just like his brother".  Which he did.
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:25 PM

Both of those are great examples, Clarina.  Very moving stories :)
Posted Image

#4 chips1310

chips1310

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:All things spooky

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:37 AM

I remember my mother in law bless her, telling us about her deceased son visiting her in the hospital. She was quite descriptive in detail of the visit. She said she was ready to pass soon as he had put her at ease and would be waiting to guide her, she was confused as to why he left the ward through the window and not via the door like everyone else. She was allowed home and died the next day in the comfort of her own home. At the time of her visit, she was on a high dose of morphine so we put her vision down to that. Whether it was that or not, it let her pass at ease
Ignorance is refusing to believe what we dont understand

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,916 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:35 AM

Gee interesting accounts thanks for sharing :)

I have written this on another thread but am happy to share again. We knew a teen named Jason who had terminal cancer he was in hospital very ill. Jason told his mother his pop (who was in another hospital and at the end stage of his life) had come to visit him. Jason said his pop had taken him back to where he was and Jason was able to describe the layout of his pop's hospital room (even though he had never physically seen it). Jason said his pop told him not to be afraid that he was going to die before Jason and that he would be waiting for him when Jason die.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:11 AM

View Postklainey, on 02 October 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

Gee interesting accounts thanks for sharing :)

I have written this on another thread but am happy to share again. We knew a teen named Jason who had terminal cancer he was in hospital very ill. Jason told his mother his pop (who was in another hospital and at the end stage of his life) had come to visit him. Jason said his pop had taken him back to where he was and Jason was able to describe the layout of his pop's hospital room (even though he had never physically seen it). Jason said his pop told him not to be afraid that he was going to die before Jason and that he would be waiting for him when Jason die.

Now that is an interesting account also, klainey!  Thank you for sharing!
Posted Image

#7 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:42 PM

Not a vision but something strange...

My grandfather was totally blind for years so when he talked to you he just looked in your general direction but as he was dying in the hospital he grabbed my mothers hand and looked directly into her eyes and told her he loved her.  I believe in that brief moment he was able to see. I dunno.

#8 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:29 PM

These kind of stories always interest me. When my grandmother was passing away from cancer and we had her in her home she couldn't really talk but she would look over towards a corner and smile. My mother always believed it was because she was seeing my grandfather. A few days before that when she was speaking to my mother she made a comment saying "I give David about six months." My mother and aunt just looked at each other not knowing what to think as my Uncle David wasn't sick. Eight days after my grandmother passed away my uncle was killed in an accident. He was a truck driver. My mother lost her mother and her brother within 8 days of each other.
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,916 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:55 AM

My mum died from a medical error in the hospital, she went in for a routine day procedure. Something that gave me some measure of comfort was a short time before this Mum had said she woke up one morning and saw that her deceased mother and my mother's dog were sitting on the end of her bed! I asked did Nan say anything and Mum said "No, Nan just  disappeared when she realised I was awake". I like to think Nan was there for Mum during her death :) Mum told me at the time she hoped it wasn't an omen. I laugh and said no you need to change your medication!
Posted Image

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,916 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:29 AM

Steve Jobs sister Mona Simpson gave this eulogy at his funeral.

" Steve’s final words, hours earlier, were monosyllables, repeated three times.

Before embarking, he’d looked at his sister Patty, then for a long time at his children, then at his life’s partner, Laurene, and then over their shoulders past them.

Steve’s final words were:

OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW"
Posted Image

#11 daphnerose

daphnerose

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:06 AM

Goosebumps!!