#41 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 08:59 AM

siguie, on 24 October 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

Personally I think everyone should have atleast one indoor security camera if not for ghost hunting then atleast for security reasons plus you could check on Kittifur when you are out or more importantly wake him up every time he tries to take a nap during the day so you can sleep better at night :good:

It's never occurred to me to add extra security because my neighbor is very curious about what goes on here from time to time. She comes over when she believes I'm home or when she hears voices.  That kinda stuff makes me laugh.

I do go "out there" every now and again but I don't have time for serious ghost hunts just now ... so mostly drive by events. Technically my house is supposed to be haunted or atleast that's what I've been told by numerous people who have stayed in siguie manor. So I have ... lets just say  "many" security cameras, some also with audio triggers :yes: However, so far no ghosts or anything anomalous and I've done tonse of EVPs and even cursed ouiji board sessions and still nuthin :(

I love drive by.   To this day I have houses I maintain a curiousity about.  Are your friends houses as bombarded by various communication waves as yours?  There are many safety concerns there.  I actually cut back on mine when I can.  Unplugging when not in use.  My point being that you may be burned out.  Unable to pickup on anything unusual in your environment because you are plugged in and not unplugged.  That's my best guess.

As for books nope I cannot read :no:

Huh.  Is it scary to you or are experimenting?

As for tech ghost hunting Yup all for it :yes: I have a Natureal Tri FIeld meter along with electrostatic generators, electrostatic detetcors, I wrote the update diy for the Shack Hack spirit box, I even wrote a DIY for the Tasker android app to make yer phone an EMF detector without wasting battery. Heck it was easy enough that even Klainey managed to git it to werk :yes: Oh and yeah I've written some apps and also an online program :yes:

So yes I likes the stuff :good:

We go about detection in different ways.  Do you ever leave your devices behind?

Back to Kittifur ... I do like your writing style ... is what I would say if I could read ... but I particularly enjoy your Kittifur stories. I miss my kitty who passed years ago ...  but your stories brings back a lot of good memories without the 4am wakupandfeedmecallz :bunny:

Put food in the kitty dish at night.  I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is losing a friend. One of the very few that will put up with our stuff and always test our limits.  hehehe

It's been a pleasure.  Thank you for stopping by.  I'll work on the editor.
Happily Wacko.

#42 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:43 PM

I really don't consider cameras "extra" security they are just useful and what I would consider minimum security. They send pictures or video clips as needed and at $25 for 1080p wifi they are just great value. Also I'm that guy people give all their old tech to ... so my Dlink and other name brand carp cameras were all given to me. BUT with a 3D printer I can create really excellent cameras for ~$25 and that's 1080p to 4k and who wouldn't want a ghost cam in every room or nook and cranny :whistling:

FYI: only really bad wifi cameras are always in communication, mostly they are radio silent accept for the occasional "are you there" ping or when an alert is triggered OR when you are just streaming video to see what is happening.

Oh my drive-bys are mostly cemetaries or churches but I have an open invite for a skiled nursing facility. I know one of the nurses and some of the staff and they have lots of stories that they are not supposed to tell anyone :yes:

As for leaving my tech behind ... not on purpose :no: ... why would anyone do that if they want to collect actual evidence?

As for unplugged nope never I even have backup plug systems in case of power outages :oz:

If being plugged in prevents ghosts from performing then wouldn't the best advice for those with ghostly issues to buy more tech :good:

Surprisingly my home is a very quiet place both electronically and acoustically speaklng in fact I live in a cell tower node and barely get one bar, which is why I wrote a Tasker script to route calls through my wifi when I'm home :yes: Now my bedroom is a magnetic hotspot :bunny:  but that's mostly from a few other projects ... the rest of the house is relatively unremarkable.

Oh and I've never had any paranormal anythings that I'm aware of so if I do have a ghost it's scared of me and nope not scared of experimenting :no:

Yup we does things differently :yes: but I really think you should have atleast one camera  ... just waint until black friday and pickup a Wyze camera ... normally they're ~$25 but you can get them for $20 and if you don't like it you can turn it into a dashcam :yes:
- siguie -

#43 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:11 PM

Hi, Siguie.

Well, I'm not hearing a strong case for equipment usage.  Maybe I'm reading it wrong?   Pictures as needed?  What if you do not know what you are looking for?  How does the camera know what to look for?   Is it making an assumption that the paranormal acts like us therefore the equipment will respond correctly. I don't have a lot of confidence in it.  And I would have no confidence in me using it.  But I am envious that you are such a smarty tech pants.

LOL Being unplugged would allow you to become more aware of your environment. (If your place is haunted, I don't expect that to change just because you don't respond to it) That's all I'm saying.  I'm surprised that you can sleep in your bedroom though.  High electromagnetic waves makes it difficult for people to sleep (supposedly) but bugs and cats love it.  

Hey, I will take a look at the Wyze camera because you took the time.  I have been out running wild with friends.  I'm sorry I wasn't checking in on you.  Thank you!!!

Kittafur says HI!
Happily Wacko.

#44 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:26 PM

View PostMenet, on 31 October 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

But I am envious that you are such a smarty tech pants.

( Lol that he is)

LOL Being unplugged would allow you to become more aware of your environment. (If your place is haunted, I don't expect that to change just because you don't respond to it) That's all I'm saying.  I'm surprised that you can sleep in your bedroom though.  High electromagnetic waves makes it difficult for people to sleep (supposedly) but bugs and cats love it.  

:good:

Hey, I will take a look at the Wyze camera because you took the time.  I have been out running wild with friends.  I'm sorry I wasn't checking in on you.  Thank you!!!

Kittafur says HI!

:show:

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#45 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:50 PM

Hi, Siguie.

Well, I'm not hearing a strong case for equipment usage.  Maybe I'm reading it wrong?   Pictures as needed?  What if you do not know what you are looking for?  How does the camera know what to look for?   Is it making an assumption that the paranormal acts like us therefore the equipment will respond correctly. I don't have a lot of confidence in it.  And I would have no confidence in me using it.  But I am envious that you are such a smarty tech pants.

Oh I didn't realize I was supposed to be making a case for equipment usage :what: I suppose the best reason for using equipment is it allows you to accurately capture the elements of a moment. Be that time, temperature, EMF levels or a video of what was occuring. Without "equipment" all you can really do is give personal accounts and best guesses on any real data.

Equipment doesn't care if something is paranormall or not so if something paranormal registers then you've got data otherwise you don't.

"How does the camera know what to look for?"  A: Oh the best part is it doesn't :no: the camera is unbiased and records whatever it records, you just need to decide how to use it :yes: There was this one book that I kept finding on the floor, like it fell out of its spot in the book case so I put a camera on it 24/7 with an IR blaster for night time. I figured if it was a ghost I'd either see it or I'd get a video where everyone says it's probably fishing line or rig behind the book pushing it. That or as I suspected taking clips over a few days/weeks I'd see the book slowly inching out over time doing a thermal creep until it falls.

Anywho pretty much all of my cameras have motion sensors so IF a ghost sets one off and I can see it I'll have a clip. IF ghosts are not detectable then I'd have clips of it/them moving stuff. IF nothing else I know when friends and family steal my carp :gaah:

As for using the stuff it's pretty much just plug 'n play for the new stuff :yes: use the phone app to set it up and your golden :good: Aim at where you think a ghost might show or at the stuff they might play with OR hook it to a harness and strap it on Kittafur for an amazing fast 'n furious video {if he isn't thrilled } or a nice relaxing a day in the life of a kitty Halmark video. You could also hook it onto a long pole to see if you need to clean the gutters before it rains. It's just a camera use it however ya like.

Srsly why would being "unplugged" change ones environmental awareness? My cameras just watch and listen for movement where I want them to, they don't prevent me from seeing or hearing anything myself. My pHone is mostly just charging because I'm in a cell node and I rarely get or answer calls on my cell because I reroute them to my siguie brand VoIP land line ... yeah ok I teched the carp out of my home phone 'cuz there is no way I'm paying a company for internet AND pHone :headlbash: I mean HELLO it's the same freaken system I'm not gonna pay twice for it :bad:

Um OK I think you are mixing a few things together Electric Fields are formed from non-Neutral static charges {think balloons rubbed against hair} as well as moving currents {think wall sockets and devices that run on electricity}. Magnetic fields can come from magnets or moving electricity {so not the stationary charge case}. An ElectroMagnetic Field is the magnetic field generated my the moving often alternating use of electricity. ElectroMagnetic Radiation on the other hand is light or radio waves which "can" be generated by electrical devices in addition to the other two {electric and magnetic FIELDS} but are really a separate thangs all together 'cuz EM radiation doesn't really interact with electric or magnetic fields.

K bugs like fire ants love Electric fields not so much magnetic, cats like both but seem to prefer magnetic fields and neither respond in any notable way to electromagnetic waves though some people do appear to be adversely effected. I'm not one of them :no: I'm frequently exposed to eXtremely high levels of magnetic fields ...  the kind that would fry pacemakers. Also plenty of high level of electromagnetics too but not that much electric fields though I guess that's relative.

Anywho that's all werk and play related my home is far "quieter" E and M fields and EM waves related than most. I live in a cell tower node and being energy consious I set my devices to use the least amount of energy beacuse I don't want to pay for it and or want the batteries to last as long as possible.

Only BAD cameras are always broadcasting and my devices automagically turn off wifi and bluetooth when not needed.

My home is considered "very efficient" typically using only 25% to 30% of what other nearby homes use ... normalized to the number of occupants. This means even things like my refrigerator and lights give off lower quantities of those fields, this is why my home is very quiet electrically, magnetically and EM wave speaking :yes: I also have a TriField meter {equipment} so it's easy to measure.

Oh and I have a bazillion super magnets in my bedroom ... mostly because they are cool ... but also 'cuz I was intrigued by levitating graphite on magnets.

Kittafur says HI!

Oh don't bother if you are not interested ... I just have one so I could check it out and tell my friends wether or not they should get one. My DIY cameras are vastly better and the same price or cheaper just not beginner friendly. The Wyze cameras do everything most people want, even cloud storage, and they are easy to tweak into specialty cameras like dashcams for your car or kitty cams for yer kitty.

Say Hi to Kittafur for me :hi:
- siguie -