• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:43 AM

View PostGrisner, on 24 June 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

Yes, snowlord, I know you and many skeptics utterly discount all personal experiences as garbage. But these experiences are anything but garbage to those that experience them. You can diatribe all you want about how it has no meaning or value but such is not the case to far too many. You don't have to believe. I wouldn't expect many too believe without a personal experience but your willingness to discount those that were once skeptics but have had a life altering experience as little more than liars leaves your skeptical biases clear.

Your willingness to engage in confirmation bias (10 reasons bigfoot is a bust) shows that you don't follow the strict guidelines one would expect from one that appears to promote the concepts of science alone.

And seriously, The fact that we exist is not evidence of alien life. How or where you came up with that is astounding and only shows that your willingness to fabricate "facts" rather than admit a point has been made. Considering the extreme level of your skeptical bias I am utterly confused why anyone would want you to look at their possible paranormal evidence. There is nothing that you will not do or say to deny anything other than what you believe based upon your "skeptic" status.

You're so wrong on so many of those points, but there is no use expanding on any of them because I can see it will only devolve into a useless argument. You sound very angry that I don't agree with you. I will just say that I stand by what I have said, I disagree with what you have said, and will leave it at that.

#22 Grisner

Grisner

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:12 PM

View PostCDS, on 26 June 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

It's been my observation that most people that would comment on evidence, only comment when they find something wrong with it.

I've seen this trend on every forum I've visited. Anyone that posts something, if it's solid evidence there will be very few replies if any. This goes for audio and video.

This does not make sense to me as I would think GOOD evidence would attract some kind of feed back or cause people to have some kind of reaction at least. What does silence say>? It tells me people are quick to react when they find fault with something and become silent observers when not beating something up.

I've been thinking about this a bit more and I am wondering if this might be because when something is wrong with evidence we can be certain of it. However, when we see evidence that seems more reliable we are hesitant to "jump" in and accept it. I think as believers we hear too often how wrong we are and are apprehensive of showing support of such evidence in case it turns out to be a hoax or something.

I think this concern can essentially censor what we may want to say in such instances. It does me anyway. I don't want to be wrong about any judgments in evidence but this closes off possible dialog about such evidence. I will endeavor to be more open about what I see and less concerned about errors in my judgement as that is the only way for evidence to be fully explored. I think this board has the knowledgeable people necessary to assist any and all in this matter and continued discourse will only enable others access to their knowledge.

#23 Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*

Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:38 AM

In this field, sceptics are paramount to trying to understand. Whereas I have experienced many things and I believe myself to be a logical thinker, there has been many times when a sceptic has pointed out something or explained a possible explanation that I had not seen or considered. In my opinion, the believer vs sceptics belief works both ways, they may never beleive in the paranormal as they may never experience it (and why should they?) but some believers tag EVERYTHING as paranormal which (in my opinion) is even worse!

#24 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:36 PM

Maybe I am missing something but what are you supposed to say or comment on when evidence appears "good"?

I generally try to thank people for posting their "evidence" regardless of whether I think it's good or bad but to be honest the vast majority of "evidence" is low quality or very questionable and that pretty much opens it up to a less than positive commentary. I really don't see that as a bad thing either :no: many people are just not aware of common mistakes.

I think IF evidence is really good it will naturally get an "oh wow good job" or some such from the crowd here simply because everyone is interested in the topic and are hoping for "good" evidence. :yes:

The evidence that falls between good and bad just doesn't leave much to be said or atleast that's my opinion.
- siguie -

#25 Abishai100

Abishai100

Orb

• GS Member
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism, Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Copa America

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:31 AM

Mermaids: Medium?

Sailors for many years have made fantastic claims of seeing mermaids sitting on rocks sunbathing by the shore.

Maybe these seamen were travel-weary and daydreamed about peaceful figurines bathing in the sun by the sea, or maybe what they saw were real evolutionary gems on Earth.

What seems to be the relevant question is, "Are we unsatisfied with standard Darwinian theories?"

Maybe we can coordinate skepticism with science-fiction.  There really should be more science-fiction storytelling about evolution (and I don't mean just Jurassic Park).

Mermaids: The Body Found

Attached File  mermaids (2).jpg   9.05K   0 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users