• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:44 PM

I think it deserves to be published for sure, I like it!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#22 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:00 AM

Question: Is the tiger striped part a chair? If so the rag doll could be just grasped by the head and shoulders with the rest of the doll hidden behind the chair arm. A  possible reason the body doesn't show as Jim is correct in his observation that the head seems to be missing a body... If they are on the floor on a tiger striped rug of some sort, that ups the paranormal thought a tad. Just saying.

God Bless
Graves
Who you gonna call?

#23 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:15 AM

Folks,

This image is posted all over the internet. These sites have dozens of fakes and false positives or worse phone app manipulated images...

It's Here

it's also here

and now it's here at P-soup.

#24 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,455 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:49 AM

Usually if something goes viral like this, it's because it was "planted" online
Posted Image

#25 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:17 AM

Well, I guess that's the point I'm trying to make. A image with no back story on where, when or any explanation of it at all displayed on sites that push everything is paranormal is most likely a fake or false positive (pareidolia).

Personally if I was to consider any image as paranormal in origin, the basics would be, it has to have a back story. I have to be able to get hold of the original with EXIF data intact and the photographer. Otherwise it's all pure speculation and conjecture.

#26 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:36 PM

Okay... thanks for that, CDS.
I haven't seen it all over the internet but I can see why the two sites you linked, posted it, it's pretty amazing. The submitter created quite a feat, if it's fake.

I think the problem with a lot of paranormal researchers are that they are too quick to dismiss anything without being very near to absolute proof (which will never happen by the way). Or only consider if it has a story, especially an amazing back story. To me, an amazing back story can easily mean buyer beware. True, I didn't receive much of a story with the picture. Which usually happens. They usually want to know if I'm interested first. And in this case, I never got back with them and that's my fault.

To tell you the truth, it's a little disheartening to post a photo knowing it will simply be dismissed without further ado. Makes me wonder how many genuine photos are simply discarded without any real thought to the possibilities.

#27 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:40 AM

oh well that's a bit of a bummer.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#28 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:05 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 01 August 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

Okay... thanks for that, CDS.
I haven't seen it all over the internet but I can see why the two sites you linked, posted it, it's pretty amazing. The submitter created quite a feat, if it's fake.

I think the problem with a lot of paranormal researchers are that they are too quick to dismiss anything without being very near to absolute proof (which will never happen by the way). Or only consider if it has a story, especially an amazing back story. To me, an amazing back story can easily mean buyer beware. True, I didn't receive much of a story with the picture. Which usually happens. They usually want to know if I'm interested first. And in this case, I never got back with them and that's my fault.

To tell you the truth, it's a little disheartening to post a photo knowing it will simply be dismissed without further ado. Makes me wonder how many genuine photos are simply discarded without any real thought to the possibilities.

Jim,

First I want to make sure you (and the rest of the board) understand I am a believer. I've had many many encounters / experiences of my own. However I do not blindly believe something is paranormal because I can't explain a image. I personally need more. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. If I can't question the submitter, get originals and EXIF, I pretty much have to dismiss it as evidence. That does not mean I disbelieve the person is having issues paranormal or not.

I also do not think a standard camera can capture the paranormal. It's not a magical device that can see things the photographer can't.

ETA: I'm not completely closed minded either ;)

Edited by CDS, 02 August 2016 - 05:26 AM.

#29 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:26 PM

View PostCDS, on 02 August 2016 - 05:05 AM, said:

I also do not think a standard camera can capture the paranormal. It's not a magical device that can see things the photographer can't.

That's interesting, and what type of camera do think can perhaps capture the Paranormal?

#30 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:48 AM

CDS... I don't think there was any extraordinary claim made by the submitter concerning this photo. So I for one, am not expecting any extraordinary evidence. But it would've been nice.  ;)  No one is going to be able to prove to the masses that ghosts, spirits, devils and demons exist. It's never going to happen... we are simply not meant to know. Sure, people can have their own personal experiences and have that confirmation, but it will never be something that can be proved. Neither can we prove EVP's can absolutely record supernatural beings. And that's fine with me, I don't particularly want to break any laws. There's a strong penalty for that.... meaning we will be stopped.

I don't blindly believe in the paranormal either, in case you were wondering. But like I said earlier in this thread, I feel if a picture can't be explained, then it's okay to consider the possibilities. Same with, UFO's, deep sea creatures or anything else.

I don't know why a camera can capture the supernatural... but it appears that it can. Whether it can be proved or not.  ;)
Oh, and I already knew you didn't believe in photographic evidence of the paranormal... and I know there are others here as well.

#31 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:01 AM

Have a nice day...

#32 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf (Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 25 July 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

The thing I find odd is that the head doesn't seem to have a body beyond the shoulders.
And there seems to be an outstretched arm and hand extending to the baby's face from the face.

Posted Image

I found this pic by Chrissy Teigen, she posted it on SnapChat. Doesn't it remind you of the face in the pic.

'Hello my honey bee': Chrissy put a bee filter on four-month-old Luna's face.

Posted Image

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#33 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,455 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:12 AM

Bah Snapchat. I have  a feeling we'll be seeing more fake photos using it. I've seen a bunch being passed off as paranormal elsewhere. Shame, just something else to muddy the waters.

I'm not sure about standard cameras myself. As said above, they can't capture anything that can't be seen. Infrared, ultraviolet and other  specialty cameras may, however
Posted Image

#34 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:38 PM

View PostMacCionoadha, on 04 August 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

I found this pic by Chrissy Teigen, she posted it on SnapChat. Doesn't it remind you of the face in the pic.

The picture that you found, maybe does kind of reminds of the face in the other photo. But to me the differences are evident, as one is meant to be an alien, and the other apparently looks similar to a vintage rag doll's upper body and head.

Edited by Hudds, 04 August 2016 - 12:46 PM.

#35 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:54 PM

I've looked and looked at the photo and now to me the "eye" on the right side of the photo looks like it could be a mouth with nostrils above it. I really think it's just some strange motion blur of the baby in motion with probably tissue paper or wrapping paper in his hands.

And the snapchat filter is a bee not an alien.;)

#36 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,455 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:56 PM

View Postlorac61469, on 04 August 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

I've looked and looked at the photo and now to me the "eye" on the right side of the photo looks like it could be a mouth with nostrils above it. I really think it's just some strange motion blur of the baby in motion with probably tissue paper or wrapping paper in his hands.

And the snapchat filter is a bee not an alien. ;)

True. I think it was just used as an example as to what Snapchat can do. You may be right, but to my eyes the "face" looks flat, like it was added/painted on.  But I haven't gotten new glasses in years, so... ;)
Posted Image

#37 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:00 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 04 August 2016 - 01:56 PM, said:

True. I think it was just used as an example as to what Snapchat can do. You may be right, but to my eyes the "face" looks flat, like it was added/painted on.  But I haven't gotten new glasses in years, so... ;)

And I've been looking at these on an old (cracked) iPad. Might look totally different on the PC.

#38 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:06 PM

I bet it's wrapping paper like the one that the box is wrapped in.  I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. The eye is the ornament and the nose & mouth are the stars on the paper.

Edited by lorac61469, 04 August 2016 - 02:06 PM.

#39 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:20 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 04 August 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

I'm not sure about standard cameras myself. As said above, they can't capture anything that can't be seen. Infrared, ultraviolet and other  specialty cameras may, however

I am inclined to think now, that you believe most photos of the Paranormal are not real? Please correct me if I am wrong, Vlawde.

Regarding such statements as "they can't capture anything that can't be seen" and "It's not a magical device that can see things the photographer can't".

Let's take a brief look at how a most common EVP is captured; An EVP is captured by "recording empty audio" in a silent room, in hope that when the recording is played back, voices/ words will be present.

In my opinion, if a EVP can be captured in silent room using a recording device/ component. Then there shouldn't be a reason why a Spirit can not manifest to appear in a image, while a person is attempting to capture something else, using a standard camera.

#40 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,455 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:36 PM

I do think a large portion of paranormal photos are not paranormal. Talking about regular cameras here. We've all seen how a flash can illuminate dust, insects etc and make people think there is something ghostly about it. In that sense it may be true the camera "sees" something the photographer can't, but it's not paranormal. Same with glare, unidentified reflections etc

A camera can only capture what's in front of it, as said it's not a magical device. The problem in part pareidolia. Dark areas  people see pixels in, waterstained walls that may resemble facial features etc. There are many things that can be misinterpreted after the fact. Now if a spirit actually manifested in front of someone with a camera, is it possible they could capture the image?  Possibly. But it may be this image is projected to the person and isn't physically there, so I dunno. We have seen some interesting videos, but (IMO) very few photos. Even the ghost shows (for what it's worth) rarely present still photos as any evidence

As far as EVP's, can't discount that something might be able to imprint on film as they do on a recorder. But after years of examining photos, most of what I've seen  is explainable
Posted Image