Duke U Clinics

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Glen Z.

Glen Z.

Orb

• GS Member
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:My wife, music, ghosts. I like Tool, Puscifer, APC, Metallica, Rammstein.

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

I don't really know what to think of this picture. My wife and I explored the bottom of the Clinics one night and took pictures pretty randomly. There are a few more I wanted to post but am unsure about them. We just started uploading this to the comp today. Take a look on the stairs and tell me what you see...

Hope it attaches this time!
His deeds shall not be forgiven until he merits.

#2 Tami101

Tami101

Apport

• GS Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:32 PM

Sorry, I can't see the link.  Maybe its just me??
There's a beautiful light at the end of my tunnel...

#3 StoneGarden

StoneGarden

Orb

• GS Member
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Books, reading, the paranormal

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

View PostGlen Z., on 12 November 2010 - 07:04 PM, said:

I don't really know what to think of this picture. My wife and I explored the bottom of the Clinics one night and took pictures pretty randomly. There are a few more I wanted to post but am unsure about them. We just started uploading this to the comp today. Take a look on the stairs and tell me what you see...

There doesn't seem to be a link or an image...   :(
Because sometimes I get bored and need something interesting to do there is this: www.stonegarden.net.

#4 Glen Z.

Glen Z.

Orb

• GS Member
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:My wife, music, ghosts. I like Tool, Puscifer, APC, Metallica, Rammstein.

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:37 AM

View PostStoneGarden, on 12 November 2010 - 09:06 PM, said:

There doesn't seem to be a link or an image...   :(

FINALLY!!!!! Sorry to waste everyone's time before! I had to resize it AND my comp was running slow. So anyway, originally I thought that this was some discoloration in the stairs and I think the body of the "shape" is in fact partly that. But the "hat" part of the shape actually blocks out those parts of the stairs. I'm not a pro photog or anything but I did run it through a few image filters. The hat shows up in all of them and the eyes actually have pupils in others. Found this interesting. I have two more pics that I would like to post after this.

Attached Files

#5 Glen Z.

Glen Z.

Orb

• GS Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:59 AM

Okay in these next two pics, we became seriously creeped out and paranoid that something was watching us when we were down there. These pics represent as far as we went. When looking through them, my wife noticed something appeared to be sitting on the pipes on the left side of the pic. It takes some effort, but zoom all the way in and you will see a small milky, human shaped anomaly in that area that appears to be sitting there looking at it's feet in the first attached pic. I wouldn't have given it much thought except there does appear to be a face or a shape of one. In the next pic, the image changes slightly. The "face:" appears to turn and look at us. These are what I perceive to be possible spirits. It could be a trick of the light but I really haven't found a way to prove either as fact.

Attached Files

#6 Tami101

Tami101

Apport

• GS Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:40 AM

I can certainly see something in the first picture.  Creeping eyes staring at you, and I can also make out the hat.  Great capture!

The second set of pictures I'm afraid I can't see anything.  Can anyone point out what I am missing?

#7 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:44 AM

View PostGlen Z., on 13 November 2010 - 03:59 AM, said:

... It could be a trick of the light but I really haven't found a way to prove either as fact ...

Don`t worry about that, because there is no way to do it from just a picture. Photo`s can`t prove, or disprove, anything definitively. Something in a photo could always be a light anomaly, a camera flaw, or maybe even something real. There is no way to tell for sure from just the image. Photos are interesting, and can be used as supplementary evidence, but can never qualify as primary evidence.

The "hat" in the first image looks to be a stain on the stairs to me. The " eye lights " could be some kind of reflection or artifact. I would need to see the full size, unedited original to have any better idea.

I don`t see anything in the second or third image .. but remember that changing the camera angle slightly could alter the look of a light or reflection anomaly enough to make you think it looks different.

#8 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:35 PM

View PostSnowlord, on 13 November 2010 - 10:44 AM, said:

The "hat" in the first image looks to be a stain on the stairs to me. The " eye lights " could be some kind of reflection or artifact.
That was my thinking as well.  I definitely see a shape that resembles a short shadowy figure in a top hat, but it could easily be a discoloration on the stairs.  Were you able to take a close look at this area to see if there's anything shiny on the stairs that could have reflected the camera's flash?

#9 Glen Z.

Glen Z.

Orb

• GS Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:31 PM

Okay, there are a couple of things about the stairs. I did zoom and try to enhance the picture. The "body" of the image does appear to be discoloration. However, the "hat" portion of the image actually blocks out some detail of the step it is in front of.  I can't really explain the "eyes". Certain portions of those tunnels are very old and dusty and it would be certainly foolish of me to discount that as being part of the image. The more I look at the "Ghost Pilgrim" image, the more I become torn. I really want to say "Yes, this is without a doubt paranormal and far better than other pics on the boards." but also too, I recognize that there is far too many environmental artifacts that could contribute to such a cool image.  Unfortunately, I don't have any advanced photo enhancing software and I've been forced to use an online service called picnik. I am going to try and point out a few things here soon, if I can get the photos enhanced as I want. Plus, I want to go back down again and see if I get anymore items of interest. One thing I did fail to mention before is that there have been increased reports of shadow people and encounters in the building. A week before this picture was taken, I actually got dispatched to speak to a woman who claimed someone was knocking on her office door and each time she opened up the door, no one was there. Also, I've had an encounter with the infamous ghost chair.  I'll take more pics and update this thread as I can.  This building is fairly old, there is a lot that has happened here and it's history and "forgotten" sections are great. I would like to do some EVPs and all that, but of course carrying a radio and goofing around with ghost hunts at work is a bad idea.  :happy0194:

#10 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:44 PM

I can see something in the first picture. Kinda creepy but I have to point this out... It kind of looks like Orko from the He-Man cartoon. Anyone else see it? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orko

I don't see anything in the others.

#11 Tami101

Tami101

Apport

• GS Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

View Posttotalia, on 16 November 2010 - 02:44 PM, said:

I can see something in the first picture. Kinda creepy but I have to point this out... It kind of looks like Orko from the He-Man cartoon. Anyone else see it? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orko

I don't see anything in the others.

No...but I love the imagery. LOL

#12 the_gray_jester

the_gray_jester

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Parapsychology, Metal music, Photography, Writing, reading, and investigating.

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:25 AM

the eyes look like rivets to me,  i worked in alot of these tunnels in old buildings and sometimes the metal was riveted to the the stair where there is alot of water running.  which in this photo is obviouse.  the discolouration is from iron rich water running down the stairs. and I'm going to make a guess that that two spots were just bolts or rivits.  if they were stainless steel then they wouldent show the discolouration the rest oft he stairs show. as for the other two photos,  i dont see anything but an exit sign :P.
Posted Image

#13 Ambug

Ambug

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Books, online games, Paranormal.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:53 AM

The first picture, it looks like cat eyes to me on the stairs. The second and third photos, i do not see anything weird.

#14 Spirit of the Appalachians

Spirit of the Appalachians

Orb

• GS Member
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:The arts, music of all kinds, history, film, sciences, nature, photography, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hi Glen Z,
I used to work at Duke University Med. Ctr. in the 80ís and 90ís for about 13 years. My first job was in the Psych department for about 3 years and then in Prosthetics and Orthotics for about 10 years. This of course meant that I was located in the basement at Duke South while I was working in P&O. One interesting thing I can tell you is that our P&O clinic was located, and may still be located, where the shoot is located at the back of Duke So. off the turning circle. This is where the mail was dropped off and to the Duke So. mail room and where funeral homes would come to pick up bodies. Also of interest is that the old morgue was located at the end of the hallway very near to us and around the corner where they did (do?) medical transcriptions. As a result the crematorium was located right next door to the P&O clinic. Our patient parking was located on this shoot, which was very narrow, and of course this created some issues with some patients when the Funeral Homes came by to discharge their duties.

While I worked first shift there I was often in the clinic alone at night and even slept there at least once when bad weather was coming in and I had to be there to work the next day. I slept in one of the offices in the back of the clinic quite close to the old morgue. I brought a cot to sleep on and some food and something to drink through the night, and some movies on vhs video tapes (movies) so I comfortable and entertained. I will tell you however that, that clinic is one creepy place at night and I certainly was on the lookout for anything which might be trolling around or might say boo. LOL I often felt that the place was inhabited by ghosts of people who not only died there but worked there before death. Duke is an amazing place and depending on the day you either love working there or you hate it. There doesnít seem to be any in between.
As for your photos I did look to see if I could tell exactly where you took your photos and I donít recognize those areas. Duke is crawling with underground tunnels that are not open to anyone but security and maintenance as Iím sure you know. I was told in fact that in the 1960ís security and the police used those tunnels to move about the campus during the civil rights and anti-war protests. I realize that both Duke No and So have changed and that there are even new basement and sub basement areas now. They were doing the work on the new clinics at Duke So when I worked there and it was finished about a year or two before I left Duke.

As for what I see in the photos, it does appear at first glance in the first photo that something could be on the stairs. However after looking closer I think that it is discoloration and a reflection of something on the stairs. On the other two photos I did not see anything which looked out of place or paranormal. In our group we usually tell people that still photographs are probably the hardest evidence to analyze and therefore the weakest evidence to draw a firm conclusion on. Without other co-operating evidence such as EVPs, video, EMF documentation occurring at the same time, it is hard to say for sure what anything is on a still photo.

I would love to hear from you and would love to know if the P&O clinic is still located in the place it was when I left. I know they went private as Duke did not want to operate the clinic anymore. I always thought that was sad and a mistake that Duke wanted to let it all go but I wasnít in administration of course.  LOL
Before I close this reply, Iím sure you have been on campus and walked around the beautiful Gothic architecture of Duke West campus which is of course adjacent to Duke So. The Chapel is beautiful as is all the rest of that campus. Iíve been to the top of the chapel many times and even in the crypt where the past presidents of Duke are interred in the floor and walls of the crypt. If one faces the alter of the chapel on the left is the crypt where the Duke brothers are also interred and while the whole campus has a Gothic beauty to it Iím sure there are ghosts a plenty there in many of the buildings.

Thanks so much for this post Glen.
Tony
http://www.youtube.c...APRSociety/feed

View PostGlen Z., on 12 November 2010 - 07:04 PM, said:

#15 crystal

crystal

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, supernatural, reading, music, writing, drawing =)

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

That pic with the eyes and the hat... has anyone ever seen Spy vs. Spy?   :)  Just came to mind when I saw the shape on the wall.

On a serious note...  and I hate to be "that person" but I am seeing illusion, nothing paranormal.  I do see what you're referring to in the second set of pictures, but to me it is just something that showed up due to the lighting when you took the pictures.

Just realized how old this thread is.  Wow.  We need to liven things up around here!
To die will be an awfully big adventure.
J.M. BARRIE, Peter Pan

#16 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

I see the eyes in the first picture, but all I see in the next two pictures is a red light in the center.  I'm not sure if that has any relevance or not.

Posted Image

"Somehow through it all...  We carry on...

Raise you up when you fall...  We carry on...

Bury the past...  Wounds remain...  Through it all...  A desire to live again"

#17 Gemiejo

Gemiejo

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

I see something in the first picture too. I can see a fainted orb on the left side of the photo as well. In the 2nd and 3rd pictures I don't see anything only that red light.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users