• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 vave82

vave82

The Fairy with an Attitude

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:54 AM

Just came across this video on my Facebook feed, from the page of a popular Australian breakfast show:

https://au.tv.yahoo....t-runaway/#play

What does anyone think of this? I am not a visual or photographic expert whatsoever... could it be fishing line pulling the bar stool maybe? And how about the little, see through person running at the end? Possibly easily explained, but I am curious :)

Ps. Let me know if the link doesn't work, I have a suspicion it may be viewed from Australia only?

#2 chips1310

chips1310

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:All things spooky

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:56 AM

Link works fine here in Scotland. As for the video, yeah the teetering stool does resemble an object getting pulled in one direction as you say maybe by a fishing line. The little "ghost" running out is interesting, I watched it on my phone and the screen is small, so find it hard to make a judgement at the moment
Ignorance is refusing to believe what we dont understand

#3 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,187 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:11 AM

Not sure what to think. Here;s a screen cap of the "ghost"  

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,287 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:35 AM

Yeah, the bar stool could have been done with a fishing line. But I don't know what to think of the ghost thingie floating through. It's not what you would expect a ghost to look like but a cool capture.  Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#5 Lord_tea

Lord_tea

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:To be honest I prefer coffee.

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:38 AM

The little 'ghost' is really blurry so we wont be able to get a good look at it, and for some reason I find its size and speed much spookier than a still, human size apparition... *shudder*

Reminds me of the night cam video of the couple in bed where a weird little monkey/imp/being tries to jump on the bed, has anyone seen that one?

Posted Image

"Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way" - Charles Bukowski

#6 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:10 PM

Very interesting - Thanks Vave!!

#7 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:16 PM

That ghost had a few too many ^_^

Posted Image

"Somehow through it all...  We carry on...

Raise you up when you fall...  We carry on...

Bury the past...  Wounds remain...  Through it all...  A desire to live again"

#8 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,287 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:25 PM

Did anyone else notice the white anomaly??

_It's next to the stool on the floor in the first view that we see of the stool.
_Then on the second view, from a different angle, it's on top of the stool and on the right side.
_Then we see it as if it's pulling and forcing the stool to the ground.
_As the stool plummets to the ground... this anomaly then zig-zags wildly and settles on the stool leg.
_And finally, when the man lefts the stool, the anomaly takes flight and disappears!
_Last scene, the men walk away and we see what appears to be an anomaly on each of the two stools, and probably laughing!  :D  

I know that many will think this is a reflection. If so, then convince me, because this thing seems to have a mind of it's own.
The way this thing reacts and the way it appears to pull the stool to the ground, and then streams wildly after the crash, makes it appear convincing.
Posted Image

#9 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:31 PM

I'll have to rewatch when I'm on my home monitor. I did notice a reflection on the top metal part of the stoll when it began falling, and another on the bottom metal part as/after it fell. Seems the white anomaly came from further back when it first appeared. But this bears another watch on a better monitor
Posted Image

#10 lorac61469

lorac61469

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:58 PM

Not saying its fake ut it could be.  They seem to be overacting about the stool falling over plus there are programs that allow you to edit videos.  One such program is called Magix Movie Edit Pro.  Check out some videos online.  Cool stuff.

#11 kevinscan

kevinscan

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    friends
    horror & sci-fi
    a good mystery
    Star Wars

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:41 PM

The stool does look like it's being pulled, possibly fishing line or black cotton.
Jim is right the shiny thing on the stool does act funny by jumping about, some of it is reflection but when it jumps off and back again when he's picking it up seems strange.
As for the "ghost" thing, this could be manipulated in a graphic program.
Posted Image

The most sophisticated computer ever  devised by mankind is now called Stonehenge.

#12 vave82

vave82

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:45 PM

You know that, actually, I had been looking at that white thing for the whole time thinking that's the ghost they were talking about... then I saw the other one quickly dashing across the room. I was puzzled and I found this video quite creepy, to be frank! I wasn't too sure about the stool at first, but now I am rethinking about it.

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 28 October 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

I'll have to rewatch when I'm on my home monitor. I did notice a reflection on the top metal part of the stoll when it began falling, and another on the bottom metal part as/after it fell. Seems the white anomaly came from further back when it first appeared. But this bears another watch on a better monitor

Vlawde, let us know when you have done so!! Keen to know your opinion too :)

#13 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:54 PM

Yeah, the "reflection" on the stool doesn't look right. I'm thinking the video was made with these effects on purpose. Nothing happens until there are only the 3 guys in the bar.  And someone obviously edited to video to put together the different camera angles. So I am highly suspicious. So much tomfoolery can be disguised by the horrible resolution of the camera
Posted Image

#14 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,287 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:19 PM

I think they were just showing us two separate angles from the surveillance cams.
And the kleenex ghost seems to be the only anomaly they are aware of when presenting this video.
Posted Image

#15 Lord_tea

Lord_tea

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:35 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 28 October 2015 - 11:19 PM, said:

...the kleenex ghost seems to be the only anomaly...

Oh lord, my sides... I nearly spat my coffee out.

I just re-watched with the phantom reflection in mind, it is indeed weird. I wonder if it's a clue to a 'trick' being used. Vlawde's right though, the resolution does mask any shenanigans going on in that area as no matter how many times I watch it it all becomes a blur at the moments where we need to see the most clarity.

A clever ruse or horrifying evidence that miniature ghosts exist...

Edited by Lord_tea, 29 October 2015 - 12:35 AM.

Posted Image

"Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way" - Charles Bukowski

#16 vave82

vave82

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:30 AM

Could the image of the 'running little ghost' be blurry simply because of the quick movement as opposed to the people sitting down almost stationary? I noticed that, when on one of the angles you can see the man sweeping, his quick movement makes him appear slightly blurry. It used to happen on my old phone, camera resolution was really crappy and when I tried to take a video in the evenings or in a dimly lit room, if movements were sudden it all looked blurry. I am not sure about the resolution of CCTV cameras in dark places? Just a thought!

#17 Lord_tea

Lord_tea

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:50 AM

It's a combination of the low frame-rate and poor resolution of the camera, depending on how quickly something moves is going to mean that they appear on less frames and therefore their movement will appear juddery, just like Kleenex ghost. Fast motion does unfortunately not go well with low frame-rate so whatever happened there we aren't seeing all of it.

Posted Image

#18 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,287 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:05 PM

Well, I wouldn't want to dismiss the video evidence due to the poor quality of the surveillance cams.
As for the white round anomaly... I can't say for sure that it's not just reflection because I wouldn't know for sure how a reflection would react as the stool falls over, etc.

Here's a full-sized view of the video on YouTube:  Click Here

Here's the outside of the building:  https://www.google.c....</span></span>

Here's the Bar & Restaurant's phone number if anyone wants to call them about this:   +(65)82996434

Lord_tea... I couldn't think of a better word to describe it. It looks like a Kleenex tissue.  :)
Posted Image

#19 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:19 PM

I did another screen cap and lightened it a wee bit. I still think the white anomaly on the stool is a  reflection, this is after the stool was put upright and the guys walked away. You can see several reflective spots on 2 stools

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,287 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:32 PM

But does that discount everything involving the white anomalies? And could a reflection react that way when the stool fell and was lifted up, in your opinion?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users