Destination Truth

• You cannot reply to this topic
51 replies to this topic

#1 Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:39 AM

Yay! DT is back. I love this show. They never really catch anything but it's so fun to watch for me...all the cultures you see..and the mocking of them. I know it's insensitive but hey, if your making a show about finding creatures and you never have a solid find...might as well give something else to make up for it. I did like the evidence from the suicide woods though. That was pretty creepy.
My Signature
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#2 lurker

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:playing guitar, roadtrips, paranormal and reading

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:44 AM

I like that show.  To me it's like Ghost adventures but for cryptiods (sp?).  It's fun but I wonder how serious they are.

#3 Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:56 AM

I think only at night they are serious. Most of the touring is all jokey. I loved the Australia episode where he just parked near a brush fire and was staring at the camera and was like "there's a fire right there...ah...shouldn't we tell someone..or something...?"
My Signature
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

#4 Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

It's a good show as far as I am concerned.  Fun to watch, and I loves me some cryptids.  cool.gif

#5 Gooz

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:10 PM

I like it too. I think they're all nuts, but very entertaining.

(Hey! Where did my picture go?  ermm.gif )

Edited by Gooz, 09 September 2009 - 01:12 PM.

#6 Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

I find it an entertaining show also. I guess for me it would be a guilty pleasure?

#7 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:06 PM

I love that show and watched it tonight. I cant believe the roof blew off the airplane AND they had deadly massive spiders all over the place. Josh is just funny under any circumstance. He also guess starred on TAPS, and he was the only one that seemed to be into it.
My Signature
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#8 ~=IKON=~

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:05 PM

Tonights episode was the first one I watched and it was better than TAPS!  LOL  Very interesting with the guy that pretty much was lifted from his spot and landed some ways away.  Then the scratches on the arm.  And all those remains they found.  Great show though I wished there was some more input for the places they go or some more evaluation.

The roof blowing off the plane was fail.  Poor pilot though.  How embarrassing and probably a huge loss considering it looked like a poor village and that plane was pretty old.  I'm sure that poor dude was not wanting that to happen.  

My Signature
Ghost Investigator: 1994-Present
One day your life will flash before your eyes.  Make sure it's worth watching.
If something is 99% impossible, there is that 1% chance it could happen.
If you wake up in the morning and you feel no pain, you probably died sometime in the night

#9 Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:19 AM

ACK!!  I forgot to set my DVR yesterday.  I also really enjoy the show.  I think they are serious, but don't take themselves too seriously, they like to have fun.

Luckily for my SyFy replays most of their shows.
My Signature
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#10 Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:18 AM

I though it was funny he hijackedd the Mr Potato head float and the guy on the float said he was from the Batman movies! HAHAHA!

And then that small gay pride parade they stumbled upon...Oh man that was funny... I don't know what would cause a person to get dragged back like that guy did but what was interesting was when he said he felt wind blow down on him from above. And the camera looked like he got dragged by the arm. I thought thunderbird at first until it showed the scratches were on the other arm.
My Signature

#11 ~=IKON=~

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(Sly-Spectre @ Sep 10 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought thunderbird at first until it showed the scratches were on the other arm.

It was really strange.  Also with the EVPs of women giggling and talking.  And it being a circle of nothing growing in it.  The first thing that came to mind was witches.  But do they even exist?  It was pretty weird though for the little bit they showed.
My Signature
Ghost Investigator: 1994-Present
One day your life will flash before your eyes.  Make sure it's worth watching.
If something is 99% impossible, there is that 1% chance it could happen.
If you wake up in the morning and you feel no pain, you probably died sometime in the night

#12 Qryche33

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Interests:Ghosthunting, fishing, watching reality tv.

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

IKON, I agree, it was better than Ghost Hunters!  I loved it when the dude flew away from the fire, it creeped me out!
My Signature
user posted image

#13 trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,564 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:28 PM

Dang I missed it.

THough it seems to me that there's just as much of the remote cultures playing, "Let's send the Americans on a Snipe Hunt."

My Signature

#14 Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE(trin @ Sep 10 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dang I missed it.

THough it seems to me that there's just as much of the remote cultures playing, "Let's send the Americans on a Snipe Hunt."

If ever missed... either Hulu.com (best quality) or surfthechannel.com (quality varies)
My Signature

#15 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:28 PM

Josh is hilarious and always seems to have a joke at the right moment. However he does get concerned and serious especially at night. The guy being pulled or whatever happened, was shocking and we could see it too. It happened SO fast as well. I felt bad that he got scratched and vomited, so seems something messed with him in an instant. I still cant get those massive spiders out of my head, and the 4x4 jokes made me actually laugh out loud. I wasnt inpressed with Jay or Grant going over their evidence, but the EVP's were really strange plus we could hear them too. Creepy place, fun show!! good.gif
My Signature

#16 Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:10 AM

Episode 2 was really cool! That island littered with decrepit dolls was crazy! If I was there and I saw one of the dolls eye open automatically like that I would SWIM back to Mexico City. BLEEP that BLEEP!
My Signature

#17 equus6

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:46 AM

Yeah, the doll island show was great! I would have lost it before stepping foot on the island though. I can't stand dolls!!! BTW, Josh Gates is SO hot!!!!
My Signature
Don't worry about the people in your past. There is a reason they didn't make it to your future....

#18 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(equus6 @ Sep 18 2009, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the doll island show was great! I would have lost it before stepping foot on the island though. I can't stand dolls!!! BTW, Josh Gates is SO hot!!!!

I wouldn't spend one minute alone with those dolls, and yes he is HOT! th_sarcastic_blum.gif
My Signature

#19 Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:21 AM

I think that Jael chick is really cute in a girl next door kinda way. I think her and Josh work well together and  I liked his joke when he was sending her into the blue hole and she complained "How am I supposed to take my clothes off with all these guys watching me!?" and he replies "Very slow and with Barry White in the background..."

Classic...

And yes, dolls are the creepies...ESPECIALLY PORCELAIN DOLLS!!!
My Signature

#20 HocusPocus

ghost@ghost.com

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, music, tv, reading ghost stories, real life mysteries.

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:03 PM

I watched that last 2 shows and I think I will be watching more of this show.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com