98 replies to this topic

#21 SarahB1863

SarahB1863

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

The Tulip Staircase ghost is a creepy image, but it's never looked like a photo to me. It looks more like a painting. Maybe because nothing in the photo is very sharply defined.

#22 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

Most DEFINITELY agree with those who say there are at least two beings in the Tulip Staircase photo.  I don't know that I see the face of the entity who is first in line as Spukikitty pointend out, but the two left thumbs statement is right on the money.  

As far as the monk picture goes, the more I look at that alleged face, now the eyes, to me, appear to be part of the carving on the wall.  Look at the eyes.  You can see light reflecting off the rounded carving, and whatever the white thing is (cloth?) is draped around the round things, making them look like eyes.  In any of the photos that have been posted of alleged ghosts there is no light reflecting in the eyes, at least not that I can remember.  The closest thing would be the Amityville kid, and his eyes are COMPLETELY white.  These two "eyes" simply have a tiny little glint of white in them, just like anything round does when light reflects off it in a photo.  All the other alleged ghost eyes that have ever been posted have had that dead, lifeless look to them, IMO.

#23 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

I had already grasped the fact that the upper hand didn't belong to the "monk" below, Snowlord brings up good points. We would need to know a lot about how the shot was takren, light meter settings, f-stops, flash/no flash, focal length, type of negitive (film or the old glass ones), etc. to really judge this as possibly paranormal, or just a bad picture. I do like thinking this one could be genuine..
Who you gonna call?

#24 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

Here is a very contradictory case, Borley Rectory. I mean, this has to be total bushwa, right? Or is it somehow very, very real. If you don’t know the story, look it up. Review all the pictures. Here’s a good place to start.

http://www.prairiegh...m/brectory.html

Make your own conclusion.

Posted Image

Edited by MortimerGraves, 10 March 2013 - 03:08 AM.

Who you gonna call?

#25 platinumblue

platinumblue

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Good music, good food and good friends, chatting to like minded people about life/love/everything else, with a good dose of the paranormal.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Nice interpretations of the THE TULIP STAIRCASE @SpukiKitty!

Regarding the hooded "monk" in Newby Church:

View PostJudecat, on 05 March 2013 - 05:32 AM, said:

Basically there is absolutely no reason for there to be a monk on that site, either alive or dead.

Yup!  Adds to this:

View PostEctoplazzum, on 04 March 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

...   A monk, of all people, would have been, or SHOULD have been, one of the people on the planet who would have pretty much been assured a quick trip to heaven.  So it makes little sense to me that this one is an earthbound spirit with a face that doesn't look like a human face would ever look.  I could even understand if he had been an UGLY monk!  ....

(that last bit cracked me up! ) Which in turn builds on this:

View PostSpukiKitty, on 05 March 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

Perhaps the weird shrouded figure isn't a monk....IF it's real, it could be a negative enity, it could be an ancient pagan priest figure from WAY long ago (A Druid?)...who knows?

That made sense to me as well.  If I assume that this image is real and being somewhat on the religious side of things; my other dilemma is that if this is not something earthbound (could be a grim reaper? or, a demon? angel of death? or some other entity?)  Why the hell was it able to be on holy ground and in a church?!

The exact pic posted always bothered me too.  Why did it seem that although the reverand was supposedly taking a picture of the altar, why did he focus the shot in such a way as to leave space on the right?  Kinda like, oh yeah so take it a little to the left because remember, we are adding something later on the right.  Google helped me out here and this is the full image (so he DID focus on the altar) This could perhaps also help with the cloth dilemma, in a way..

Posted Image

For a moment I accepted the idea of it being "real" and started to look for creatures with similar heights. This made the most sense: "Abbadon, Demon of the Abyss (Greater Demon)...... It has taloned fingers and is at least 9 feet tall. It has empty eye sockets, smells bad and has 2 rows of jagged glass-sharp teeth. Its hide is grey with things seemingly crawling inside of it. ... It has hands and a misshapen head. "
Source

View PostMortimerGraves, on 02 March 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Notice the shadow forming the lower robe is in front of the steps. However, it passes behind the railing. The effect of the arms is paterned decorations on the wall.

I thought the same, then I had a closer look.  What appears to be only one rail, is in fact multiple rails: (it's our limited angle that's causing our issue with depth-perception)

Posted Image

This is all fun and entertaining, but it could also be a trivial pursuit due the possibility of being a complete hoax.

The Borley Rectory case is very interesting @MortimerGraves!  I like the way the investigator went about it, hiring 40 people to "camp out", hehe.

Another "oldie"

Background: Picture was taken in 1959.  A Lady was taking photos of her (recently buried) mother's grave.  When returning to the car she took a snap of her husband who was waiting for her in the car.  Only when the photo was developed they noticed the person sitting in the car with the husband.  The lady quickly identified the person as her dead mother.  Again, "experts" claim that it wasn't double exposure.

Posted Image

Triangle Paranormal Investigators - ...the hunt for the afterlife

#26 valpro99

valpro99

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Full time UNIX Admin for Wall Street Firm and part time UH-60 Blackhawk pilot for New Jersey Army National Guard. Deployed to Iraq.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hooded monk spectre of Newby Church comment:  If it is supposed to be of the alter then why is it not centered?  If it was then you couldn't impose the image of the monk.  Fake... along with all the rest.

#27 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

View Postvalpro99, on 06 March 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Hooded monk spectre of Newby Church comment:  If it is supposed to be of the alter then why is it not centered?  If it was then you couldn't impose the image of the monk.  Fake... along with all the rest.

It was centered. Platumblue explained it in the post just before yours.

The exact pic posted always bothered me too.  Why did it seem that although the reverand was supposedly taking a picture of the altar, why did he focus the shot in such a way as to leave space on the right?  Kinda like, oh yeah so take it a little to the left because remember, we are adding something later on the right.  Google helped me out here and this is the full image (so he DID focus on the altar) This could perhaps also help with the cloth dilemma, in a way..

As for the folks thinking the face might be a cloth, I personally just don't see it. First off, the cloth is very translucent. Second, why would there be a gauzy, see-through cloth several feet up in the back window? It's so random. There isn't one on the left side. The cloth looks sort of "unreal".

Fakery? Ghost Druid? Evil Entity? The Grim Reaper? Deformed Medieval Acromegaly Sufferer? Ancient Monk? Paredolia? Who knows? Someone should talk to the Pastor who took the photo & if he's deceased, someone very close to him.

Edited by SpukiKitty, 06 March 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#28 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Platinumblue's statement about the multiple rails makes sense.  It does, indeed, appear that there is a recessed rail in the middle flanked by two rails forward of it that slightly overlap the ends of the back rail, making it appear that it is all one rail.  

The description of Abaddon certainly does fit the entity in the photo, however what on earth would a demon (and a well-known, greater demon at that!) be doing inside a church?!?  That part doesn't make a lick of sense, and if it IS in there and it IS the demon in the photo, well then boy howdy, it certainly makes one wonder about how effective the Church is when it comes to controlling such evil.  I mean jeez!  We call upon the Church to do exorcisms and banish such things and here's one standing ON AN ALTAR basically going "neener neener, here I am!" and hamming for the camera.  Things that make you go hmmm...

On to the photo of Mom in the back seat...  I have always kind of been on the fence about this one.  While it LOOKS like it could be real, I never thought that the person or ghost in the back seat looked much at all like a woman.  They also look very solid to me, much more like a fleshie than a ghost, although people HAVE reported seeing ghosts who were so solid that they thought they were living people.  The being obviously has glasses on.  IF it's a ghost, would a ghost's glasses reflect light and show the lenses as white in a photo?  Because I don't see how they could.  For a reflection to happen, wouldn't there actually have to be glass THERE in the first place?

#29 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostEctoplazzum, on 06 March 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

Platinumblue's statement about the multiple rails makes sense.  It does, indeed, appear that there is a recessed rail in the middle flanked by two rails forward of it that slightly overlap the ends of the back rail, making it appear that it is all one rail.  

The description of Abaddon certainly does fit the entity in the photo, however what on earth would a demon (and a well-known, greater demon at that!) be doing inside a church?!?  That part doesn't make a lick of sense, and if it IS in there and it IS the demon in the photo, well then boy howdy, it certainly makes one wonder about how effective the Church is when it comes to controlling such evil.  I mean jeez!  We call upon the Church to do exorcisms and banish such things and here's one standing ON AN ALTAR basically going "neener neener, here I am!" and hamming for the camera.  Things that make you go hmmm...

On to the photo of Mom in the back seat...  I have always kind of been on the fence about this one.  While it LOOKS like it could be real, I never thought that the person or ghost in the back seat looked much at all like a woman.  They also look very solid to me, much more like a fleshie than a ghost, although people HAVE reported seeing ghosts who were so solid that they thought they were living people.  The being obviously has glasses on.  IF it's a ghost, would a ghost's glasses reflect light and show the lenses as white in a photo?  Because I don't see how they could.  For a reflection to happen, wouldn't there actually have to be glass THERE in the first place?

If the church spook is real & a malefic enity, maybe it's pretending to be Abaddon, why'know, to mess with religious folk's head. Concerning the church spook & deceased mom-spook's glasses, again, I figure there's no hard or fast rules in regards to a ghostie materializing. If they're good at it, they can do anything. They can be oddly-proportioned, pretend to be Biblical devil characters, vary in height, have glowing eyes, look like living fleshy people, appear as mists, lights...or rather solid-looking older women in nice big eyeglasses & a nice white scarf.

Edited by SpukiKitty, 07 March 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#30 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Found another shot of it ... slightly better quality, but a different crop. Someone pointed out that the cushion on the bottom right had been moved further to the right than it should be as other photos showed it sitting where the "ghost's" feet are, which was it's proper place. This was possibly to make room for the fake ghost to be put in. Also the church was not supposed to be old enough to be haunted by these types of monk. I don't know much about that though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

I had forgotten about that '59 car ghost picture. When I saw it years ago I thought that there was no reason it couldn;t be a real person in the back seat. As Ectoplazzum pointed out, you can see they're wearing glasses.A poor qualiry photo a best.

Who you gonna call?

#32 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

Found this one on the web this morning. The Grey Lady of Senate House, London, England. No idea if we are to take it seriously or if it is just to promote a ghost walk. Enjoy:

Posted Image

Edited by MortimerGraves, 10 March 2013 - 03:07 AM.

Who you gonna call?

#33 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

View PostSnowlord, on 06 March 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

Found another shot of it ... slightly better quality, but a different crop. Someone pointed out that the cushion on the bottom right had been moved further to the right than it should be as other photos showed it sitting where the "ghost's" feet are, which was it's proper place. This was possibly to make room for the fake ghost to be put in. Also the church was not supposed to be old enough to be haunted by these types of monk. I don't know much about that though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hmmmmmmmmm.....the plot thickens! If it's a fake, I think I might know how the Pastor did it. Now, he said he was with a friend (keep that in mind). I think his friend put on this tall "ghoul/monk/thing" gettup, perhaps with a pole hold up a fake shrowded head mockup. The Pastor set the camera on a ludicrously slow speed. His friend, in the outfit, moved the cushion aside, stepped in the spot briefly, Pastor clicks the shutter, friend quickly moves out of the way...image shows up on both photo & negative, thus fooling both expert & average schmoe alike!

OBSERVE:

Posted Image

You guys think I'm on to something?

(Note: I misdrew the stick guy. He should be standing on the upper step between the railings.)

Edited by SpukiKitty, 07 March 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#34 mat k

mat k

EVP

• GS Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

View PostMortimerGraves, on 07 March 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

Found this one on the web this morning. The Grey Lady of Senate House, London, England. No idea if we are to take it seriously or if it is just to promote a ghost walk. Enjoy:

Posted Image

Reminds me of Morticia from the Adams family.

We Fall so we can pick ourselves up again

#35 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:06 AM

Back to the Monk picture, could the "shadow robe" on the steps be stain from a spilled liguid? (Circled in Red) That the shape "Monk" "Druid" "Devil" whatever really starts at the wall. (Marked in yellow)?

Posted Image

Edited by MortimerGraves, 10 March 2013 - 03:06 AM.

Who you gonna call?

#36 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

View PostMortimerGraves, on 07 March 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

Posted Image

Ooooh, I love it!  Something tells me that this is a fabricated photo, but whatever it is, it looks awesome.  I think it looks like a nun -- black dress (habit), large white collar, and veil (I forget what a nun's headscarf is actually called, lol).

#37 Sinohmi

Sinohmi

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Looks like Cthulhu in a robe http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

#38 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Anyone else seeing the photobucket error on Mortimer's posts?  Keeps saying you've moved or deleted the image.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#39 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostSafire973GStudy, on 09 March 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Anyone else seeing the photobucket error on Mortimer's posts?  Keeps saying you've moved or deleted the image.

He should find a way to fix that. That happens when you move Photobucket photos around. The Photobucket folks should find a way to prevent that. It's really annoying.

#40 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

I'm getting the same thing.  Can't see Mortimer's photos any more.