Ghost In My Jeep?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Runewolf1973

Runewolf1973

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Jeeps, outdoors, paranormal stuff and unsolved mysteries.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

Hello. I'm new to this forum and I wanted to share with you all a picture I took of my jeep.  I took this picture back in April of 2012 on a Sony digital camera. I have the original picture still on the camera with all the properties/Exif information. There is what looks like a skull face (very defined) in the passenger corner of the windshield. There was no one in my jeep at the time and I was the only person around. I took several pictures of my jeep that same day and all the reflections looked like reflections. This seemed rather different...and creepy.

Please tell me what you think...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Runewolf1973, 26 November 2013 - 07:06 AM.

#2 Dazzled Dad

Dazzled Dad

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:04 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if it was this thing...

Edited by Dazzled Dad, 26 November 2013 - 04:29 AM.

#3 Runewolf1973

Runewolf1973

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:29 AM

View PostDazzled Dad, on 26 November 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

It wouldn't surprise me if it was this thing...

You know I hadn't thought of that and that's an interesting idea. I don't know though...that skull is just too well defined. It doesn't look like a reflection of something that obvious. It looks like the Grim Reaper took the backseat, lol.

I'm not saying that it's not possible, but I just figure when looking at it really close, it should be more obvious what is is you are really looking at. Usually with pareidolia, when you look really close at an image, it becomes obvious what you are actually looking at. With this image, the closer you look at it, the more it just looks like a skull face.

Edited by Runewolf1973, 26 November 2013 - 04:41 AM.

#4 Runewolf1973

Runewolf1973

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

I just realized something else...

My Jeep is an '09 Rubicon. It does not have the same shiny surfaced instruments like the newer models. Mine are all flat black and non-reflective.

#5 Dazzled Dad

Dazzled Dad

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:18 AM

Objects photographed behind glass, especially windshields, very often are not what they appear to be. Windshields are made of safety glass, most of them are tinted which add to the effect.

#6 Dazzled Dad

Dazzled Dad

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

View PostRunewolf1973, on 26 November 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

I just realized something else...

My Jeep is an '09 Rubicon. It does not have the same shiny surfaced instruments like the newer models. Mine are all flat black and non-reflective.

Like the ones in the red Jeep?

#7 Runewolf1973

Runewolf1973

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

They are not shiny like the ones in the red jeep.

#8 crystal

crystal

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, supernatural, reading, music, writing, drawing =)

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

Could we get some pics from the inside?
To die will be an awfully big adventure.
J.M. BARRIE, Peter Pan

#9 Runewolf1973

Runewolf1973

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:38 AM

For sure, here is a pic that I snapped actually a few seconds prior to that other one with the face in it. This one is from an angle where you can see into the jeep. The time on both pictures read 3:21 pm.

Posted Image

I put the full size pictures into my opening post so it's easier to look at.

Edited by Runewolf1973, 26 November 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#10 Dazzled Dad

Dazzled Dad

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

View PostRunewolf1973, on 26 November 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

My Jeep is an '09 Rubicon.

Since you own the Jeep, I suggest you go out and take some more pictures from the same angle but with different light. In your first photo the roof's shadow was over the dashboard, making it too dark to distinguish anything.

#11 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

Dazzled Dad has got it right. Googling pictures of these Jeeps shows many different versions of this effect. Flat black still reflects light, and the light looks pretty strong in those images. Runewolf, you have just managed to get a "perfect storm", so to speak, of conditions to get an image that appears like this.

Here are some other examples I found of this Jeep giving effects with this corner lump on the dashboard. Yours just happens to be the best one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Runewolf1973

Runewolf1973

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

If anyone is interested in a closer look at the original, I would be happy to send it as an email. The picture on the forum just does not do justice to the original for some reason in which you can see much more detail. You can see the skull features very clearly and you can even see the white of the eye and the pupil.

Here's some different pics I had on hand...All the reflections look like reflections.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Runewolf1973, 26 November 2013 - 07:04 AM.

#13 Runewolf1973

Runewolf1973

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

Honestly, looks nothing like the "lump", which would in fact be the speaker on the dash. Not even remotely.

I really would like you guys to see the original, full-sized picture that you can actually zoom into and get a better look.

Here's another one...

Posted Image

Edited by Runewolf1973, 26 November 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#14 Dazzled Dad

Dazzled Dad

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

You appear to be disappointed. Most people I know would be relieved if their car wasn't haunted by a miniature skull-looking demon.

#15 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

View PostRunewolf1973, on 26 November 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

... Honestly, looks nothing like the "lump", which would in fact be the speaker on the dash. Not even remotely ...

Come on ... it's the same size ... it's the same shape ... it's the same color ... it's in the same spot as the speaker lump. And in all the shots you have posted there are dark areas where the "eyes"  would be on the back of the speaker lumps. How much more do you need to accept that some pareidolia is causing the rest?

Edited by Snowlord, 26 November 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#16 Runewolf1973

Runewolf1973

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostSnowlord, on 26 November 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

Come on ... it's the same size ... it's the same shape ... it's the same color ... it's in the same spot as the speaker lump. And in all the shots you have posted there are dark areas where the "eyes"  would be on the back of the speaker lumps. How much more do you need to accept that some pareidolia is causing the rest?

Based on the angle at which I took that picture, if that were the speaker, then it is too large and in the wrong spot. I think next year I will go to the same location same time and try to duplicate this.

View PostDazzled Dad, on 26 November 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

You appear to be disappointed. Most people I know would be relieved if their car wasn't haunted by a miniature skull-looking demon.

Even if it were paranormal, which is unlikely but still possible, it really wouldn't bother me. I think it's a pretty cool picture either way, paranormal or not.

Edited by Runewolf1973, 26 November 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#17 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:20 AM

View PostRunewolf1973, on 26 November 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

... Based on the angle at which I took that picture, if that were the speaker, then it is too large and in the wrong spot ...  

Don't forget to take into account the refractive properties of the windshield. That will cause some displacement, and will stretch the image longitudinally somewhat.

And yes ... it is definitely a cool picture either way.

#18 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostRunewolf1973, on 26 November 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

Even if it were paranormal, which is unlikely but still possible, it really wouldn't bother me. I think it's a pretty cool picture either way, paranormal or not.

Hey, how cool do you think it would be if something moved in and severely messed with your life?

#19 Runewolf1973

Runewolf1973

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostCDS, on 26 November 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

Hey, how cool do you think it would be if something moved in and severely messed with your life?

I think everyone should experience paranormal phenomena like this at least once in their life. There would probably be a lot fewer skeptics in the world if that were to happen. ;)

#20 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

Hello All,

I have edited this thread to remove all the off-topic remarks that did not help move this thread along.
This thread is about  the pictures the OP posted and the replies that people have posted that are CONSTRUCTIVE! There is no need for snide comments in reply to another member posts.

I am speaking specifically to a few members that I have noticed lately that seem to deem it necessary to take shots at other members with snarky or rude comments. I will not allow that here... Perhaps some people should remember that if you don't have anything nice to say, it's probably better to say nothing at all..

Should anyone wish to discuss this further, you can feel free to PM me.

Now, let's get back to the topic on-hand..the miniature skull demon that may or may not be haunting Runewolf1973's Jeep! ;)