74 replies to this topic

#1 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:35 AM

I usually don't post pics here anymore for fear of a rush to judgement. But I have been curious about this photo
and I thought I would ask for your thoughts. This is not a trick, I really need your help with this one. ......Be gentle.  ; )

There's obviously some motion blur, two women, a toddler And perhaps a ghost.... thoughts?

Posted Image

#2 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:40 AM

Very strange picture... Large rag doll, maybe? The face does look doll like. Number one rule: Unless you can 100% dismiss something, dismiss nothing. Give your opinion with grace and let go

God Bless
Graves
Who you gonna call?

#3 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:20 AM

It looks like they're opening gifts.  There is a gift bag next to the mom which probably had tissue paper in it.  I bet the baby (or possibly the lady)  is holding the tissue paper in his hand, waving it back and forth causing the motion blur and making the tissue paper look transparent.

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,441 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:10 AM

What Lorac said. I guess the question is, is there any reason to think it's anything else than motion blur?
Posted Image

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf (Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:03 AM

I'm not sure about this pic. I've upped the contrast, to accentuate the anomaly, also I inverted the colors in the other. Maybe this will help?

Posted Image

Posted Image

It looks like the 'ghost', has an article of clothing with a collar.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:31 AM

Perhaps the child was in motion just as the photo was snapped.

#7 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:57 PM

I appreciate your words, thanks MortimerGraves

McC... the first enhancement helps a lot... thanks!

So it looks like most of you are ignoring the head. Are we not counting that?

Vlawde.... I did make reference to the motion blur at the beginning. That's not why I posted the photo.

#8 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:14 PM

There seems to be no evident signs of what may had the caused, of what appears to be perhaps motion blur. I find this image quite odd, as the apparent Ghost(?) resembles a vintage Rag Dolls head.

I am really not sure about this one, and perhaps it may end up being explainable, but there's maybe a slim chance that it may NOT.

#9 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:25 PM

The thing I find odd is that the head doesn't seem to have a body beyond the shoulders.
And there seems to be an outstretched arm and hand extending to the baby's face from the face.

Posted Image

#10 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,441 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:37 PM

Oh, you're looking in the moving wrapping? Don't kill me, but it looks like it could have been drawn on. It looks flat and like it's on the surface of the image, where everything else appears to have dimension
Posted Image

#11 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:37 PM

I agree, this image certainly does have a few oddities, which perhaps are difficult to be explained, Jim

#12 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

I saw it and said that perhaps the child was in motion as the photo was snapped.

If the child was moving it could cause distortion and transparency.

#13 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

Lorac... even though I think it's a bit of a stretch, I think your theory makes the most sense so far.  ;)

#14 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:03 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 25 July 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

Oh, you're looking in the moving wrapping? Don't kill me, but it looks like it could have been drawn on. It looks flat and like it's on the surface of the image, where everything else appears to have dimension

Are there any software out there that can allow you to draw in such way, Vlawde?

Edited by Hudds, 25 July 2016 - 03:07 PM.

#15 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,441 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:09 PM

Sure..photoshop and other similar programs
Posted Image

#16 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:20 PM

Interesting, I will check out the capabilities of such software. I never really delved much into visual editors, as my expertise are mainly with audio.

#17 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,588 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:20 PM

Wow, that's a detailed face!  I don't know....  I would say something is there, but I don't know how to explain it...

View Postlorac61469, on 25 July 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

I saw it and said that perhaps the child was in motion as the photo was snapped.

If the child was moving it could cause distortion and transparency.

Very good point, lorac!
Posted Image

#18 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:03 PM

Wow that is an interesting capture! I see the face clear as day and I can't really think of an explanation with the visuals we've got in the picture. Is there a shot close to the time this one was taken - before or after - in the same/similar position without the blur? I can't see it as a gift bag so I'm interested to see what's in that space without the blur.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#19 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:28 AM

That is definitely a strange looking picture.. it looks like a cartoonish baby face to me. The "eyes" really look kinda dead though, so there's that, which is totally not creepy at all. :whistling: If it is something not manipulated or not completely due to motion blur, then I do suppose it's possible there's something else there. I'm having all sorts of thoughts running through my head, but without knowing and seeing more to the story, there's really no way to make any sort of further determination from my limited skill set. Cool looking picture regardless, thanks for sharing it, Jim.

Edited by Roxstar, 26 July 2016 - 05:29 AM.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#20 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:57 AM

I received the picture about a a year and a half ago. I guess I didn't think much of it at the time and there wasn't much detail in the email. So, I didn't bother writing back for more information, which I now regret. But after a review of it recently, I can't seem to explain it away. The extra element of the head makes it quite fascinating to me. I guess my reluctance for publishing back then was the motion. But I do plan on publishing it after redesigning Ghoststudy.com. Then let the viewers decide for themselves.

Thanks for your comments, Roxstar.