26 replies to this topic

#21 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:21 PM

You are talking about confronting it directly, something I would never do. Good luck to you.
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#22 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:04 AM

When I got home this past Tuesday, my wife told me that my dog was acting odd or maybe even hurt and would not lay down on the dog pillows.  That he (axle) would prefer to go lay down in his kennel.  Once I was home, he would stay by my side.  He seemed fine now that I was home.  But, he was clingy in needing to be near me.

I was thinking about it yesterday and took a look at my journal.  Tuesday was the 21st since the last occurrence.  My wife and I talked yesterday and she nor I saw or experienced anything that day.  The only exception is how my dog is acting.

The only other thing I can add is that every night before I go to bed, I go to the garage and have a cigarette.  Axle gets to comes with me as a sort of treat.  He doesn't really get a food treat.  He just gets to come with me and chill.  Last night when we did this, he laid down on the floor behind my stool.  This again is not unusual.  He would always wait for the stool to make a sliding sound that I was done and he would get up and walk to the door ahead of me.  Axle did not get up when I slid the stool back when I was done smoking.  I was to the door and turned back to look for him.  He was still laying down with his hear on the floor with his eyes just watching me.  I called him to come on.  He did so in a not so much of a hurry.  Once we got into the house, he trotted straight to his kennel.

Some odd behavior that coincides with the date of the 21 day cycle.  Nothing else noticed...
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#23 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:59 AM

Animals are rather sensitive, so, it is strange that axle was acting odd and being it is the 21-day cycle makes it even stranger :yes:

Thanks for the update :fright:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#24 True North

True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 234 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:39 AM

Noteworthy behavior. Is Axle behaving normally again or is he still avoiding the dog pillows / being clingy / seeming reluctant to go back in the house / opting to lay down in his kennel?

#25 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:20 AM

I'll let y'all know tomorrow how he is acting when I get home today.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#26 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:06 PM

Can't wait Posted Image Is Axle's kennel in the house?
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#27 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:11 AM

Axle was back to his normal self when I got home yesterday.  Our dogs kennels are off to the side of our entrance way.  He and I had our normal trip to the garage later last night.  He was back to normal in all ways.  I am glad for that!
Life is short, enjoy it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users