Free Skins
© Fisana

More Problems/aggravation With Uploading Flip Phone Recordings!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kathy

Kathy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:My Bird, Zombie Shows, Cooking and The Paranormal

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

I've searched and called everywhere about what to do about this!   I'm not very computer savvy whatsoever!   I took my phone to the Walmart and Target electronics departments!  I've called Consumer Cellular and even called the company that supposedly made my phone but no one seems to have an exact, direct, answer as to whether their instructions will actually work!  I am determined to beat this problem and I thank the ones who tried to help me on here with directions also!  I will look over them again but as of right now it's a lot that I don't understand right now but will keep trying!

Edited by Kathy, 18 January 2017 - 11:02 AM.

#2 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,825 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

Hello Kathy :)

The only thing I would recommend is plugging your phone via USB cable into your laptop or computer tower, then go into "My Computer" or "Computer" (depending on your operating system), and you should see the name of your phone, whatever that may be.  Double click that icon that has the name of your phone on it, and all your files should pop up.  When you see the video you want to upload, start a new topic on the appropriate forum on here, then go to "more reply options".  There, you will see a "Choose File" tab.  When you press that, a box will pop up.  Find the "My Computer" or "Computer" icon either by double- clicking the "Desktop" icon or searching for it in the box.  Either way, you should find the icon that has the name of your phone where your phone files are.  Double click the file you want to upload.  After you do that, the file name will be right next to the "Choose File" tab.  Click the "Attach File" tab right under it, and then after a couple seconds, it should be attached.

Hopefully this helps!

Posted Image

"Somehow through it all...  We carry on...

Raise you up when you fall...  We carry on...

Bury the past...  Wounds remain...  Through it all...  A desire to live again"

#3 siguie

siguie

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

Are you talking video or audio? If it's audio you can plug a dual cable into the earphone jack and the other end into the record slot of your computer :yes:

Otherwise you might try attaching the file to an email 'cuz I know those old phones were a little wonky :(
- siguie -

#4 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:57 PM

You may try texting the files to your email address. I have Verizon and that works(unless the file is to large)

Or you can find a power cable that has a usb end and connect it to a computer via usb. the computer may try to open itunes if it's loaded. just close it.

And as Nightwalker said, browse to the phone and look for the files... The problem is the files and directories may have hashed names, a mix of alpha-numeric chars.

audio files on a phone may end in various extentions depending on the quality setting such as

WAV

AIFF FLAC (typical) MP3 (320Kbps) MP3 (192Kbps)

3GP and various other extentions.

If I knew what kind of phone you're working with I maybe able to help more...

#5 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:30 PM

Phone mfg, model and applications used please. CDS is spot on. This will give us a starting point.

#6 siguie

siguie

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:03 PM

The problem is the old flip phones didn't allow for usb data transfers they were strictly for charging, most didn't even have wifi connectivity so you had to use mobile data options. Even the "new" ones mostly go with sd card manual transfers. :(

Edited by siguie, 18 January 2017 - 09:08 PM.

- siguie -

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Doppelganger

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

WAAAAAAY above my understanding too, so will leave it to you guys :good: Good luck with the uploads Kathy :yes:
Posted Image

#8 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

Easiest solution

#9 Kathy

Kathy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 18 January 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

WAAAAAAY above my understanding too, so will leave it to you guys :good: Good luck with the uploads Kathy :yes:

Thank you!    :)

#10 Kathy

Kathy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:36 PM

View PostCDS, on 18 January 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

You may try texting the files to your email address. I have Verizon and that works(unless the file is to large)

Or you can find a power cable that has a usb end and connect it to a computer via usb. the computer may try to open itunes if it's loaded. just close it.

And as Nightwalker said, browse to the phone and look for the files... The problem is the files and directories may have hashed names, a mix of alpha-numeric chars.

audio files on a phone may end in various extentions depending on the quality setting such as

WAV

AIFF FLAC (typical) MP3 (320Kbps) MP3 (192Kbps)

3GP and various other extentions.

If I knew what kind of phone you're working with I maybe able to help more...

Okay here goes.    "Consumer Cellular   PhoneEasy.  626".

#11 Kathy

Kathy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:03 PM

View Postsiguie, on 18 January 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

Are you talking video or audio? If it's audio you can plug a dual cable into the earphone jack and the other end into the record slot of your computer :yes:

Otherwise you might try attaching the file to an email 'cuz I know those old phones were a little wonky :(

Even though I was just using the recorder, unfortunately it's video with sound (recorder).   What I really should've done was put tape or something over the lens so it would'nt have shown video because all it shows is the living room bouncing around because for some stupid reason I thought I could get clearer recordings by turning the phone!   "LOL"

#12 siguie

siguie

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:22 AM

Oh that's fine, if the phone can play the video and all you want is the soundy bits just take an auxiliary audio plug in cable and connect it to your phone and recording device of your choice :yes:
- siguie -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users