• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:38 PM

I'll keep this short for now...
We may lose this Paranormal forum and all it's content if we don't Act Quickly... please pay special attention to item No. 4

We have a chance to Finally make our Forum Community Stand Out. ......And have the Bells and Whistles to make it Really Shine!
And we just ask that Everyone be apart of the Changes.  :)

1. We need to Rename our Current Forum Topics and add new Relevant Topics as well. ...please help!

2. We'll be opening an Online Store... and we need Ideas of things to sell that can be sent out as digital attachments... please help!

3. We need Behind The Scenes help.... more on that forthcoming.

4. To Initiate this Plan and Move Forward we need to purchase and setup the new service through InvisionBoard... $360 year.
Click banner below for list of complete costs.

That will give us Our Forums, Store, Blogs, Photo Gallery, Calendar, Downloads Pages and so much more!
Check it out! .......Click Here

To do this, we need your monetary support... whatever you are able to give. After reaching our goal.... the changes happen right away!
Click Banner Below... or click here
Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#2 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,963 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:16 PM

Great idea! Just to clarify for folks, when I first glanced at this I thought it said you were looking for Aonation of 360$!

So any amount that you can afford goes towards the goal of $520.00, which is what is needed to run the forums with bells and whistles for a whole year.
Posted Image

#3 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Doppelganger

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:55 PM

We only need at least 50 people to donate $10.40 (USD), to make the goal of $520. If 50 people could donate $11 each, we'd make the $520 goal and have $30 in reserve.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Ahque Wunantash Paskoogan / Pio nabo nequt / Nees muttanonganog kah nequt (Do Not Thou Forget 9/11/2001)

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:01 PM

Vlawde, click on the GoFundMe link and you'll see the full summary concerning this request and the amount being asked, which is $520.
And guess what? We have already received a donation of $50. Thank goodness for that.  ;)

I hope and pray we can meet this goal and finally have the advantage of making this site what it was meant to be. And steer it away from troubled waters.

I'm not just talking to the active members here. I'm also talking to you that are reading this message right now as a guest. We need your help too!   ^_^
Posted Image

#5 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:24 PM

Done! Do we need to make this post part of our signatures to get the people looking?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#6 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,963 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:41 PM

I posted the "share on Facebook" link on GoFundMe, for those that do FB( I'm guessing 99.9% of folks do), please share on yours as well!
Posted Image

#7 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:52 PM

Yes... that's great for anyone that has an interest in saving this Forum...you are welcome and encouraged to get the word out. It would be much appreciated!

We now have $90 donated!   ^_^  Only $430 left to go!
Posted Image

#8 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Doppelganger

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:23 AM

I've shared it on Facebook and both of my Twitter accounts.

Ahque Wunantash Paskoogan / Pio nabo nequt / Nees muttanonganog kah nequt (Do Not Thou Forget 9/11/2001)

Posted Image

My Shop

#9 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:44 AM

That's great... thank you, MacC!   :)
Posted Image

#10 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Interests:Anything I find Bizarre, paranormal, drawing, coloring, chatting, games, listening about peoples lives, there's probably a bunch of other things that I can't think of at the moment.

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:59 AM

Can I ask what kind of an online store? Is it like Zazzle or Redbubble? If so, I can donate some of my time to create some logos and images for products. I actually do have some concepts I've been working on in my head for like bumper stickers and mugs and stuff.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#11 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 11 February 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

Can I ask what kind of an online store? Is it like Zazzle or Redbubble? If so, I can donate some of my time to create some logos and images for products. I actually do have some concepts I've been working on in my head for like bumper stickers and mugs and stuff.

Hi, Frootloops!
Not sure what will be sold exactly. But I am kind of leaning towards digital projects only. I hope to include some e-books that I will be writing.
-------->  You are welcome to submit your own proposals too!    Click Here
Posted Image

#12 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Interests:Anything I find Bizarre, paranormal, drawing, coloring, chatting, games, listening about peoples lives, there's probably a bunch of other things that I can't think of at the moment.

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:06 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 13 February 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

Hi, Frootloops!
Not sure what will be sold exactly. But I am kind of leaning towards digital projects only. I hope to include some e-books that I will be writing.
-------->  You are welcome to submit your own proposals too! Click Here

That's cool Jim :) Just thought I'd offer.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#13 Spiritsearching

Spiritsearching

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:41 AM

Hello. My name is Tristan and I have been a long time viewer on these boards. The stories always fascinate me and I love seeing peoples differing perceptions regarding photos, experiences etc. The only reason i have finally decided to sign up is because it is worrying me that these boards may go as I usually visit them every couple of days. I would love to make a donation towards the upkeep, however (and please understand me as I am certain that everything is very genuine so I apologise if it seems like I am questioning anybody) I have been unlucky enough to be on the receiving end of a couple of scams recently (on one website and also in my personal life) which of course has made me very wary as I do not have the money to just throw away. Would it be possible for you to send the information you have received regarding the costs of the boards/website going forward and I will then try and donate what I can. My email address is Thank you.

#14 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:32 AM

Sorry,  I edited out your email address. You can email Jim at jim@ghoststudy through any of the "email me"  links.   But,  really,  the pertinent information is in the gofundme link or you can inquire of the hosting site about the costs involved.

It's not a scam.   There are fees involved in hosting a forum like this and Jim,  for whatever reason that's not our business,  feels he can't afford it right now.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#15 Spiritsearching

Spiritsearching

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:31 AM

I am sorry Tantric KittenGStudy, as I said, I am not accusing anybody. As I said, I have been unlucky recently and along with my medical problems (including anxiety), just want to know what I would be donating against. That said, if you do not want to share the information with me then there would be no hard feeling on my part and will understand completely and wish you all the success in raising the money needed. You will have to excuse me as I am not computer literate in the slightest. Could you please tell me which hosting site to look at for more information and what to look for?

Why did you edit out my email address. I thought this would be helpful in case you needed to contact me regarding this?

#16 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:02 AM

It's an IPS community.   You can inquire through them about the costs involved in a fully functional forum platform.

It's not a matter of not wanting to tell you.   It's that the pertinent information is listed out clearly.   I do understand being leery.   But Jim isn't collecting for charity.   He's trying to raise the recently increased fees to continue running this forum in its present form (actually a better version).   The amount raised is transparent through gofundme. And,  yes,  we have to trust him to put that money into the forums but GS has been around many years.   It would be a really long,  unprofitable con for him to cut and run with a couple hundred bucks now.  

I edited out your email address because this is a public forum.   Literally anyone in the world can read it.   It's for your safety and privacy.   We've never allowed private email addresses to be posted in the forums. You can email Jim,  though,  with any questions you have.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#17 Spiritsearching

Spiritsearching

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:05 AM

I apologise but as I said, I am not technically minded so would not really know where to start. I also have not said anything about any cons or anything as I believe this to be genuine (why wouldnt it be?). I was trying to be helpful that is all as it would be a shame to see this website struggle. I apologise if I have taken up your time and thank you for your help.

#18 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:56 AM

I'm sorry you feel I've been yelling at you.   I've just been explaining what's going on and said that about it not being a con because that appears to be a concern for you.
Posted Image

#19 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Doppelganger

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:43 PM

View PostSpiritsearching, on 21 February 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

I apologise but as I said, I am not technically minded so would not really know where to start. I also have not said anything about any cons or anything as I believe this to be genuine (why wouldnt it be?). I was trying to be helpful that is all as it would be a shame to see this website struggle. I apologise if I have taken up your time and thank you for your help.

Here is how it breaks down, in Jim's own words:

As many of you know, Paranormalsoup.com has been on the web for a very long time. 14 years to be exact. And I have funded it's expenses for the entire time. But with rising costs it's becoming too difficult to continue. That of course, includes a monthly hosting fee and yearly domain charge.

But not only that, the Forum suite that offers this community for us has gone up in price from $100 a year to $360. So we have stopped paying for that service and as a consequence, we have lost our protection and services.

We would desperately like to pay that $360 right away to insure our existence for the coming year. As well as the typical expenses. And tack on the purchase of two new themes and a slight makeover. We can do all this for around $520 if we skimp, We feel this will make the difference that we need to continue. Then we'll be allowed to fully advertise and also be able open a storefront to fund the expenses from then on.

But in order to save the forums and its content we need to do this right now. We are presently unprotected from attack and the forums are literally crumbling around us. I am a voice from a sinking ship asking for your help.
25 K topics are at stake and a total of over 209 K posts.

Any additional funds will go towards extra bells and whistles to really make this site shine. But what we need right now is $520.

Posted Image

My Shop

#20 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:54 AM

I'm personally asking everyone to try to help the best you can.  I've been a fan of GhostStudy since 2003 when I stumbled upon the website looking for a good scare.  I would love for this forum to stay alive for a good long time.  Thank you :)

Posted Image

"Somehow through it all...  We carry on...

Raise you up when you fall...  We carry on...

Bury the past...  Wounds remain...  Through it all...  A desire to live again"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users