Free Skins
© Fisana

My Son's Bedroom Is Haunted...occasionally...?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Playing Celtic harp, sketching, reading bks of people in a mystical perspective(Abe Lincoln,Hildegard of Bingen,William B. Yeats,Nostrodomus-regular folks , living their beliefs), enjoy forests~

Posted 01 November 2016 - 12:58 PM

A year or two ago, my son was out and about(19yrs old), and a friend came over-of his, my son would be home soon.

It was late-ish, maybe 10p..the friend and my son texted and agreed the friend would go ahead and hang out in my son's room and listen to music etc till he got back.

The friend decided to nap-probably having little sleep the night before- it being the weekend. ...my son got home about 45 minutes later, and all the usual laughing and weekend sounds began-a normal and mellow weekend.

The next morning though- the friend said good morning w/me in the kitchen and mentioned how my sons room was haunted-and laughed! So of course I asked why he thought that...

I guess, he had the lights off while waiting for my son earlier when he'd got here; and was awake but just relaxing. He saw my son-and thought it weird he hadn't heard him or see him walk in the bdrm-and asked him why he was just standing next to him - without the usual 'Hello's & jokes'.

And since 'my son' didn't respond or move or turn a light on, the friend flicked on a lamp. But no one was there. The kid laughed, (at least he didn't freak out) that he had been joking with something...that hadn't been my son! My son got home with a few other friends and the night was usual-no other 'ghost person' showed up again. (That they noticed anyway!)The friend was lightedhearted of what he told me-but was certain he saw 'something', since he was joking and talking to 'it' before he realized it wasn't my son!

Huh, must have been a spirit that liked laughter and video games....
"..for those who believe, no words are necessary. For those who do not believe, no words are possible.."  (and that's ok!~)

#2 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:06 PM

It could have been a residual haunting.   He thought it was your son in your son's room.   It could have been your son's energy just asserting itself.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:58 PM

I'm thinking Tantric is correct...  Although, the mind can also play tricks.  I could have sworn one time my wife was in the kitchen a couple weeks ago on one occasion and she ended up being in the office instead.  I was in the front room and could have sworn I saw her walk into the kitchen.  Weirder stuff has happened.

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#4 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:50 PM

Maybe just a passing ghost/spirit. Any history of the house being haunted back then? or since?
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#5 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Playing Celtic harp, sketching, reading bks of people in a mystical perspective(Abe Lincoln,Hildegard of Bingen,William B. Yeats,Nostrodomus-regular folks , living their beliefs), enjoy forests~

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:03 AM

View PostTantric KittenGStudy, on 01 November 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

It could have been a residual haunting.   He thought it was your son in your son's room.   It could have been your son's energy just asserting itself.

True! My son is reallyyyy opposite my daughter as far as needing his 'quiet', his sanctuary-room. He is a music appreciator-as in we all; in our home are musicians...so he's been exposed to my Celtic harp playing, to black sabbath to peter gabriel to Bach to my bloody valentine etc-so his rm is a plethera of vinyls & his graphic work, and college studies. His presence is certainly imprinted in there!
"..for those who believe, no words are necessary. For those who do not believe, no words are possible.."  (and that's ok!~)

#6 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:20 AM

View PostNightWalkerGStudy, on 01 November 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

I'm thinking Tantric is correct...  Although, the mind can also play tricks.  I could have sworn one time my wife was in the kitchen a couple weeks ago on one occasion and she ended up being in the office instead.  I was in the front room and could have sworn I saw her walk into the kitchen.  Weirder stuff has happened.

And interesting you mention your experiences w/your wife etc~I mentioned my son is a very sensitive person who does for sure, need his space; his quiet. Yet though my daughter is similar in having to have 'down time' in her rm too- she is a bit more expressive...(she loves music too-but does sing and play guitar..compose songs; there is always music going on one way or another in our home!)...but She said to me recently-"mom I am super tired or nuts, but when eating cereal this morning, I wondered why a neighbor child in a fluffy dress was watching me eat?...like you let her in...but I looked straight at her, and she was gone..." (No nearby neighbors w/kiddos-mostly retired or  middle age folks)- so that is a '?' too. - yah......there have been some odd happenings off and on in this rent too~

#7 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:26 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 01 November 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

Maybe just a passing ghost/spirit. Any history of the house being haunted back then? or since?

We have been here about 4 yrs, and not that I know of. though, our home some blocks from here we had sold-was on Pomo land(not a reservation though) and there(which did have a lot of energetic/odd happenings a lot) I would find arrowheads and super old odd shaped nails in our yard...really, this house must have been at least land Native Americans roamed on too...hmm.

#8 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:52 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 01 November 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

Might have walked in with him, Jim.  I'm not talking attachments here, just a stray bored with nothing to do and so he followed your son's friend in.

They do that.  lol
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#9 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:56 PM

View PostMenet, on 02 November 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

Might have walked in with him, Jim.  I'm not talking attachments here, just a stray bored with nothing to do and so he followed your son's friend in.
They do that.  lol

We are in agreement.   ; )
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#10 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:27 PM

Thank you all for your input.~

#11 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:56 AM

This has happened to me twice both when I was young.

I must have been about 8 or so, it was 10 or 11 pm and I called my dad for a glass of water. He yelled that he'd be in in a minute. Then I heard what sounded like quacking sounds and then my dad walked into the room without the water and I could see right through him to my parents room. I hid under my covers.

The second time, I was a bit older and my sister and I were playing in the living room and mum was downstairs doing laundry (we saw her go down there and you could hear her banging around). Something caught my eye and I turned to look at the doorway between the living room and kitchen. There were two doorways and this one was rarely used so she had a plant hanging into it. My sister saw it too. My mum was standing in the doorway watering the plant. I said to my sister "do you see that?" She said yes. Then mum started walking up the stairs behind us and when we turned back to the door, it was gone. We told mum what happened and offhandedly she grinned and said it must have been a doppleganger.

Mum never believed in ghosts until way later so that was an odd thing for her to say.

We never saw it again. But there were lots of things that happened in the house even though it was built specifically for us so no one else had lived in it.

So its possible it was a doppleganger I guess. But it could have been astral projection, an energy echo or almost anything else.

#12 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:37 PM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 03 November 2016 - 06:56 AM, said:

This has happened to me twice both when I was young.

I must have been about 8 or so, it was 10 or 11 pm and I called my dad for a glass of water. He yelled that he'd be in in a minute. Then I heard what sounded like quacking sounds and then my dad walked into the room without the water and I could see right through him to my parents room. I hid under my covers.

The second time, I was a bit older and my sister and I were playing in the living room and mum was downstairs doing laundry (we saw her go down there and you could hear her banging around). Something caught my eye and I turned to look at the doorway between the living room and kitchen. There were two doorways and this one was rarely used so she had a plant hanging into it. My sister saw it too. My mum was standing in the doorway watering the plant. I said to my sister "do you see that?" She said yes. Then mum started walking up the stairs behind us and when we turned back to the door, it was gone. We told mum what happened and offhandedly she grinned and said it must have been a doppleganger.

Mum never believed in ghosts until way later so that was an odd thing for her to say.

We never saw it again. But there were lots of things that happened in the house even though it was built specifically for us so no one else had lived in it.

So its possible it was a doppleganger I guess. But it could have been astral projection, an energy echo or almost anything else.

Wow, those are vivid experiences!  It interesting to hear about 'doppleganger' things lately- since even though I have read books and taken classes (which required doing 'aura' readings on each other -us students, and the occasional person who didn't mind letting us practice with them! .....to me, aura is sort were spirits/souls will hang by someone...I was supposed to 'read' their aura color-not see someone's past on Gramma! ...strict class.."oops sorry your Gramma is next you but I am only supposed to tell you the color of your space(aura)"..LoL

...but my point is that I am hearing of doppleganger a lot suddenly! I should read up on it more!

.....when I think of it- I've had a time or two were in this house(not built for us, as our previous home had been), I have woke up in the night, and wondered why my son was sitting on the edge of the bed- perhaps emotional.....so I would wake all the way by sitting up , to ask if he was ok-but he would be 'gone'. Interesting- hadn't thought of an entity or perhaps him astral projecting(maybe even in his sleep)..because he was upset,but maybe felt embarrassed or reserved about telling me something? Huh.

Thank you for sharing your experiences! I appreciate them as they often serve to help me learn more of things - that I am unclear about ; )

#13 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:09 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 02 November 2016 - 01:56 PM, said:

We are in agreement.   ; )

Ha!!  I'm sure that you and I could find plenty to talk about.  :*)

View PostaisLinnZ, on 03 November 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:

Wow, those are vivid experiences!  It interesting to hear about 'doppleganger' things lately- since even though I have read books and taken classes (which required doing 'aura' readings on each other -us students, and the occasional person who didn't mind letting us practice with them! .....to me, aura is sort were spirits/souls will hang by someone...I was supposed to 'read' their aura color-not see someone's past on Gramma! ...strict class.."oops sorry your Gramma is next you but I am only supposed to tell you the color of your space(aura)"..LoL

...but my point is that I am hearing of doppleganger a lot suddenly! I should read up on it more!

.....when I think of it- I've had a time or two were in this house(not built for us, as our previous home had been), I have woke up in the night, and wondered why my son was sitting on the edge of the bed- perhaps emotional.....so I would wake all the way by sitting up , to ask if he was ok-but he would be 'gone'. Interesting- hadn't thought of an entity or perhaps him astral projecting(maybe even in his sleep)..because he was upset,but maybe felt embarrassed or reserved about telling me something? Huh.

Thank you for sharing your experiences! I appreciate them as they often serve to help me learn more of things - that I am unclear about ; )

You girls are so spiritual that I'm almost embarrassed by my heathenism.  lol  I find it interesting and can remember some details but basically I signed off on it along time ago.  I'm certainly not saying that there isn't a place for it and I was at one time a practioneer. (sp)  I've never come across a doppleganger, never seen a family member or close friend while they were living in the moment while they were far away (not in that respect) so it's difficult for me to imagine yet I cannot say it isn't possible.  Simply because a lot of occurrences are.

Just sayin', I enjoy reading what you have to say.
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#14 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

I don't know. I've heard people say dopplegangers are bad. Then again, I've heard the same about plain old ghosts. Whatever those spirits were, they never hurt me or my sister so I don't think they were evil. They seemed to just be doing what people do. I know I wasn't asleep or even close to it for either of those circumstances including the one where I asked for water (I was totally being a brat and didn't want to go to sleep so was finding ways to stay awake and keep myself entertained even if it meant bugging the living crud out of my parents. I nearly got spanked that night because I wouldn't go to sleep and kept harassing them).

#15 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:05 PM

View PostaisLinnZ, on 02 November 2016 - 11:20 AM, said:

And interesting you mention your experiences w/your wife etc~I mentioned my son is a very sensitive person who does for sure, need his space; his quiet. Yet though my daughter is similar in having to have 'down time' in her rm too- she is a bit more expressive...(she loves music too-but does sing and play guitar..compose songs; there is always music going on one way or another in our home!)...but She said to me recently-"mom I am super tired or nuts, but when eating cereal this morning, I wondered why a neighbor child in a fluffy dress was watching me eat?...like you let her in...but I looked straight at her, and she was gone..." (No nearby neighbors w/kiddos-mostly retired or  middle age folks)- so that is a '?' too. - yah......there have been some odd happenings off and on in this rent too~

That's very strange, indeed...  I would have to say you have some paranormal activity...  Just some harmless spirits who want their presence to be known.  Sounds like that child in the dress was very proud of her wardrobe and just wanted to show it off.  Nothing to worry about  :)

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#16 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:42 PM

View PostMenet, on 03 November 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

Ha!!  I'm sure that you and I could find plenty to talk about.  :*)

You girls are so spiritual that I'm almost embarrassed by my heathenism.  lol  I find it interesting and can remember some details but basically I signed off on it along time ago.  I'm certainly not saying that there isn't a place for it and I was at one time a practioneer. (sp)  I've never come across a doppleganger, never seen a family member or close friend while they were living in the moment while they were far away (not in that respect) so it's difficult for me to imagine yet I cannot say it isn't possible.  Simply because a lot of occurrences are.

Just sayin', I enjoy reading what you have to say.

I do admit since I was very non spiritual (being drowned in pentacostol christian stuff growing up; it scared the wits out me-casting of out 'demons', a lady told me when I was maybe 9, the 'devil' was in me because I couldn't 'talk in tongues', etc) up till my 30's....I didn't even believe in anything, except some 'Infinite'-that wasn't 'scary'...even then, I didn't  'pray' or talk to anything.

I've done things backward- have an experience, be shocked, not tell anyone since they were used to 'mom' or wife as I had been- non, anything. Then read books, research, email authors(10 yrs back, that was easier than finding someone to help me understand things), journal journal journal. Fear was foremost- I think stuff isn't as shocking these days, my body is tired of fear! Its odd someone who never wanted to have 'encounters' or etc- has 'em. I would phfffft it all except I have the occassional- 'know something beforehand', and - days later- comes to pass......so I am not quick to say EVERYTHING I see, is real-I take my time digesting stuff.

Interesting you were a practitionor, in the past- did you get kind of tired or fried of things? I get it, as to why one would. Oh, heathenism isn't so bad LoL~ I was! Maybe I am half and half now! Stuck between logic and accepting the 'kooky!'(luv Einstein's verbiage)..the unexplained ; )

#17 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:49 PM

View PostNightWalkerGStudy, on 04 November 2016 - 07:05 PM, said:

That's very strange, indeed...  I would have to say you have some paranormal activity...  Just some harmless spirits who want their presence to be known.  Sounds like that child in the dress was very proud of her wardrobe and just wanted to show it off.  Nothing to worry about  :)

Yeah- weird stuff! And true, haven't 'seen' of the girl in her dress, and etc again. I think if again, perhaps time to 'address' them or one, - gently, but with intension of , "ok, seen you, time to go now, thank you-go"  ; )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users