The Ghoststudy Library

• You cannot reply to this topic
308 replies to this topic

#41 lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 28 July 2005 - 08:29 PM

-"The Ghost Hunter's Guidebook (or Handbook)" by Troy Taylor

an amazing book. I highly recomend this one.
My Signature

#42 Claire

Living Dead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts
  • Interests:Photography, painting and ghosthunting!

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:22 AM

I don't see this book listed.  It is really good:

The Other Side by Denise Jones

http://www.paranormalhelp.com/story.htm

My Signature
Posted Image
"We all go a little mad sometimes."  Norman Bates

#43 Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE(lorddraven2000 @ Jul 11 2005, 11:55 PM)
I just got Hans Holzers Ghost I've met and so far it has been a great read

View Post

I just finished reading "Ghosts I've Met" a week or so ago, and found it pretty entertaining.

#44 ~Ocean~

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:58 AM

Is there a list of all of these books in one place (without reading every reply)?  I don't want to post new book ideas here if they aren't new!:D
My Signature

#45 freekboi

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:I'm really interested in the paranormal (hence being on this site), love to read, fool around on the computer, just the usual stuff. I'm also a member of Dravenstar Paranormal Research Team with Lord Draven 2000, Celtic Maiden, and TK.

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:11 AM

That would be a good idea, have all the books mentioned here in list format with who recommeded them or something like that.

#46 lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:24 PM

that would be great
My Signature

#47 ghosthunter182003

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Interests:-haunting the ghoststudy message board

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:59 AM

Anyone wanna help me with the list?
My Signature
ghosthunter182003

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

#48 lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(Off Duty Cop @ Jul 29 2005, 11:39 AM)
I just finished reading "Ghosts I've Met" a week or so ago, and found it pretty entertaining.

View Post

I am still reading it, haven't had a great deal of time to read but I have enjoyed it so far.
My Signature

#49 Tiggertailz

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 04:09 AM

I read a pretty good one recently, one of my first ghost books in fact.  'Ghost: A Firsthand Account' by Katherine Ramsland.  Basically her experiences of getting into paranormal investigation.  It's really fascinating.  At times I was really creeped out, but I couldn't stop myself! laugh.gif

I've started reading Leslie Rules' Ghosts Coast to Coast, but I've been taking my time with it.  I know it should be a quick read, but it keeps giving me the heebie jeebies.   blush.gif

It's so good to have all these recommendations!  Now if only my local bookstore would carry more books about the paranormal.  Guess I'll have to start looking into Amazon.
My Signature
"As I was waiting on the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today.
I wish, I wish, he'd go away."

#50 lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:14 PM

I have only read one book by Katherine Ramsland, and I did not like it at all. It seemed more about her work with vampires than it did about ghosts, which was the title of the book, Ghost Investigating the Other side
My Signature

#51 Tiggertailz

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:55 PM

I think it's the same book.  To best of my knowledge she only has one book on ghosts.  I only remember the vampire bit in the first few chapters, but it was important because some of the events from her investigation in vampires let to her investigation of ghosts.  After that, it was purely ghost investigation.  Unless I'm completely off my rocker.  (which is entirely possible)
My Signature

#52 lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 01:11 PM

In the one I read she is constantly being follwed by a vampire she met and has something that belongs to him and it seems she keeps dwelling on the vampire case and the guy and really does not mention investigating the paranormal as much as a title like that would indicate.
My Signature

#53 Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 07 August 2005 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(lorddraven2000 @ Aug 7 2005, 04:11 PM)
In the one I read she is constantly being follwed by a vampire she met and has something that belongs to him and it seems she keeps dwelling on the vampire case and the guy and really does not mention investigating the paranormal as much as a title like that would indicate.

View Post

I'm about halfway through the book in question, and in my opinion its almost entirely related to the Paranormal so far. She does mention the "Vampire", but from that point on she focuses on investigating several haunted locations, while attempting to learn more about the ring the "Vampire" gave her.

#54 Tiggertailz

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 01:37 PM

Maybe I'm just still too new to the subject, I didn't have any particular expectations for it.  I know very little about paranormal investigations.

Edit: Just saw ODC's post.  Now I'm confused.   blink.gif Is she doing serious paranormal investigation or no?  I mean, I kinda thought the whole thing with the ring was entirely a paranormal pursuit.

Help!  ermm.gif

Edited by Tiggertailz, 07 August 2005 - 01:42 PM.

My Signature

#55 lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:18 PM

she does but the purpose of the book is the ring, sje keeps returning to it. If you really want disappointment check the pictures in the book. Even at locations she makes it about the ring in question.
My Signature

#56 Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(lorddraven2000 @ Aug 7 2005, 09:18 PM)
she does but the purpose of the book is the ring, sje keeps returning to it. If you really want disappointment check the pictures in the book. Even at locations she makes it about the ring in question.

View Post

The pictures were rather disappointing, but I think the majority of her research took place quite a few years ago. If I remember right the copyright on the book is 2001, and we know a little more about orbs and various other anomalies now than we did then.

#57 lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:29 PM

that is true.
My Signature

#58 Tiggertailz

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:15 AM

I guess I can see why you were turned off by it.  I'll admit, the ring did get a little boring.  

As for the pictures, I wasn't that impressed with them either.  Orbs are boring, too likely to be something else. tongue.gif

I guess what appealed to me the most was the whole learning process.  It was exciting.

Thanks for the different points of view though!  Helps my learning process. happy.gif
My Signature

#59 nemohee

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:46 AM

I'm currently reading "Phantom Army of the Civil War and other Southern Ghost Stories." All of the stories are from the files of FATE magazine, and it's pretty entertaining. Not much serious ghost-hunting, mostly eye-witness accounts.

I have to agree with LordRaven2000 that anything by Lloyd Auerbach is wonderful (I actually got to meet him when he came to Georgia Southern! I was so excited!)

Hans Holzer is pretty entertaining, but I've heard tales that cause me to question him.

#60 Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(nemohee @ Aug 9 2005, 01:46 PM)
I'm currently reading "Phantom Army of the Civil War and other Southern Ghost Stories." All of the stories are from the files of FATE magazine, and it's pretty entertaining. Not much serious ghost-hunting, mostly eye-witness accounts.

I have to agree with LordRaven2000 that anything by Lloyd Auerbach is wonderful (I actually got to meet him when he came to Georgia Southern! I was so excited!)

Hans Holzer is pretty entertaining, but I've heard tales that cause me to question him.

View Post

Still at Southern? If so, Hello neighbor! I'm right up the road in Waynesboro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com