27 replies to this topic

#21 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:14 AM

I found visual studio but no uninstall option with the program so just deleted it ^_^
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#22 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:29 PM

Wow are you sure you use Windohz? :wallbash:
  • Open the Start Menu
  • Click on Settings
  • Click System in the Settings menu
  • Select Apps & features from the carp on the Left
  • Select Visual Basic FIRST Visual eberything else goes NEXT time
  • Click the Uninstall button that appears usually in a popup
Lots of times programs have an uninstall option but Microsoft doesn't like you uninstalling their carp so they and many other programs make you go into the system settings and use Add/Remove Programs {pre-Win10} or APP & Features {win10} ... oh and after you does that RESTART your system.

Deleting programs manually just screws up your system ... good job :good:  ... yer Registry is prolly messed up to :yes: no worries it's windonts the registry is ALWAYS messed up :bunny:

First of all give the computer a chance to UnInstall eberything on it's own AND be sure to restart your system afores going to the next step.

Next Step: {Did you restart your computer?  Posted Image } Now Download and install CCleaner onto your system ... it's Free ... Do NOT choose the "Portable" version just select the regular Installer ... I use the portable version when doing group computer eXorcisms Posted Image but you apparently need to keep it on your computer! Be sure you download from CCleaner.com {aka piriform} this thing is very popular so many places offer it with added malware.

After you get CCleaner installed Go into the Tools menu and check the Uninstaller and make sure ALL things Visual have been removed. Oh and from now on you can use this uninstaller instead of the Windonts version ... iffen eberything is gone then good riddance :yes:

Now go up to the Cleaner menu of CCleaner and check everything that you will be wanting cleaned {dang near eberything} ... some things that you may NOT want cleaned are browser history 'n stuff. However, all the things that haven't been properly removed will git removed with this AND it does a very good job :yes:

Once that is done have CCleaner fix your registry ... this is the skeery part BUT it does this better and safelyer than any other system I'm aware of ... ya noes that're free.

Now go back to the Tools menu and click Startup ... these are all of the :carp: programs that windows makes your computer load before the computer gets up to speed. Make sure you actually want/need the programs starting up. These programs are typically what makes your computer take ages to boot or hang on startup.

Ok now ReBoot :yes:

If your computer isn't dead it will be much betterer now :yes:

Oh and try running that Diarrhea program you paid too much for ... it might start working ... you never know.

If your computer is dead ... this is an eXcellent opportunity to install LInux :good:

:bunny:
- siguie -

#23 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:38 PM

Ooops almost fergetted IF you are not sure what a startup does OR if you need it I recommend BleepingComputers Startup Database :yes: You can read all the stuff if you want but basically over on the right just Search for whatever it is you want :yes:
- siguie -

#24 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:20 AM

View Postsiguie, on 11 May 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

Wow are you sure you use Windohz? :wallbash: Yes I am
  • Open the Start Menu
  • Click on Settings
  • Click System in the Settings menu
  • Select Apps & features from the carp on the Left Don't have apps and features.  I just did it through windows uninstall.  
  • Select Visual Basic FIRST Visual eberything else goes NEXT time Everything (I am doing it... boy there are a lot  Microsoft Visual C++)
  • Click the Uninstall button that appears usually in a popup
Lots of times programs have an uninstall option but Microsoft doesn't like you uninstalling their carp so they and many other programs make you go into the system settings and use Add/Remove Programs {pre-Win10} or APP & Features {win10} ... oh and after you does that RESTART your system.

Deleting programs manually just screws up your system ... good job :good:  ... yer Registry is prolly messed up to :yes: no worries it's windonts the registry is ALWAYS messed up :bunny:

First of all give the computer a chance to UnInstall eberything on it's own AND be sure to restart your system afores going to the next step.

Next Step: {Did you restart your computer?  Posted Image } Yes I will Now Download and install CCleaner onto your system ... it's Free ... Do NOT choose the "Portable" (OK will try it again if it still plays up . I've been using IObit uninstaller I liked it better than CCleaner) version just select the regular Installer ... I use the portable version when doing group computer eXorcisms Posted Image but you apparently need to keep it on your computer! Be sure you download from CCleaner.com OK {aka piriform} this thing is very popular so many places offer it with added malware.

After you get CCleaner installed Go into the Tools menu and check the Uninstaller and make sure ALL things Visual have been removed. Oh and from now on you can use this uninstaller instead of the Windonts version ... iffen eberything is gone then good riddance :yes:

Now go up to the Cleaner menu of CCleaner and check everything that you will be wanting cleaned {dang near eberything} ... some things that you may NOT want cleaned are browser history 'n stuff. However, all the things that haven't been properly removed will git removed with this AND it does a very good job :yes:

Once that is done have CCleaner fix your registry ... this is the skeery part BUT it does this better and safelyer than any other system I'm aware of ... ya noes that're free.

Now go back to the Tools menu and click Startup ... these are all of the :carp: programs that windows makes your computer load before the computer gets up to speed. Make sure you actually want/need the programs starting up. These programs are typically what makes your computer take ages to boot or hang on startup.

Ok now ReBoot :yes:

If your computer isn't dead it will be much betterer now :yes:

Oh and try running that Diarrhea program you paid too much for ... it might start working ... you never know.

If your computer is dead ... this is an eXcellent opportunity to install LInux :good: I have downloaded Linux just reading your instructions

:bunny:

Posted Image

#25 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:54 PM

If you've been using iObit why would you manually delete carp and still has tons of carp that needs uninstalling?

Dang I thought that after you properly deleted carp and fixed the registry yer diary program might git   resusc .. resuckcitated    not be dead no morez :sigh:

K my instructions are for creating a standalone Linux memory stick or SD system and you still need to make a "Live USB" first so why not take the test drive :yes: no commitment :no: you just cannot install much. Iffen you likes it a betterer option is to use win10 to create a drive partition {100GB is more than enough} and name it Linux or something easy to identify  then boot into the Live USB and create a Dual Boot system :yes: that way you can have win10 AND whatever Linux flavour you prefer :)

My instructions are for people like me who just want to play with lots of different operating systems and see what each can do AND use each for what they do best :bunny:
- siguie -

#26 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:36 PM

View Postsiguie, on 14 May 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

If you've been using iObit why would you manually delete carp and still has tons of carp that needs uninstalling? I don't know why but the Visual stuff hasn't shown up in the IObit menu that is how I normally will uninstall a program. That was why I did a search in the Start option of my computer found the Visual Basic and yes manually deleted from there. After what you wrote, I tried to look other ways for the program. That's when I found copies of Windows C++ in the  Windows program - uninstall. I am in the process of uninstalling them with Windows program - uninstall. Only they seem to multiply I have uninstalled and restarted to find the same program back on not all but some.

Dang I thought that after you properly deleted carp and fixed the registry yer diary program might git   resusc .. resuckcitated    not be dead no morez :sigh: That is OK I still haven't finished uninstalled everything (I know I said it was done) (but its not) and  I prefer to use it over RNB and who knows it might start working

K my instructions are for creating a standalone Linux memory stick or SD system (yes I understand that) and you still need to make a "Live USB" first so why not take the test drive :yes: no commitment :no: you just cannot install much. Iffen you likes it a betterer option is to use win10 to create a drive partition {100GB is more than enough} and name it Linux or something easy to identify  then boot into the Live USB and create a Dual Boot system :yes: that way you can have win10 AND whatever Linux flavour you prefer :)

My instructions are for people like me who just want to play with lots of different operating systems and see what each can do AND use each for what they do best :bunny:

Posted Image

#27 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:11 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 14 May 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

If you've been using iObit why would you manually delete carp and still has tons of carp that needs uninstalling? I don't know why but the Visual stuff hasn't shown up in the IObit menu that is how I normally will uninstall a program. That was why I did a search in the Start option of my computer found the Visual Basic and yes manually deleted from there. After what you wrote, I tried to look other ways for the program. That's when I found copies of Windows C++ in the  Windows program - uninstall. I am in the process of uninstalling them with Windows program - uninstall. Only they seem to multiply I have uninstalled and restarted to find the same program back on not all but some.

WAIT! STOP!! :confused0068: Srsly STOP !!!

Do those Microsoft Visual C++  "programs" have year dates after the ++ and perhaps the term "Redistributable" !?! 'cuz if they do those are NOT installed programs they are Dynamic Link Libraries {aka DLLs}. It means you have programs running on your system that were written in Visual C++ which is an Integrated Development Environment {IDE}. Instead of rolling the libraries together with every distribution each program uses the default libraries that are included by Microsoft.

Anyways STOP you are just lobotomizing an already brain dead system :Picture 524: IF you didn't install it don't UnInstall it until you know what it does. Anywho, it sounds like your system is just reinstalling the libraries as needed.

Ok then go back to using iObit for yer uninstalls apparently it is smart enough not to let you see the things you shouldn't mess with  :yes:
- siguie -

#28 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:50 AM

View Postsiguie, on 15 May 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

WAIT! STOP!! :confused0068: Srsly STOP !!!

Do those Microsoft Visual C++  "programs" have year dates after the ++ and perhaps the term "Redistributable" !?! 'cuz if they do those are NOT installed programs they are Dynamic Link Libraries {aka DLLs}. It means you have programs running on your system that were written in Visual C++ which is an Integrated Development Environment {IDE}. Instead of rolling the libraries together with every distribution each program uses the default libraries that are included by Microsoft. LOL Yes exactly like that....Oh well too late now. The computer still seems to be working :confused0068: I am too scared to restart my computer
LOL. All good, I just checked my computer it has put all the C++ programs back.

Anyways STOP you are just lobotomizing an already brain dead system :Picture 524: IF you didn't install it don't UnInstall it until you know what it does. Anywho, it sounds like your system is just reinstalling the libraries as needed.

Ok then go back to using iObit for yer uninstalls apparently it is smart enough not to let you see the things you shouldn't mess with  :yes: LOL

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users