Free Skins
© Fisana

What Is Everyone Reading? Neil Gaiman? Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Tarinya

Tarinya

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:38 PM

Just finished Stephen King's Bag of Bones, starting on Insomnia. Love his work. I'm out of room in my bookcases, but need to make some notes from Mac's list. Looks like a lot of interesting stuff there!

#22 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:07 PM

:D I aim to please. ;)

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#23 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:15 AM

Thank you.  I can't stuff anymore in my books cases....well I can but have to move other stuff.  I'm headed to the used book store to trade off my paperbacks if I can't pass mine off to friends.
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#24 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

I found a John Wayne impersonator in Branson, Missouri about 8 years ago, and he sold me one of his books.  His named is Ermal Walden Williamson, and he ended up telling me that he got permission from the Wayne family to make these books as being connected to the movie and novel "The Cowboys".  These books serve as prequels and sequels to the movie, and they follow Matthew Jorgenson (Andersen) as he runs from his past.  The town of Bozeman, Montana believes him to be dead after a botched robbery, but they switched him with another man, and Matthew was able to escape.  These stories follow him as he tries to find a life for himself while trying to forget his past and a town he can never return to.

I've been reading these books off and on ever since I met him, and I absolutely love them.

Posted Image

Ermal Williamson

Below are the first three of seven books in Ermal's "Brazos" series

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#25 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:05 PM

Cool. He does look a bit like The Duke.

Posted Image

My Shop

#26 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 25 September 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

He's a pretty good guy!  :)

He's 6`4`` like The Duke was and he's got his voice.  I'm sure he took lessons to get his voice lol

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#27 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

There's that, or he watched a lot of The Duke's movies.

Posted Image

My Shop

#28 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:12 PM

Probably the latter.  I know I'm able to do a few good voices just because I've watched some movies enough.  I can do a good impression of Jackie Gleason as Sheriff Buford T. Justice ^_^

Posted Image

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#29 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

Cool. Believe it or not, I do a pretty mean Garfieldimpression (Lorenzo Music)

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 25 September 2017 - 01:42 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#30 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:50 PM

Hahaha!  Nice!

The only thing that makes me similar to Garfield is that he and I share a love of food ^_^

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#31 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

:D

Posted Image

My Shop

#32 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:58 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 25 September 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

I'll bet he can pull it off, once he had the voice coupled with the Duke's mannerisms...I can see him as a winner.   I know I went through a stint of westerns but it's been so long I can't remember what they were unless they were "Little House on the Prairie" series.  lol

I'm gathering up boxes of paperbacks and it's possible those Westerns will turn up.   Thank you, NightWalker.

The only voice I can do is Arnold as the Terminator.  One liners are easy.

#33 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:22 PM

View PostMenet, on 26 September 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

I'll bet he can pull it off, once he had the voice coupled with the Duke's mannerisms...I can see him as a winner.   I know I went through a stint of westerns but it's been so long I can't remember what they were unless they were "Little House on the Prairie" series.  lol

I'm gathering up boxes of paperbacks and it's possible those Westerns will turn up.   Thank you, NightWalker.

The only voice I can do is Arnold as the Terminator.  One liners are easy.

You're welcome!

Haha!  I can only scream like Arnold.  I'm not as good as my Dad when it comes to pulling off an Arnold impression.  He can do full sentences LOL

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#34 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,709 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:54 AM

I just bought Stephen King's (and his son Owen's) new book Sleeping Beauties for my Nook. Haven't gotten more than one chapter in, but it's a 700 page book. It's supposed to be about all women, once they fall asleep, getting covered in a white silky substance like a cocoon. And if they are made to wake up, they go berserk and kill the person who woke them. I think they are supposed to be somewhere else while they are sleeping
Posted Image

#35 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,646 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:08 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 27 September 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

I just bought Stephen King's (and his son Owen's) new book Sleeping Beauties for my Nook. Haven't gotten more than one chapter in, but it's a 700 page book. It's supposed to be about all women, once they fall asleep, getting covered in a white silky substance like a cocoon. And if they are made to wake up, they go berserk and kill the person who woke them. I think they are supposed to be somewhere else while they are sleeping

I watched Stephen King and his son in an interview the other day talking about the new book. Sounds fascinating.

let us know what you think after reading it.  :)
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#36 jwc

jwc

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:30 AM

View PostMenet, on 14 September 2017 - 06:32 AM, said:

I've spent a lot of time at home over the past couple months but it does get boring so I went to the bookstore.   I still like wandering around in real time bookstores by means of my feet.  They are full of people, odd assortments of interesting items, coffee shops and books.  I enjoy it all yet I was on a mission.  Neil Gaiman.

American Gods.  He wrote the book.  He won a few awards for it.  It's SF & F.   What I didn't understand was the description on the cover.  The Bestselling Underground Novel??  Where did that come from?

So I read it.  I found why the word, "Underground" was used.  The novel makes social, political and religious implications.  It was a good read.  Do not be daunted by the size of it.   I read it for entertainment.  Afterwards I thought about what it was that he had to say.  The novel still sits upon my table because I've considered more than once, reading it again.

This is getting to long.  What's Everyone reading?
I read a lot of Neil. i finished American Gods, I love his Sandman comics

#37 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:11 AM

Hi, jwc.  Gaiman is an interesting writer, although I had to put down 'Neverwhere'.   Looking for the original.  Haven't seen the comics, but I know now to look.  Thanks!

I always take a look at Steven King and I saw the one he wrote with his son, Vlawde, although I missed the interview, Jim.  I know that he is an excellent writer but I haven't read any of his writings since taking up the 'Dark Tower' series.  Huh.  I wonder if that's the western I was thinking of.  lol

#38 jwc

jwc

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:05 AM

Stephen King wrote an introduction for one of Gaiman graphic novels. I am reading the ghost stories of M.R. James right now

#39 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostMenet, on 30 September 2017 - 03:11 AM, said:

I always take a look at Steven King and I saw the one he wrote with his son, Vlawde, although I missed the interview, Jim.  I know that he is an excellent writer but I haven't read any of his writings since taking up the 'Dark Tower' series.  Huh.  I wonder if that's the western I was thinking of.  lol

Probably. They've made The Dark Tower into a movie, with a great cast, but it's not getting good reviews. The Dark Tower trailer

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 30 September 2017 - 02:13 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#40 Tarinya

Tarinya

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 27 September 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

I put away Insomnia in favor of Bazaar of Bad Dreams, since it just arrived. You'll have to share what you think of Sleeping Beauties, I'm definitely interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users