• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

#1 moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:24 PM

So I was kindly (read sarcasm there. There's been something wrong with him for a month and everyone has been getting hell) informed by the husband that I'm going to contract labor, and only 14 audit packs per week. I am no longer a full time employee. MY BOSS (his wife) did not know he was going to do this, and when I confronted her about it she said she can't naysay him but will talk to him and now she won't call me back. And this is the day after she was talking to everyone about how great I am, what a good job I do, how hard I work. She says that they have been arguing about this for months because she wants me full time because she has stuff that needs to be done but he says it doesn't because it's "old" now even though legally it needs to be completed.

what the heck?

Edited by moiraesfate, 31 October 2017 - 12:26 PM.

#2 moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:17 AM

So we've been doing some calculating and I'd like to hear your thoughts.

If I go with regular unemployment including both hotels as one entity, I'd get $247 a week for 26 weeks. If I file for both hotels separately since I receive separate checks for each, it would add up to $262 per week.

If I tell him I want $400, it's about $200 less I'd get per month, but I could continue doing it after I find a full time job.

They never told me this was going to be a temp job. If they had done that, I'd have just done it while i was looking for another full time job. They could have given me some warning they were doing this. I should be a manager in this company. Only my husband, one other employee and I have so much knowledge, and have done so much for him, and he insists on repeatedly treating me like total crud.

So what would you do if you were in my place?

Edited by moiraesfate, 02 November 2017 - 08:18 AM.

#3 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:19 PM

yeah I am not too sure I think if it was me I would be looking for another job and leave when I have it
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 crystal

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, supernatural, reading, music, writing, drawing =)

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:26 PM

Sorry, that stinks.  I agree with Klainey, you're better off looking for a new job.  Can you file for unemployment though?  Have you officially been fired?
My Signature
To die will be an awfully big adventure.
J.M. BARRIE, Peter Pan

#5 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:06 PM

this doesn't sound like a good place for you to work, I'd leave and get some temp work on the side whilst you're looking for permanent full time work. So sorry to hear they have treated you so poorly!
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#6 moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:45 PM

I filed for unemployment. I also had an interview for an assistant general manager position. It sounds like a great position but ALOT of work. I was informed that it would be ALOT of hours. It was ok until I met one of the owners. Who made me incredibly uncomfortable due to the amount of arrogance dripping from him. When I refused the job today, I was emailed by the GM "Are you sure you don't want to know what we are prepared to offer you?". Uggghhh. It would be really hard to refuse a job if it's 45 or 50 k. That would be more than I have ever made. Especially since I know they include health care already.

Then again, I had another interview for a HUGE and very important hotel in the city with alot of influence in their sales department as a sales assistant. I think that went well as well, and I really liked the other assistant I talked to who seems like a very warm person. The managers are a bit unknown as they have 7 in that department and I only met 2 though they both seemed fine, enough that I'd get along with them. Though I'm thinking it will be less money, the contacts and influence in such a position would blast open doors for me anywhere I want in the city due to the name  of the hotel. They want me to meet the person who runs the department who wasn't in today.

So I'm confused as to what to do about all that.

Then our car decided it would have a HUGE problem that may require a 10k fix which is more than the car is worth (transmission).

Ugggghhhh.

#7 crystal

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, supernatural, reading, music, writing, drawing =)

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:11 PM

Oh no!!!  :ohmy:  That's such a bummer... I'm so sorry.
Only you can decide which job is better- if you got bad vibes from the guy, I totally get it.  Good luck!
My Signature
To die will be an awfully big adventure.
J.M. BARRIE, Peter Pan

#8 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:47 AM

I think you need to feel comfortable with the people you work with. Cars are pains :(  Good luck :) I am sure everything happens for a reason just sometimes the reasons are hard to figure out.
My Signature
Posted Image

#9 moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:50 PM

I've been hired as an AGM at a 130 room hotel making twice the amount of money than I have ever made in my life. This is good. It's going to be alot of work and I will be on my feet alot so I'm looking for a good knee brace for my bad leg. They seem nice. So why am I not excited?

#10 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:14 AM

Maybe it is will be just a job until you get the one that you will feel right about. Either way, I think it sounds better than how you were treated by the husband and wife
My Signature
Posted Image

#11 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:26 PM

Might be because the last experience wasn't great? I'm sure you'll love it when you're in there! good luck!
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com