Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:17 AM

IPB Image
"Witches Castle is located in Portland, Oregon's Forest Park. Enter the park via the N.W. Upshur (Macleay Park entrance) and follow the trail to the castle. No idea how it got its name, although the candles and animal bones frequently left scattered about may have something to do with it. Danford Balch, the original owner of the land in the Macleay Park area, was the first man legally hanged in Oregon."

"Once a stone trading shack during the 1600s, this haunt is located at the crossroads of two trails leading to the coast of Oregon. At the site, it is said that there are “ghost wars.” If one happens to be there during one of these rituals, it is almost impossible for him to get away."

Here is a post from a lady I found. I contacted her in hopes to find out more. I edited a few lines.

"I have been to Witches Castle. First of all the Building is very old. And there was a man hung there. the first man to be hung in Oregon. Also
in Forest park where it is located there have been murders and Bodys found there as well.

Let me tell you i have been to alot of places but this was one of the most haunted EVER so FAR.
I was blown away by the amount of Activity that goes on here. It was a Very haevy feeling and VERy DARk.
I was very overwhelmed by the things i felt and some of them were not so good.
I have heard story also from friends who have been there who have seen faces in the water, who have seen red eyes glowing, have heard walking when no one is there, and another friend of mine was there in pure day light and she saw about twelve spirits coming down a hill at her, also one other friend said that somting chased her out of there and cut her leg. Plus the EVPs i got there were intense. I Am going to go back and get more next week with some friends of mine.

Needless to say everyone who has walked in here that i know has experienced somthing unerving and overwhelming.

Thanks

Rose"

#2 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:58 PM

Wow!! Sounds like a creepy place there Jeeps!!

#3 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • 15,277 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:10 PM

Terry and I were talking about it tonight and decided we may visit this place and try to get EVPs and pics. It's a bit unnerving up there because there can be a lot of crime. I may bring my big black dog   blink.gif

#4 JessWest

JessWest

Account Closed Per Request

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:32 AM

The place does have a very eerie feeling Just by looking at the picture.

#5 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:17 AM

What a history that place has!!!! I found this link here that gives some pretty sordid stories about the former occupants of the land!

http://home.comcast.net/~nwparanormal/index.html

#6 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • 15,277 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:34 AM

Great link Helena!! Thanks!! Although it won't allow you to save the link that page is really on....if you click on "haunted" it has a list and you will see the Witches Castle there. Creepy place.

#7 magicklady13

magicklady13

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, learning, long drives, my daughter, forest animals, seahorses, coffee, crystals, cards, The Smiths, The Cure, Korn, Rob Zombie, everything and anything paranormal, ghostly, witchy and spooky!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

How very strange. See people viewing this story on the users list all the time and always say to myself, oh, will have to read that post some day. Well, tonight while scrolling through to check out what everyone's reading, notice someone viewing this story again. Figure ok,  might as well readnow so don't have to search for it later. (Call me lazy, I know). As reading the story it says that the owner of the witch's house was hung on Oct. 17,1859. Today is Oct. 17! Oooo, coincidence or something more? Lol. Guess I just felt the need to post something tonight!
Pllease don`t cry, For the ghost and the storm outside
Will not invade the sacred shrine, Nor infiltrate your mind
My life down I shall lie, If the bogey-man should try
To play tricks on your sacred mind, To tease, torment and tantalize
Wavering shadows loom, A piano plays in an empty room
They`ll be blood on the cleaver tonight. ~ The Smiths