Santa Sleigh       santa

Strange Phone Calls From Somthing Paranormal?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mikecip

mikecip

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:40 PM

hello my name is mike im 14 years old and live in conneticut.  reacently i have been getting phone calls from a private number and i beleive their is somthing paranormal happening.  lets start from the begining.  about a month ago i started going out with a girl calld sam.  I also had a dream about this.  i was visiting a haunted mansion and they said if u put your forehead on a certant doorknob and whisper "spades behind me" you would be able to see the ghost.  i did it. but i screamed the phrase as loud as i could.  the door slamed shut and i saw a ghostly image in my head.  then allthe sudden i was home and sitting on the couch a dark figure handed me the phone and i answered it was sombody on the other line screaming.  i imeadiately woke up.  i had this dram 3 more times that night and after the third one i woke up and my whole body was tingling and i couldnt move.  the following day the calls started.  the second i opend the door to my room i got the first call. it was silence.  i got 1-2 phone calls a day execpt of fridays i would get upwards of 25.  and the calls started to progress. it started wit the other line pressing buttons on the phone and hanging up, but the it my girlfriend started gettin the calls. it got really bad one night. about two weeks ago we were talking on aimand were both receiving calls. so i started to mess with the person (i.e talking in spanish, playing music, playing recorded voices from the internet).  then it was about 830 and i hadent gotten a call in a while so i called my girl friend.  we talked about it and then we both had a call waiting on the other line from a private number so we ignored it. they left us both voicemails and we decided to hang up and listen to them.  mine was the rap song "balie" which was the song that sam was listening to and she didnt tell any one that she was listening to it. hers was I AM The Highway by Audioslave which was the song i was listening to but didnt tell anyone.  we were freaked out. we continued to get calls but ignored them.  i had about 6 voice mails. i listend to them.  they were more music and pressing buttons. but sams were people saying im going to kill you whole family.  we talked again for a while she was really scared. till the point where i got a call. i answered and said hello i told them thaty i woulndt be mad it they told me who it was he said no i was shocked that he was talking to me.  his voice was like a yong child. so i was very nice to him i said well why are you calling us. he said no. i said wait is this sam's little brother sean and he said yes (this was impossible because sean was asleep in his room sam even went to check). so i told him he had to stop calling us and he said no. then he hung up.  i called sam back and told her and when she told me it was impossibile we freaked out. then someone pulled into her drive way and she got antoer call she answerd and the said im going to kill you're whole family. she called me back crying and told me about it. then her mother enterd and broke her phone because it was 4AM and we had school tomaro. the calls stoped

now i dont know much about the paranormal. ive only ceen a couple episodes of the show Paranormal State on AE.  i need help because sam is still getting the calls dose anyone have an explination for me

#2 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:12 PM

I think these may have been prank calls from a living person.  There are any number of reasons why the number would show up as private or unavailable.  Since you and your gf responded to these calls and engaged the callers in conversation, this may have encouraged them to continue--hence the increase in calls from a few to over 20 a night.  Perhaps somebody you go to school with somehow got a hold of your number?

#3 mikecip

mikecip

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(AugustineGStudy @ Jan 23 2008, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think these may have been prank calls from a living person.  There are any number of reasons why the number would show up as private or unavailable.  Since you and your gf responded to these calls and engaged the callers in conversation, this may have encouraged them to continue--hence the increase in calls from a few to over 20 a night.  Perhaps somebody you go to school with somehow got a hold of your number?

thats what i thought but while i was talking to her their were buttons pressed on her phone and it was 666

#4 Therightone86

Therightone86

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:I am currently attempting to achieve my Bachelor's Degree, majoring in communications (Ha...and I don't mean spiritual). Although its only for my personal recreation, writing is a favorite hobby of mine. I tend to be an avid movie-goer and find a replenishment, of sorts, in film. Beyond that...traveling, hiking, mountain climbing, swimming, and boating. I also enjoy taking care of my fish! The supernatural/paranormal is a regular part of my life, ha, but I do enjoy learning more about it as well.

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(AugustineGStudy @ Jan 23 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would have to say that I agree.

If I were you, the first thing I would do is keep a log of the dates and times that the person is calling you.  Then at least you have a reference point, and can be prepared.  Also, you can look on your phone's billing statement, and highlight this information.

Secondly, TELL YOUR PARENTS!  If they are going to be "killed," they may want a fair forewarning.  Ha!  You know what I mean?

By keeping a log, you can attempt to detect a call pattern, in which case, you could have one of your parents pick up the phone, and have them threaten to get the police involved.  In my opinion, if you are receiving crank calls, your parents' voices should be startling enough to make those calls end.

These types of things should NOT be messed with AT ALL.  Augustine is 100% correct by saying that you are just adding fuel to the fire by responding.  People who are out to get you, are also out to get you involved.  Once you are involved, it becomes a predator-prey situation.  Don't be the prey.  Nobody should be scared or freaked out by some creep who is calling, making OVERLY inappropriate threats.  Death threats are NEVER funny, EVER.

This person needs to be dealt with immediately, joke or no joke.  If you or your parents cannot stop it, the line either needs to be tracked, changed, or both.

In my opinion, this shouldn't be ruled as paranormal.  It is just too easy to block a call.  Take a stand and inform the correct people.  If it continues after that, and there is no logic to base anything off of, THEN you can CONSIDER the dead.

-Nick-

#5 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:42 PM

Nope, Living people, and since threats are being made, and the # of calls is clearly harassment, your parents and her parents need to 1) be informed and 2) need to file a complaint with the police department and the telephone company.

Even though the caller ID is "private" the phone company, with the directive of the Police Department will trace the calls.
Making threats over the phone is definitely something they WILL take action on.

#6 ghosthunter252

ghosthunter252

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:49 PM

The calls to your phone are prank calls.  Trust me, I've been there (and still am, I'm 15...).  Anyway, from what I've read, its probably one your friend's (sam's) friends.  Don's be mislead by any voice they can recreate, its not that hard to change your voice for a call.  Your friend, however, I would say get parents involved.  If she is a year or so older than you, she probably has friends that can drive.  Friends who also have nothing to do at 3 in the morning.   Keep in mind, however, that threat can get them in some serious trouble pleasantry.gif  My best advice is to keep an eye open next time you go to school.  If someone looks at you and attempts to hold back laughing or something along those lines you can assume they are calling you.  Next time they call just hang up right away.  I'd give advice for your friend as well but (thankfully) the people that used to call me didn't get to the "murder threat" stage.  Picture 562.gif
Ghosthunter252 | Today, 03:29 PM
    I have never double posted.
---------------------------------------------
Ghosthunter252 | Today, 03:29 PM
    I have never double posted.

#7 Guest_ghostsofgettysburg_*

Guest_ghostsofgettysburg_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:42 PM

I truly WISH it was something paranormal....it would be alot less scary if it was. Picture 562.gif Unfortunately, it probably isn't paranormal.  

DEFINATELY time to get the parents involved.

#8 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:23 AM

I agree with the advice given by others here.  On top of that, you and your gf should have your cell numbers changed and be VERY careful who you give them out to next time.  If you have any reason to suspect that one of your friends might somehow leak the number, then don't give them the number.  I know it sounds paranoid and like a pain in the neck, but like the saying goes, better safe than sorry.

Definitely let your (and Sam's) parents know about this.  They'll probably ask about it when they see the cell phone bill anyway, and they need to be kept in the loop since a prank might put your safety and privacy at risk.

#9 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:54 AM

Not only do I agree with the advise but I would suggest focusing your concerns more on SAM. Its quite possible you have an older stalker mad that YOU got the girl. But instead of being more hostile towards YOU, He's being hostile towards your girl more for, in his own mind, "leaving him." I'm not saying I'm right, but the fact that he knows the girl's family, knows what you're both doing, and the sudden appearance of a car in your lot and simultaneously being a phone call to her, it's very possible. You should definately take this seriously if, and I apologize for sounding insensitive here, you're not lying to us.
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."