Free Skins
© Fisana

Is The Home Video Of 'the Conjuring 2' Sparking Paranormal Activity?

Conjuring 2 home video Paranormal

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 05 September 2016 - 03:03 PM

We've heard that the movie 'The Conjuring 2', had caused paranormal activity and deaths while in the cinemas. Well, now it seems the move is sparking paranormal activity, since it's release on home video. Many people have claimed it's causing hauntings in there homes, while they view it in their homes and afterwards. Here's one of many, emails sent to Week In Weird:

“I wanted to send an email to let you know that strange things have started happening in my house after my wife and I watched The Conjuring 2. Everything was fine until the end of the movie when Lorraine says the name “Valak”. As soon as she said the name our back door swung open and it sounded like someone came running into the house. When my husband went into the kitchen to check there was no one there. For the last three days we have heard knocking on our walls at night and the sound of someone walking up our stairs. I know it is because of that movie and we’re already talking about calling  a priest over for a blessing on the house. There is something wrong with that movie.” – Nancy P.

Source

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#2 K9Crusader

K9Crusader

Apport

• GS Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 03:20 PM

Oh boy here come the lawsuits haha

#3 capn b

capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:16 PM

I know it might just be coincidence, but I was watching Ghost Hunters about 10 years ago, and I made the comment how I would love to have something paranormal go on in the house. I also said, My door is open to anything paranormal. About a month later, I got exactly what I asked for. Now, it could have all just been one big coincidence like I said, but I did find out a while later that my land that I own has had Indian artifacts found on it in the past. As well as other things that have going on back here that I didnt know about until I brought the subject up.

So I guess, it's possible the movie might have struck something up, but there's also a chance something could have been in those people's house all along.
Just because you cant see it, doesn't mean it's not there

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 01:23 PM

True capn b, I guess we'll never know for sure.

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:26 AM

hmmm it's hard to say if this is true or if it's coincidental, or if its scare mongering to get the sales up for the dvd...
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,059 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:46 AM

I didn't like that they used the demons name in the movie. If it's a real demon name, then you could actually be summoning it by dwelling on the name. And if it's just a made up name (for the movie), imagination could still create a nonexistent episode within the mind, if focused on. But either way, the name should not have been written into the script.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#7 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:22 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 15 September 2016 - 07:46 AM, said:

I didn't like that they used the entities name in the movie. If it's a real demon name, then you could actually be summoning it by dwelling on the name. And if it's just a made up name (for the movie), imagination could still create a nonexistent episode within the mind, if focused on. But either way, the name should not have been written into the script.

It is a true Christian demon. They just spelled it a bit differently, by changing one letter. I could tell you what it is, but I don't know if I should post it here or not.

Posted Image

My Shop

#8 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:37 PM

Now I'm wondering what the mechanics of paranormal being contagious. :D  (I have a weird brain, I know this!)

But in all likelihood it's people get so scared / full of adrenaline watching the movie, that they freak themselves out over things that aren't paranormal, or they're more aware of things that were going on around them all the time, but that previously they just ignored.

Also, humans can just be pretty awful, especially to each other, even without demons (beyond the psychological sort) to push them.

Secondarily "changed the spelling of a name by one letter" wouldn't be a useful "safety device" , and standardized spelling, even of names in English is a fairly modern thing.
(and that's ignoring that these names would be transcribed from a language that doesn't use the Roman alphabet, and isn't English.)

Edited by trin, 15 September 2016 - 06:39 PM.

#9 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,451 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:43 PM

View Posttrin, on 15 September 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

But in all likelihood it's people get so scared / full of adrenaline watching the movie, that they freak themselves out over things that aren't paranormal, or they're more aware of things that were going on around them all the time, but that previously they just ignored.

I agree. Plus remember, the Warrens were there ONE DAY.  Far as demons, knowing and saying their name is supposed to banish them. But this was all hyped up and exaggerated for the movie, I don't think it's likely a demon was even involved
Posted Image

#10 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:52 PM

So, there would be no problem, in my posting the real spelling of it's name?

Posted Image

My Shop

#11 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:53 PM

Doesn't bother me...it's just words on a computer screen. But no demon was even involved in the actual case, just invented for the movie.  Here's some real good info comparing the movie to the actual event

http://www.historyvs...ld-poltergeist/
Posted Image

#12 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:06 PM

Alright, name's correct spelling is Valac.

Valac is a demon described in the goetic grimoires the Lesser Key of Solomon (in some versions as Ualac or Valak and in Thomas Rudd's variant as Valu), Johann Weyer's Pseudomonarchia Daemonum (as Volac), the Liber Officium Spirituum (as Coolor or Doolas), and in the Munich Manual of Demonic Magic (as Volach) as an angelically winged boy riding a two-headed dragon, attributed with the power of finding treasures

1. Source
2. Source

Posted Image

My Shop

#13 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:19 PM

And probably has never dressed up like a dead nun like in the movie! ;)

From the director:

So what did Valak have to do with Amityville, Enfield, and The Warrens? Nothing. James Wan, the film’s director, says he intended the demon to be a premonition for the Enfield Poltergeist case, with no relation to the paranormal activity happening in 112 Ocean Avenue.
“She’s got nothing to do with Amityville. At all,” he told to reporters.
The demon was introduced as a wholly original way for The Conjuring to bridge the Amityville and Enfield cases together in a semi-cohesive way, as the rights to The Amityville Horror are owned by another company, making any popularized connection to Jay Anson’s book or the horror films based on it a no-g
o.
Posted Image

#14 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:32 PM

I wonder, when he used a real demons name, was he ignorant of that fact or did he intentionally use it? That's a question I'd really like to know. Also, I would think, that he was just asking for trouble.

Posted Image

My Shop

#15 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:01 PM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 16 September 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

I wonder, when he used a real demons name, was he ignorant of that fact or did he intentionally use it? That's a question I'd really like to know. Also, I would think, that he was just asking for trouble.

Me too, McCGStudy..... I would also like to know. ..........Definitely not one of his better ideas.
Posted Image

#16 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:06 PM

Yeah, I believe he opened up a full can of worms. I understand what VlawdeGS was saying(quote below), wouldn't it also make them manifest? Could it be possible, that if they hear their names mentioned and discussed, as often as it was in the movie, that it would draw their attention to you?

Far as demons, knowing and saying their name is supposed to banish them.

Posted Image

My Shop

#17 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:32 PM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 17 September 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

Yeah, I believe he opened up a full can of worms. I understand what VlawdeGS was saying(quote below), wouldn't it also make them manifest? Could it be possible, that if they hear their names mentioned and discussed, as often as it was in the movie, that it would draw their attention to you?

Yes, there was mention (in the movie) of them needing the name to banish it.... but I don't buy into that at all. Well, unless they were actually using the name to draw it in for banishment. But one things for sure, we the audience of the movie have no business knowing any demons name. And yes, in my opinion discussing such a name or saying the name out loud can summon that demon. And can be bad if the demon responds.
Posted Image

#18 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:09 PM

If I remember correctly, wasn't there someone here, who was writing a book on demons, one night while working on it the security lights around the house turned on? Almost as if, what they were writing about, drew that demon to their home, as if it was curious? Now I've got to do some digging, to see if I can find that thread.

Posted Image

My Shop

#19 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:14 PM

Back in the day, Jim was doing demon research and even asked for contact via email or the site, if I recall correctly. He had some weird things happen

This the thread you were talking about, Mac?

http://www.paranorma...<br /> <br /> Also, here's a link to some of the research years ago, although I am having trouble finding the ones I am looking for  http://www.ghoststud.....<br /><br />AND http://www.ghoststud...rits_ghosts.htm
Posted Image

#20 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:34 PM

It seems it's a combination of two peoples experiences.

View PostHaunted Heart, on 09 July 2010 - 08:30 AM, said:

Pumpkin- Thanks for your post.

I am like you- before I go out I check all windows and lights, that is why I feel certain all lights were off before I went out!

Anyway.... the other weird things that happeed.... I have been writing a supernatural book about a demonic haunting. I finished this book a few weeks ago and am currently looking for an agent to represent  my work. As I was going through my book and adding bits of information about demons, I heard a weird, deep growl from my bedroom. It FREAKED me out. I checked the house but obviously I couldn't find where the noise came from.
Then, I sat back down again and heard another deep growl. My husband looked over and said, "I have heard that noise since you started writing." We heard it a total of three times.
Let me explain that I live in a top floor flat..so I have no garden, and we are not allowed pets in the flats as the landlord forbids them.  So that really scared me.

Then something else happened. Once I'd completed the book, I had to send it to an agent, and every time I tried to press SEND on my email account, my computer froze and shut the email page down. This happened again and again and again- despite me testing other emails and finding that it worked just fine. In the end I had to use my dads computer at his house because no matter what I do with my book or the document I saved it on, the computer will not allow me to email it and at one point wouldn't let me open it!

A friend of mine suggested I might have "stirred" something up by writing about demons but I sincerely hope that all this is coincidence. They also said that demons or spirits love to meddle with electric things- which is why this light bulb issue in my wardrobe made me feel weird...

I don't mind if people think I am being too worried or paranoid but these things did unnerve me at the time.

and

View Poststeveski, on 05 March 2009 - 02:55 PM, said:

Sorry this is still occuring, it sounds like it is getting worse.  

Please answer the following questions:

1. Did you contact a Catholic Priest to bless your home?
2. This is not something I would ask someone I just met, but are you reglious?
3.  What do you think an investigative will do to help your situation?  You already know something is there, isn't that enough, do you need more proof other than your own and children's eyes/ears?

Activty on my house has also recently picked up, I believe it's because I'm thinking about it and writing about it.  (Feeding it energy)  

Last Thursday my security motion sensor went off at 3:45 am.  After coming downstairs with my gun, and looking at the console the only sensor that tripped was the motion sensor.  Just then my outside motion sensor light went off like something had just left  (it stays on for 1 min when it senses heat and movement, based on research demons have a warm air to them)

My latest idea has been to download a audio copy of the bible and play in a loop on my laptop all day and all night.   It seems to be working, however ask me in another month.

I seriously have enough activty in the last 2 months to write a book, not that I'm going to.

Bella all I have to say is this: I was not a very reglious person before these events started to take place, I am now and I know it's helping. I know it can help you too.

God Bless and God Luck

Posted Image

My Shop

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Conjuring 2, home video, Paranormal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users