#1 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:01 AM

I've never been to a Paracon.  I didn't even know they existed.  Now Milwaukee, isn't that far from me but am I going?  Nope.  They better have one in Michigan but for any of you that live in Wisconsin, you're up for an interesting weekend.

https://milwaukeeparacon.com/schedule/
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#2 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 10:57 AM

There's also the Chicago paracon in December and one in MN Oct.  7th and 8th.

My personal opinion of cons is I couldn't imagine anything more boring than spending all day at booths looking for stuff to buy and sitting in on a lecture or two.   More power to people who find that entertaining or even exciting.

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#3 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,270 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:56 AM

I think mostly are for those who want to rub elbows with TV celebrity investigators. Our group..when it was really big and active...put one on at the Brookdale Lodge. No super celebrities, but some known and respected names in the field all made speeches/presentations.  It was about the information.
Posted Image

#4 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:08 PM

Unless some of you are going, I've got nothing to draw me there.

#5 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:58 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 11 September 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

I think mostly are for those who want to rub elbows with TV celebrity investigators. Our group..when it was really big and active...put one on at the Brookdale Lodge. No super celebrities, but some known and respected names in the field all made speeches/presentations.  It was about the information.

Well, I'd like to think it was about the information.  It also gives me a chance to see how people are when not in front of a camera.  A lot of TV personalities cause me to change the channel.  I'd like to see for myself how they really are.  Plus I want a Tshirt that says, "No Ghosts Allowed In".

Could be fun.
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#6 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:16 AM

I'd love to go to one of these! It would be a good place to share knowledge and experiences, tips and tricks, and help people if they need assistance.... well that's what I'd think I'd get out of a paracon!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users