• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ratterlin

Ratterlin

Apport

• GS Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:07 PM

Okay, here goes what happened a few days ago. I was in the bathroom washing my hands at about 11-12pm and was absentmindedly whistling. After a few seconds, I stopped. Then, I heard from across the hall, where my room that I share with my step-sister, the sound of someone whistle a few notes. I whistled back, and heard it again. Now, it was late and i was the only one awake, except for my step sis on the other side of the house. No one in our house could have been in our room whistling when I was.

I would have totally forgot about the experiance until something else happened. My sis and I were in the office, online as usual, and she said that she couldnt whistle. Then she tried to, and actually managed to get a whistle out. About 10 minutes later, we both heard another whistle come from the same part of the house.

I asked my mom if there could be any logical reason as to why we heard the whistling sound. All she said that she could think of was that the air conditioning sometimes made a hissing sound in the bathroom. But a hissing is not a whistle, and we could not have heard it coming from our room if the hissing was in the bathroom.

Does anybody have any idea as to what might be happening (besides a ghost that likes to whistle) or have any logical reason as to why my step sis and I both heard the same thing? Thanks for reading this and even more thanks if you understood any of it..
IPB Image

#2 dlynch343

dlynch343

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE(Ratterlin @ Jul 21 2005, 07:07 PM)
Okay, here goes what happened a few days ago. I was in the bathroom washing my hands at about 11-12pm and was absentmindedly whistling. After a few seconds, I stopped. Then, I heard from across the hall, where my room that I share with my step-sister, the sound of someone whistle a few notes. I whistled back, and heard it again. Now, it was late and i was the only one awake, except for my step sis on the other side of the house. No one in our house could have been in our room whistling when I was.

I would have totally forgot about the experiance until something else happened. My sis and I were in the office, online as usual, and she said that she couldnt whistle. Then she tried to, and actually managed to get a whistle out. About 10 minutes later, we both heard another whistle come from the same part of the house.

I asked my mom if there could be any logical reason as to why we heard the whistling sound. All she said that she could think of was that the air conditioning sometimes made a hissing sound in the bathroom. But a hissing is not a whistle, and we could not have heard it coming from our room if the hissing was in the bathroom.

Does anybody have any idea as to what might be happening (besides a ghost that likes to whistle) or have any logical reason as to why my step sis and I both heard the same thing? Thanks for reading this and even more thanks if you understood any of it..

I dont no if this is a logical idea but maybe a window was open and it maybe was windy out side and it was blowing agasit the window and making the sound pinch.gif
'Ghosts are there all you need is faith'

#3 ZeroHaven

ZeroHaven

Ghoul

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:Keeping it real, verifying, debunking, witnessing, experience, knowledge

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:02 AM

possible "logical" explanations
1.  a bird outside, perhaps nested under an awning.  Birds often answer back to human whistles.
2.  a delayed echo.  highly unlikely, but given a house with two floors or more it is possible that certain frequencies can bounce back after a second or two.

#4 demonight

demonight

Apport

• False Positive
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(ZeroHaven @ Jul 22 2005, 05:02 AM)
possible "logical" explanations
1.  a bird outside, perhaps nested under an awning.  Birds often answer back to human whistles.
2.  a delayed echo.  highly unlikely, but given a house with two floors or more it is possible that certain frequencies can bounce back after a second or two.

ok many houses have air vents that open into every room (bathroom, living room, etc.) and sometimes if there is a tv on you can hear it alll the way from the other side of the house because it echos through the metal in the vents and travels into the room.  Many times i have done the same thing, like my brother would be in the living room and i would be on the other side of the house and i would think i hear voices but it turns out it's just the tv...

as for the whistling back, i don't know but maybe it was just a coincedince(Spelling?) or maybe... YOU HAVE A GHOST AHHH!! OOH! AHH! sorry... i like to randomly scream...

#5 Guest_Dark Angel_*

Guest_Dark Angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2005 - 04:34 PM

Have you ever noticed any other odd things happening in your home?  Ghosts can sometimes be playful, and this could very well be the case, if nothing natural checks out.  Maybe you should try taking photos of the area you hear the whistling from when you do hear it.

#6 Raskar Kapak

Raskar Kapak

Incubus

• False Positive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:46 PM

Interesting, I have a whistler ghost here (he likes to burp too lol), so if you don't find a logical explanation, I belive this is a whistling ghost in your house. smile.gif

#7 Ratterlin

Ratterlin

Apport

• GS Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for all the ideas. The open window, second floor echoing and bird nest arent really possible for reasons such as we dont keep windows open, we have a one story house, and there arent any birds nests around our house unless they are invisible.

I have noticed small things around the house, but I've always seen things around. Things like moving mists/shadows, small noises, and general feelings of uneasyness and being watched.

I should get a camera soon to take pics of my new bedroom set, so I will take some extra ones just to make sure. (That is where the whistling has been heard from.)

Thanks for the help with the possible logical explanations! If anyone has anything else, it would be greatly appreciated. =happy.gif=
IPB Image

#8 LadyTimeLord

LadyTimeLord

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 01:14 AM

my great grandfathers ghost use to whistle when he haunted this house.

I dream I'm this adventurer. This daredevil, a madman. The Doctor, I'm called. And last night, I dreamt that you were there. As my companion.
~
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful
~
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-of-effect...but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff.

#9 dlynch343

dlynch343

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE(Ratterlin @ Jul 22 2005, 06:58 PM)
Thanks for all the ideas. The open window, second floor echoing and bird nest arent really possible for reasons such as we dont keep windows open, we have a one story house, and there arent any birds nests around our house unless they are invisible.

I have noticed small things around the house, but I've always seen things around. Things like moving mists/shadows, small noises, and general feelings of uneasyness and being watched.

I should get a camera soon to take pics of my new bedroom set, so I will take some extra ones just to make sure. (That is where the whistling has been heard from.)

Thanks for the help with the possible logical explanations! If anyone has anything else, it would be greatly appreciated. =happy.gif=

OOPS my bad  dry.gif  pinch.gif  Now that it cant be a a window or something i guess it is a ghost (lol)
'Ghosts are there all you need is faith'

#10 mesocyclonef5

mesocyclonef5

Demon

• False Positive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Trained Skywarn Stormspotter/chaser for the NWS in Shreveport LA.<br />Founder and lead investigator in the E.TX area for a paranormal group.

Posted 23 July 2005 - 11:32 AM

do a very hard check of the house.if you have an attic,go up there and search hard for anything that could be there to produce a sound whether it be the air condition to a mouse moving around.once done,check around the window for leaks or light shining throw the leaks.if you see that there is none.than check to see if it is not coming from the vents from the air condition.
once you rule out ALL possiable events,then in the room(s)that you and your sis hear the sounds,set up (at different times of the day for comparison) an camcord on nightshot and start doing recording the area.if you want (with your sis),try to do the evp testing infront of the camera.maybe you can capture both the evp and whatever/whoever is in your house on both at the same time.
but when you two do the evp,make sure you document every little sound you two hear right then and there  to rule out the real and not real.

"If  you want to live life on your own terms,you gotta be willing to crash and burn"-MOTLEY CRUE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users