• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 the_gray_jester

the_gray_jester

Maniacal Metalhead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Parapsychology, Metal music, Photography, Writing, reading, and investigating.

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:00 AM

they used to scare me when i was young,  but they aways facinated me.  i still love putting two mirrors face-to-face and atching them reflect for eternity.

but nowadays,  the scaryest thing i see in the mirror is when i wake up and my hair is all poofy.
Posted Image

#22 spookymatchbox

spookymatchbox

Anomaly

• False Positive
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 08:52 AM

i dont like looking into mirrors when it's dark in the room, but in the light i dont mind them one bit wink.gif
user posted image

Official Rejects site : The Devil's Rejects

R.I.P. Matthew McGrory

#23 Guest_blkhmster_*

Guest_blkhmster_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2005 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE(chrissyee @ Jul 28 2005, 09:12 AM)
Too many bad movies people...TV screens scare me.

View Post

i avoid looking at our tv screen when it's dark in our room...there've been several incidents with "monty" when our big screen here in the living room has been turned on or off during the middle of the night and other times when a display on the tv down in our room has come on all on it's own. i can't even mimic with the remote or buttons on the front of the tv, what the display looks like...after learning about itc's, i just avoid looking at it at night, ha ha.

#24 Lianachan

Lianachan

Residual Haunting

• False Positive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE(the_gray_jester @ Jul 28 2005, 03:00 PM)
i still love putting two mirrors face-to-face and atching them reflect for eternity.

Whatever you do, don't get between them - they'll sook the soul right out of you!

QUOTE(the_gray_jester @ Jul 28 2005, 03:00 PM)
but nowadays,  the scaryest thing i see in the mirror is when i wake up and my hair is all poofy.

I love the differences in language between opposite sides of the water, I really do.  Two sides of the Atlantic, separated by a common language.

Edited by Lianachan, 28 July 2005 - 09:13 AM.

I apologise unreservedly. I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, was in no way fair comment and was motivated purely by malice. I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#25 Guest_blkhmster_*

Guest_blkhmster_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:18 AM

are you saying y'all don't use the word "poofy" in scotland lian laugh.gif

#26 Lianachan

Lianachan

Residual Haunting

• False Positive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE(eblkhm @ Jul 28 2005, 06:18 PM)
are you saying y'all don't use the word "poofy" in scotland lian laugh.gif

View Post

We most certainly do, but in rather different circumstances...  Having said that, I'm just assuming!  It could have exactly the meaning I read!
I apologise unreservedly. I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, was in no way fair comment and was motivated purely by malice. I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#27 Guest_blkhmster_*

Guest_blkhmster_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:39 AM

i'm almost afraid to ask what the meaning is in scotland ... here it means sticking up and out and ..well... poofy laugh.gif

#28 shel227

shel227

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:53 AM

Some mirrors I hate lookin in and some I dont, it can be different everytime, but in my house I always seem to get creeped out by something.  Even if it is just a tv screen, something in my head screams "Get out of here"  I hate that, I don't know if it's myself creeping me out or if it is something else. Oh well I guess tongue.gif
Shel

#29 OldTimeRadio

OldTimeRadio

Orb

• GS Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

I am 70 years old and have been akittish about mirrors at night for as long as I can remember - which is back to about age two.

Come to think of it I'm not all that crazy about mirrors even in the daytime.

#30 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

At night I am. For no good reason that I'm aware of. I'm always half convinced I'm going to see something behind me in the mirror. Since I've seen ghosts most of my life, its not that much of a surprise.

#31 Ghuoest

Ghuoest

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

I sometimes look at reflections to see if i can see anything paranormal. A person i knew once told me the reason why the mirrors in his home were all covered was because his family kept seeing ghosts in them.

#32 Vlawde

Vlawde

Resident Grumpy Old Married Man Prone To Senior Moments

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

I doubt mirrors have any supernatural powers. Just like still water, they simply reflect what is there. No problems with mirrors, except looking at myself in the morning is pretty scary

Posted ImagePosted Image

Pacific Paranormal Research Association: Documenting the paranormal and providing solutions to the living and the dead (and whatever else!)

Pacific Paranormal Research Association Myspace Page

Vlawdes Myspace Page

#33 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Vlawde, I agree. The mirror is jut an object, just like all other objects. Strangely, I think the mirror can reveal things we can't see with the naked eye. Rather the way cameras can.

#34 Masquerade

Masquerade

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Family, friends, ghosts, learning new things, reading, photography, nature.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

I love mirrors and have them hung to reflect sunlight/fixture light in our house which tends to be on the dark side.  Mirror reflections don't bother me but looking out windows at night does...thanks to my brother and his friends pulling a prank on me when we were kids.  They scared me so bad my vision did the jerky triple zoom in  you see in movies "terror vision" Lol

#35 Vlawde

Vlawde

Resident Grumpy Old Married Man Prone To Senior Moments

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 16 April 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Vlawde, I agree. The mirror is jut an object, just like all other objects. Strangely, I think the mirror can reveal things we can't see with the naked eye. Rather the way cameras can.

From my point of view, cameras and mirrors are similar inasmuch as both can show things that arent there...because of illusions. Odd stuff or smudges reflecting in mirrors, and camera glitches and normal stuff thats mistaken for something else

Posted ImagePosted Image

Pacific Paranormal Research Association: Documenting the paranormal and providing solutions to the living and the dead (and whatever else!)

Pacific Paranormal Research Association Myspace Page

Vlawdes Myspace Page

#36 Plagued

Plagued

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

meh, i like looking in mirrors, then again i am an egotist XD

#37 chips1310

chips1310

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:All things spooky

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

When in bed reading or even watching tv i have to have mirrors facing away from me,theres something unerving about catching your reflection out of the corner of your eye,think this goes waaaayyy baaaccckk to watching a certain Hammer House of Horror movie when i was a kid.

:cwy:
Ignorance is refusing to believe what we dont understand

#38 priestessblue

priestessblue

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostBigdeezy75deezy, on 27 July 2005 - 09:19 AM, said:

I have a fear of looking at mirrors at night does anybody else have this fear
I do find mirrors chilling. I think that Raymond Moody wrote a book about scrying that garnered
some attention awhile back. If you look into them for a long time, it's like your appearance
alters in some way.
[font="Tahoma"]I'm one of those regular weird people.
Janis Joplin

#39 Nort Thalem

Nort Thalem

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

I typicly dont like mirrors as much at night, but as long as they are in a lit room I dont think I mind so much. I absolutley will not have a window uncovered at night though, had a rather nasty apparition on the outside of my window one night, and it was there for a good hour at least. As far as I know it was there the whole night and never saw it after that, I grabbed a blanket and slept on the couch.

#40 Deathcon4

Deathcon4

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Only my bathroom mirrors and my T.V in my room that  I do. For the bathroom mirrors its, because we have a mirror on the door then a mirror on the cabinet. So when you're washing your hands you can see your entire back head to toe. I always have this feeling (night or day) that my reflection will turn around while I'm looking at one of the mirrors. I know that won't happen. Still....you never know.

My T.V.....that's just because one night I woke up and had a nice face staring right back at me from it. I know it's probably because I was half asleep. Still dreaming somewhat. But that was a mighty shock to the system. This T.V is now always on when I'm in my room. Lol.

Yeh first post :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users