• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 thedeadwalk2nite

thedeadwalk2nite

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:Zombies mainly. You could probably tell by my member name. Anyways like horror movies, talking to friends, breathing...the usual. I started to like ghosts after I saw the previews for the movie "White Noise" and so yeah now I come here and see other people's photos of ghosts to see if they are real or not.

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:33 PM

It has happened to me a lot. Ever since I moved into my old house (I just moved to Austin about a few months ago and I am still getting used to it.) But just a few nights ago, I was asleep (and I am usually a light sleeper sometimes) and I wasn't having a dream or anything.

But I woke up...well I didn't wake up, I sort of just sat up and I was still asleep...and I heard myself start talking to the corner of my bed. I was talking to this old man with a shotgun and finally the old man stopped talking and I heard myself kept on saying "Hello? Are you there? Talk to me." And I woke up and I turned on the lights and nobody was in the room except for me and it was like 2:00 in the morning.

Remember, I wasn't dreaming. I remember most of my dreams and I knew I wasn't dreaming when I started talking to the guy.

Do you think I was talking back to supposedly a ghost without me really knowing it? We built our house so there couldn't be anything paranormal in it, but could it have been somebody who died near our house before the neighborhood was built? Or was it just my imagination?

Is it really true that ghosts can talk to us in our sleep and we can talk back without us knowing it?

I saw this on the Sixth Sense and I have talked in my sleep a lot, but could it have been me talking to a ghost?

Edited by thedeadwalk2nite, 16 August 2005 - 04:34 PM.

DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK.
BE AFRAID OF WHAT'S IN IT.

My Myspace

#2 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:26 PM

I have read about a lot of cases were ghost speak to the sleeping

#3 tex-dingo

tex-dingo

Orb

• False Positive
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:55 PM

yep sounds downright frightnin to me.

#4 rhiannon444

rhiannon444

Banshee

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:57 PM

Not trying to scare you, but new houses can still have spirits in them. Walk throughs and those tied to the land. Or if you are sensitive they will find you, family may find you too. Objects can have attachments. Lots of things. Do you remember what you were talking about? Or what the 'just' of the conversation was? Did he look like a hunter?
user posted image

EMILY & THE KITTIES ROCK!!!

#5 thedeadwalk2nite

thedeadwalk2nite

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:Zombies mainly. You could probably tell by my member name. Anyways like horror movies, talking to friends, breathing...the usual. I started to like ghosts after I saw the previews for the movie "White Noise" and so yeah now I come here and see other people's photos of ghosts to see if they are real or not.

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE(rhiannon444 @ Aug 16 2005, 07:57 PM)
Not trying to scare you, but new houses can still have spirits in them. Walk throughs and those tied to the land. Or if you are sensitive they will find you, family may find you too. Objects can have attachments. Lots of things. Do you remember what you were talking about? Or what the 'just' of the conversation was? Did he look like a hunter?

View Post

If I can remember, I think he was wearing an Indiana Jones hat or something similar to it, and he was in western clothing and was holding a shotgun. I can't really remember what his face looked like, but I am thinking that it was a cowboy or someone.

I can't really remember what we were talking about. It was when I sat up when he stopped talking. If he were a ghost, and saw me sat up, he could have thought I was awake and stopped talking. I don't know.

But that is all I can remember. I will try and think harder.

Edited by thedeadwalk2nite, 17 August 2005 - 02:06 PM.

My Myspace

#6 Guest_blkhmster_*

Guest_blkhmster_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:50 PM

could've been .... my late grandmother and a cousin both talk to me in my dreams, they're interactive and i can ask questions and get answers from them, so i know they're not just regular dreams.... last month when my stepmother in law fell into a diabetic coma, someone grabbed my shoulder and said "beth", i told them that i was tired and was going to back to sleep and they needed to go back to where they came from..that i wasn't going to talk right now...hubby heard the whole thing and said that my side of the bed was colder than the rest of the room ... the next day we found out that my stepmother in law had been in a coma at that time (she later woke up and is still alive)...she remembers absolutely nothing of when she was out...so i've wondered about that...

do some research on the land where you're living...texas is rich with violent history (although i don't think ghosts have to have died violently to stick around)...i'm interested in hearing anything you might find out smile.gif

#7 thedeadwalk2nite

thedeadwalk2nite

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(eblkhm @ Aug 17 2005, 03:50 PM)
do some research on the land where you're living...texas is rich with violent history (although i don't think ghosts have to have died violently to stick around)...i'm interested in hearing anything you might find out smile.gif

View Post

I will try that. If I do find anything, I will immediately post it up here.

My Myspace

#8 thedeadwalk2nite

thedeadwalk2nite

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:10 PM

I'm just thinking that it could be someone from the Alamo or something? Even though that is in San Antonio, could some people who have started walking to the Alamo from Austin die from some sort of a disease?

Talking about this kind of stuff is making me more interested in who I have been talking to in my sleep for the past few months... blink.gif

My Myspace

#9 rhiannon444

rhiannon444

Banshee

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:33 PM

I asked those questions just wondering if the gun was meant for you or if it was a prop to his ghostly personality. Sounds like a prop.

I have only heard my name called out in the past. The first time just as I was dozing off to sleep, after a long tring trip.(i thought that was my grandpa who had past that year) The other times were just odd times. The most recent being year before last at a family reunion. I heard my name said in my ear. It was a spaceous room but had about 50 family members in it. I figured I was hearing one of them say my name. (mans voice). About an hour later, I was in our sleeping cabin with just my mom and Aunt and heard it again. I was in the middle of a sentence and stoped...looked around. All the men were at the cafateria (where I had heard the first name called). I told mom and Aunt what I'd heard, they thought it may have been my uncle that had passed within the past year (their bro in law)or any number of male uncles and father who have passed in the last 5 years, but that wasn't may feeling this time. I could kick myself for not saying "YES" or something. AFTER it happens I ALWAYS think that I should have answered the voice...like they did in the bible. But it always catches me off guard!
user posted image

EMILY & THE KITTIES ROCK!!!

#10 Daemon

Daemon

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, music, cars, astronomy, and well you if you're cute, heh heh.

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:43 PM

How do you know a ghost is talking to you when you are asleep? Better yet how do you rule out a dream? You don't remember all dreams. In fact you don't remember most of your dreams.

You said yourself you woke up but you were still asleep. I say you were caught in a dream.
Posted Image

#11 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:59 PM

A waking dream perhaps. I am a beleiver that a great deal of ghost and alien sightings are the results of waking dreams

#12 Erinwolfrus

Erinwolfrus

Ectoplasm

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Humor, the paranormal, animals, mythology, symbolism, music...<br /><br />blah, too many to list :)

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:37 PM

Yeah, I'm scared about that too. Talking to someone while I'm asleep and not remembering it.

Because I'll say something which sounds perfectly alright at the time because it's like I'm hearing this noise which sounds like a crowd or something and I end up waking myself up.

This has happened a few times and it disturbs me that it could be something paranormal. But I doubt it has anything to do with that. Probably my mind.

Join FNORD the FNORD Discordians!
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there. With open arms, and open eyes.

#13 Daemon

Daemon

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, music, cars, astronomy, and well you if you're cute, heh heh.

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE(Erinwolfrus @ Aug 18 2005, 02:37 AM)
Yeah, I'm scared about that too. Talking to someone while I'm asleep and not remembering it.

Because I'll say something which sounds perfectly alright at the time because it's like I'm hearing this noise which sounds like a crowd or something and I end up waking myself up.

This has happened a few times and it disturbs me that it could be something paranormal. But I doubt it has anything to do with that. Probably my mind.

View Post

Everybody talks in their sleep. Whats so spooky about it?
Posted Image

#14 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:07 AM

some people sing

#15 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Disembodied Voice

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 01:52 AM

a friend of mine swears in his sleep!! tongue.gif
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#16 Daemon

Daemon

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:42 AM

While I was taking French in hs, I would always speak in French in my sleep.
Posted Image

#17 Guest_blkhmster_*

Guest_blkhmster_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:06 AM

GI: i know for a fact i'm talking to my grandmother in my dreams...when i asked her a question that i didn't know the answer to, but knew she would know the answer..and also know i could easily find out the answer to it afterwards....i asked her how much my uncle weighed at birth..something i wouldn't know but could find out...she said 6 pounds 9 ounces...i asked my uncle later that day he said 6 pounds 9 ounces ... the last dream i had of her talking to me she was handing me things off of the walls of her house, things i'd never seen before..she said that she thought my uncle had taken care of these things and she didn't know where they had come from...when i had relayed the dream to my mother, i found out that her house had been sold a month or two earlier and had new residents...would explain the things she was handing to me and them not looking familiar...i have very lucid dreams, can control my dreams and when i can actively interact with people that i know to be dead..chances are they are dead and they are communcating with me... just saying this so that you aren't so quick to discount these types of experiences smile.gif

#18 Witchy

Witchy

EVP

• False Positive
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:i love wicca and paranormal things. drawing, hanging out wiht friends. owyeah! and i love wolves!

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:54 AM

i have no idea. i never heard about suhc things....

#19 thedeadwalk2nite

thedeadwalk2nite

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:Zombies mainly. You could probably tell by my member name. Anyways like horror movies, talking to friends, breathing...the usual. I started to like ghosts after I saw the previews for the movie &quot;White Noise&quot; and so yeah now I come here and see other people's photos of ghosts to see if they are real or not.

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:03 PM

My question is, though, is that how are you able to hear ghosts when you are asleep, but rarely people hear voices when they are awake without voice recorders?

My Myspace

#20 Guest_blkhmster_*

Guest_blkhmster_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:40 PM

when you're asleep your subconscious is relaxed and more apt to receive that info.... occassionally i hear what i believe is the little girl ghost in our house, but it's very faint and i'm awake at the time... try sitting in a room when you think you feel that presence and ask if anyone is there and would like to communicate...can't hurt smile.gif

Edited by eblkhm, 18 August 2005 - 02:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users