25 replies to this topic

#1 LordT6

LordT6

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Computers, games, movies, music, the unknown

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:17 PM

anyone ever see or have dreamed about a figure that is in full black wearing a trench coat and a huge black hat with no visible face?

I've had dreams about this figure when I was younger and thought i've seen it one night standing outside but it disappeared.

if this has been posted before,, forgive me. I'm new to GS just wanting to share my experences and try to find answers
user posted image

#2 hanzender

hanzender

Banshee

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:musician and chef

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:40 PM

my crib was rocked at night by shadow ghosts according to my father and sister. one time my sister,home alone, went through what she thought was an earthquake but it wasn't. she saw a black figure outside her bedroom window during the whole thing. at the same time my mother came home, still pregnant with me, and couldn't open the door. my father ran around back and didn't see a black figure but did see the bedrrom shaking to the point that all the pictures were falling off the walls. thank god he saw because my mother would have killed my sister thinking that she did destroyed the room.

i've seen maybe 4 or 5 black figures in my life. they're are real. in my opinion they are not happy (someone will dispute that). if you are dreaming of it then it has shown an interest in you. if you want it gone then tell it so. it may sound ridiculous but it works. tell it firmly, not in a ridiculing way, that he needs to leave, he doesn't belong here, and that there is a better place. you will not let him hurt you.

then picture a white light in your head. picture it in your chest. i know it sounds sappy but think happy thoughts. then picture the light growing. growing to the point that it fills your entire room. walk into the next room and do the same. then the next. and so on. the picture the entire residence is filled with this white light. this light will push the spirit out of your house. it's simple and effective.

yes, i've had to do this.
tempus fujit

#3 T.K.

T.K.

Ectoplasm

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:I love to read and goof around on the computer with different design programs. I enjoy driving my car although I wish I had a classic and not just an old car. lol. I've gotten into watching the World Series of Poker on tv and even playing a bit myself. I'm also a former proffessional actress, off broadway, nothing serious. And of course I love ghost hunting!

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:22 AM

not with a trench coat, but i have seen what looked like a full body apparition all in black while we were on a hunt.
IPB Image

Think of how to use it!

#4 Raskar Kapak

Raskar Kapak

Incubus

• False Positive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:47 AM

LordT6, what you are talking about looks just like a shadow ghost. The one you saw at the window was probably for real. I've never heard they could appear in dreams though.

You will find more informations about shadows here:

Shadow page on Ghost Study

There is also a thread about them here :

Shadow People

#5 AugustineGStudy

AugustineGStudy

Creeping Death

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,455 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE(LordT6 @ Sep 8 2005, 01:17 AM)
anyone ever see or have dreamed about a figure that is in full black wearing a trench coat and a huge black hat with no visible face?

View Post

Yes!!!!

I don't know if you're familiar with sleep paralysis, but I've had it off and on for most of my life.  And the majority of the dreams that I have during an SP episode involve a man in a black trench coat and black fedora hat that hides his face from view.  He looks like a 1930s gangster.  In the dream, he comes into the room from outside, walks over to where I am laying (unable to move--hence the term sleep paralysis), and touches my shoulder.  His hand is very cold, and this cold tingle radiates out through my body from the place he touched me.  At that point, I wake up.

Lord T6, have you ever had sleep paralysis?

Kate

Posted Image

Many thanks to SilentWalkerGStudy for the awesome banner!

#6 Caesar

Caesar

Board Punk

• False Positive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(LordT6 @ Sep 7 2005, 09:17 PM)

I've had dreams about this figure when I was younger and thought i've seen it one night standing outside but it disappeared.

if this has been posted before,, forgive me. I'm new to GS just wanting to share my experences and try to find answers

View Post

I haven't seen it but so many others have. this doesn't sound like the good verson of it. we have a few posts about it. its a form of a shadow ghosts.

heres one thread about it
http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index...showtopic=11947

heres the other thread
http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13
Be Good!

#7 LordT6

LordT6

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(Kate518 @ Sep 9 2005, 06:13 PM)
Yes!!!!

I don't know if you're familiar with sleep paralysis, but I've had it off and on for most of my life.  And the majority of the dreams that I have during an SP episode involve a man in a black trench coat and black fedora hat that hides his face from view.  He looks like a 1930s gangster.  In the dream, he comes into the room from outside, walks over to where I am laying (unable to move--hence the term sleep paralysis), and touches my shoulder.  His hand is very cold, and this cold tingle radiates out through my body from the place he touched me.  At that point, I wake up.

Lord T6, have you ever had sleep paralysis?

Kate

View Post

'
that sounds just like the guy i've dreamed about, i've had many times where I get sleep paralysis,, even sometimes feels like a part of me is leaving my body and i'm fighting to hold it. its very weird. I've woke up with scratchs on my body once when i was younger from a dream that i dont remember all that much but i remember a huge rusty iron type gate and somekind of demon/monster things everywhere... it was weird but thats a different story all together... ph34r.gif
user posted image

#8 HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,304 posts
  • Interests:Reading, hanging with my best girl (my daughter), hanging with my best guy, hockey, music, the paranormal, and RHPS

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE(LordT6 @ Sep 9 2005, 11:22 PM)
'it was weird but thats a different story all together... ph34r.gif

View Post

Ooooooo!!! Do share!!! Is the black trech coat entity your first paranormal experience?

Posted Image

Dr. Egon Spengler: I'm worried, Ray. All my readings point to something big on the horizon.
Winston Zeddemore: What do you mean, big?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's reading, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.
Winston Zeddemore: That's a big Twinkie.

#9 LordT6

LordT6

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(HelenaHandBaskettGStudy @ Sep 9 2005, 11:29 PM)
Ooooooo!!! Do share!!! Is the black trech coat entity your first paranormal experience?

View Post

I cannot remember that dream that left marks on my body all that well... that or something inside me doesn't want to remember. not sure...

I'm not really sure what was my first paranormal expreience... ever since i can remember i've been interesting in such things from paranormal to the occult and wanted  answers.

i've had many dreams like the ones i've talked about so far... mostly when i was younger but i still wake up in the middle of the night like i'm not myself or feeling as if something is pulling me/pushing me not my body but inside/spirt wise. I cannot explain this feeling but it feels like i start to fall/fade away from myself kind of like drowning and I fight back and come back. thats the best i can explain it,, i'm not sure what i'm dreaming when that happens everything is black yet i'm awake...

i've always been the type if i see something strage happening i'll go in and see what it is instead of running away. thats happened once w/ me and some friends messing with occult type things,, lots of weird things happened and as everyone ran out of the dark room we were in i walked into the back room where the noses of somethign was at to see if i can see it... it was nothing...

ph34r.gif

user posted image

#10 Guest_Jennifer_8_*

Guest_Jennifer_8_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:15 AM

I had a dream with a guy in a black trenchcoat as well, except I saw a face and no hat.

#11 ghosthunter

ghosthunter

Banshee

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:16 AM

There should be laws banning anyone who is not over 25 a detective/private-eye/secret agent or solved at least one murder case to wear trenchcoats

i hate seeing them kids looking stupid in those things

not that thats in anyway connected to your dream....try thinkin "this is MY dream I can do whatever I want in MY dreams" while your dreamin and then give yourself a plasma gun and blow his donkey to hell

Edited by ghosthunter, 14 September 2005 - 09:29 AM.

#12 LordT6

LordT6

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE(ghosthunter @ Sep 14 2005, 11:16 AM)
There should be laws banning anyone who is not over 25 a detective/private-eye/secret agent or solved at least one murder case to wear trenchcoats

i hate seeing them kids looking stupid in those things

not that thats in anyway connected to your dream....try thinkin "this is MY dream I can do whatever I want in MY dreams" while your dreamin and then give yourself a plasma gun and blow his donkey to hell

View Post

I didn't just dream it but seen it while i was awake.

I have good control over my dreams,, i know this sounds weird,, but i can stop a dream or rewind it somehow and change it to my liking... you dont have to believe me, i know it sounds really weird. Most people have a hard time believing that i can do that.. sometimes i wonder how i do... oh well..

cool.gif

user posted image

#13 ghosthunter

ghosthunter

Banshee

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE(LordT6 @ Sep 14 2005, 05:51 PM)
I didn't just dream it but seen it while i was awake.

I have good control over my dreams,, i know this sounds weird,, but i can stop a dream or rewind it somehow and change it to my liking... you dont have to believe me, i know it sounds really weird. Most people have a hard time believing that i can do that.. sometimes i wonder how i do... oh well..

cool.gif

View Post

maybe I was thinkin of a wrong thread...sorry it happens sometimes I havenīt gotten a lot of sleeps this week
EDIT:ok readi t again see what you mean

I was able to conrtol y dream once, I was in a mall an there were people chasing me then I realised "this is really stupid I must be dreamin" then I deceided to fly so I flew over the wall and shot bulelts out of my fingers.....that was really really really fun

Edited by ghosthunter, 16 September 2005 - 01:53 PM.

#14 doodlebug

doodlebug

Ghoststudy's Pest

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 02:13 PM

View Post

This actually sounds closer to the shadow ghost seen in my family than anything else I've heard!  The one that I saw had a wider hat than the fedora that everyone else reports.  Almost to the point of being a floppy hat....like one of those big straw hats older ladies wear when gardening, for lack of a better reference.

Did anything important (good or bad) happen in your after seeing him?  I'm kinda tossing around the theory that it is a messenger of some sort....
IPB Image
Thanks Helena!
Troublemaker #2  Look!!  A chicken!!

#15 Ghost_Hunter13

Ghost_Hunter13

Demon

• False Positive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • Interests:Going to cemeterys, old houses, Historic battefields, shipwrecks, Crashed plane sites, and taking names on halo 2

Posted 16 September 2005 - 03:26 PM

I saw one on a hunt and i got super freaked! chhach... HAHAHAHAHAHAH i'm sorry but I said super freaked!

#16 LordT6

LordT6

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE(doodlebug @ Sep 16 2005, 04:13 PM)
This actually sounds closer to the shadow ghost seen in my family than anything else I've heard!  The one that I saw had a wider hat than the fedora that everyone else reports.  Almost to the point of being a floppy hat....like one of those big straw hats older ladies wear when gardening, for lack of a better reference.

Did anything important (good or bad) happen in your after seeing him?  I'm kinda tossing around the theory that it is a messenger of some sort....

View Post

i'm not sure if you know the manga book called Hellsing, the main charcter in there has a hat like the shadow trench coat thing i saw.

i dont remember anything really happening. But i could of just overlooked it maybe.. who knows...

i haven't seen a shadow ghost like that since after that day.

user posted image

#17 jlf71

jlf71

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:56 PM

View Post

I have seen this exact same thing, as well as my son!

#18 Campfire

Campfire

Ghostlight

• False Positive
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(Kate518 @ Sep 9 2005, 06:13 PM)
Yes!!!!

I don't know if you're familiar with sleep paralysis, but I've had it off and on for most of my life. 
Kate

View Post

I've experienced this many times.  About a year and a half ago I was just falling asleep around 4:00am.  I suddenly felt the blankets tighten around me. It felt as if someone had sat down on my back as I lay on my belly.  I tried for what seemed like forever to move. Finally after what really was only about 30 seconds, I think, I  finally broke free. Nobody was there. The rest of the family was sound asleep. I turned the light on and stayed up until the sun came up!
The blankets tightening around me was the real scary part. I know I didn't imagine it. ph34r.gif
IPB Image

FREE FORMS FOR GHOST INVESTIGATIONS-REVISED
http://www.angelfire.com/in4/forestfotos/

#19 hauntedhermite

hauntedhermite

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 06:04 PM

kinda though i didnt dream of the guy i saw him when i was rudely awakened by something. not sure but it felt like something hit maye bumped into what i was sleeping on. when i looked  up i saw this man standing there trench coat hat looking down at me. he tipped his hat as if apologizing for waking me then he simply just vanshied it happened in all of four seconds.
IPB Image

#20 cleyranratgirl

cleyranratgirl

Ghoul

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Any art that reveals what is hidden (numerology, astrology, psychology, palmistry, hypnosis, etc.) Japanese food, manga/anime, cats, corsets, coincidences, techno or rock music (although I mostly gave up on music long ago), play station games... that's all I can think of for now.

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:39 PM

this story totally reminds me of a ghost story i read in a book about new england hauntings. I totally forgot where this was, but in a port town somewhere there was a freakishly tall (some accounts say up to eight feet tall) figure in a hat and black cape that would jump out in front of miscellaneous people. One woman fainted it was such a scary sight, and another man challenged the being only to be sent flying by a  vicious slap the thing unleashed on him. The police had an encounter with it chasing it out of a school yard. They had it cornered, but it vaulted effortlessly over a 12 foot tall fence.  blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users