6 replies to this topic

#1 Campfire

Campfire

Ghostlight

• False Positive
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

Do you believe asking a ghost to reveal itself is a good idea or not.  I have believed for a long time that  there is an entity here but I'm not sure.   Could asking a ghost to reveal itself open up something that I don't want to mess with?
IPB Image

FREE FORMS FOR GHOST INVESTIGATIONS-REVISED
http://www.angelfire.com/in4/forestfotos/

#2 Guest_Madidus_*

Guest_Madidus_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 11:58 PM

Well Campfire... the way I look at it is this... if there is an entity in your house, you are already as open to it as you are going to be... you didn't invite it there, but there it is, and it will already do or has done as it pleases... I don't see how asking it to show itself to you will hurt at all... one of three things should happen.. either there is nothing there and it won't do anything, there is something there and it either chooses not to or cannot manifest, or there is something there and it will respond and show itself to you... If you want to take a shot and hope that it will confirm its existance... why not give it a shot..!

Edited by Madidus, 09 February 2006 - 11:59 PM.

#3 Guest_TheresaRHPS_*

Guest_TheresaRHPS_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:13 AM

That's a really personal decision. Assuming there is an entity, if you ask it to make itself known, you're acknowledging it and it may take that as an invitation for some serious activity to begin. If you truly don't think you can handle it, maybe you shouldn't ask for it to show itself.

More realistically, though, I don't think anything is going to happen. If it wanted to make itself known to you, it would have already I imagine. Probably just doesn't have enough energy to do too much. But yeah, that's all I can say without starting to quote Madidus, LOL.

#4 cafemex

cafemex

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Interests:The unexplained (for lack of a better term), computers, traveling, sports, crossword puzzles, sudoku, and beer.

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:04 AM

If you're a little worried about possibly initiating a more active haunting, then perhaps a less risky request would be to ask this entity to allow you to take a picture of it (unless it has already done so). Just a thought... keep us posted on what you decide and what happens. Good luck!
"And dreams are the language of God. When he speaks in our language, I can interpret what he has said. But if he speaks in the language of the soul, it is only you who can understand"
-Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

#5 RavenWing82

RavenWing82

Anomaly

• False Positive
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE(TheresaRHPS @ Feb 10 2006, 04:13 AM) View Post

That's a really personal decision. Assuming there is an entity, if you ask it to make itself known, you're acknowledging it and it may take that as an invitation for some serious activity to begin. If you truly don't think you can handle it, maybe you shouldn't ask for it to show itself.

More realistically, though, I don't think anything is going to happen. If it wanted to make itself known to you, it would have already I imagine. Probably just doesn't have enough energy to do too much. But yeah, that's all I can say without starting to quote Madidus, LOL.

I totally agree with TheresaRHPS on this one.  I think by you asking it to show iteself, you are acknownleding it and that may cause for more activity to start taking place in your home.  If it were me, and you just suspect something is there, I would just leave it alone.  I would rather not take my chances of acknowledging it and risking alot of activity to start taking place in your home.  If it is peaceful right now, and nothing disturbing is happening, I would leave well enough alone.  If I had to make a guess though, I'd say there probably isn't anything in your home, or it doesn't have the energy to manifest itself or it probably would've already done so.
IPB Image

"We are not human beings on a spiritual jouney. We are spiritual beings on a human journey."
-Stephen R. Covey

#6 AugustineGStudy

AugustineGStudy

Escaped Lunatic Moderator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,514 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:43 PM

I would approach this with caution and respect.  EVP and photos would be a good place to start.  That way, you can politely ask questions or invite the presence to appear in the photo.  You can make it apparent that this is your preferred means of communication, and that if the visitor wants to make itself known, this is the way to do it.  As opposed to saying "hey, give me a sign" which sets no parameters and opens you up to any means the ghosts chooses to make contact.  But whenever attempting any communication with ghosts, I recommend taking measures to protect yourself before and after.

Kate

Posted Image

Now you're outside. Let my voice be your guide. Keep a steady stride. Into the Further you go...

#7 Campfire

Campfire

Ghostlight

• False Positive
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:24 PM

Thanks for all of the good advice! So far nothing has happened at all. I'll keep everybody posted if something noteworthy does happen.
Campfire biggrin.gif
IPB Image

FREE FORMS FOR GHOST INVESTIGATIONS-REVISED
http://www.angelfire.com/in4/forestfotos/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users