© Fisana

The Kelly-hopkinsville Encounter

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:05 PM

For one night in 1955 the Sutton family farmhouse was under siege, attacked by over a dozen glowing alien creatures. The close encounter became a real life war of the worlds as the farmers fought back with shotguns and rifles, though the gunfire had little effect on their other worldly attackers. They survived to tell a tale that remains controversial to this day.

The Kelly-Hopkinsville Encounter

#2 Spookkid

Spookkid

Apport

• GS Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 08:27 AM

I read this in a UFO book once, sounds very plausible.

#3 Setzer_Gabbiani

Setzer_Gabbiani

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:02 AM

I place the blame squarely on moonshine.  I like the part about surviving the event to tell thier story.  From the article I read there was no hostile action on the part of the aliens. "We come in peace.."  "Die alien scum KA-POW KA-POW" after that if I was an alien I'd spend the rest of the night messing with them too.  I still blame moonshine though.

-Setzer

#4 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE(Setzer_Gabbiani @ Dec 20 2006, 07:02 AM) View Post
I place the blame squarely on moonshine.  I like the part about surviving the event to tell thier story.  From the article I read there was no hostile action on the part of the aliens. "We come in peace.."  "Die alien scum KA-POW KA-POW" after that if I was an alien I'd spend the rest of the night messing with them too.  I still blame moonshine though.

-Setzer

LOL!! That is a very good point SG!!

#5 Guest_craig_*

Guest_craig_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2006 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE(Setzer_Gabbiani @ Dec 20 2006, 06:02 AM) View Post

-Setzer

laugh.gif
Sounds like that farm crash scene in "Back to the Future".

#6 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:04 PM

I just saw this on an episode of Creepy Canada...they even have a little bit of a write-up about it on their site:

Hopkinsville Aliens – Hopkinsville Kentucky
Join the residents of Hopkinsville Kentucky as they celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of one of the strangest UFO encounters on record. For one night in 1955 the Sutton family farmhouse was under siege, attacked by over a dozen glowing alien creatures. The close encounter became a real life war of the worlds as the farmers fought back with shotguns and rifles, though the gunfire had little effect on their other worldly attackers. They survived to tell a tale that remains controversial to this day.

Also, here is a bit of a follow-up article, (to the first one I posted).

http://www.ufocasebook.com/rememberingkelly.html

#7 Moonsong

Moonsong

Goblin

• GS Member
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:magick, Wicca, paganism, ghosts, psychic phenomena, enegy work, vampires, BEKs, psychology... you name it really...

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:19 PM

And that, my friends, is why aliens have never landed in a large population center and officially announced their presence.

"Hello earthlings!"
*shot in the face*

I'm betting that comes off as rude no matter how ineffectual your weapons are. wink.gif
Yes. Yes, I do mock you. But only with the best of intentions.

#8 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(Moonsong @ Jul 16 2007, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And that, my friends, is why aliens have never landed in a large population center and officially announced their presence.

"Hello earthlings!"
*shot in the face*

I'm betting that comes off as rude no matter how ineffectual your weapons are. wink.gif

OMG!!! I don't know if it's because I'm tired and warn out from the gym, but I sat here and laughed out loud to this for like 5 minutes!!! That's is just about the funniest thing I have ever heard! Thanks for the extra ab workout Moonsong!!

#9 Moonsong

Moonsong

Goblin

• GS Member
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:magick, Wicca, paganism, ghosts, psychic phenomena, enegy work, vampires, BEKs, psychology... you name it really...

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:45 AM

Glad to be of service. I charge 17 bucks an hour. wink.gif
Yes. Yes, I do mock you. But only with the best of intentions.

#10 Oldramen

Oldramen

EVP

• GS Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:29 AM

I have always had an intrest in the Hopkinsville-Kell thing (I live about a 10 min drive away) We hold a festival every year for it. (also home of the pshyicic guy whos name i forget. is famus though) Oh and here in Kentucky, we dont stan for illagle immagrents. Exspecially ones that come from Space.  happy0194.gif
Epic Fail. You lose all internet kind sir.

#11 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:11 AM

This story sounds a lot like the story my cousin told me when we were about 15 years old. So that would have been about 35 years ago. I thought she was BS me.

They lived in the country and her story as I remember it from back then… It was nighttime and she was getting ready for bed when she saw someone peeking in her bedroom window and she ran to her father to tell him she saw something peeking in. Her father thinking it was probably the boy that didn’t live too far from their place, ran out to confront the boy to scare the heck out of him for being a peeking tom. Instead of seeing a boy he saw a small white humanoid creature. He ran back into the house and grabbed his rifle and ran back outside and started shooting at them (typical.. shoot and ask questions later). There were 2 or 3 of them I think and they where like playing hide and go seek with my uncle. They would show themselves and when my uncle shot at them they would run away. It only lasted a little while and the last they saw of these humanoids is when 2 of them were standing beside a tree close to him and he shot at them again and they ran off.

These 2 stories sounds like aliens kids out for a joy ride and having a little fun with us humans.   tease.gif

Thought I would just share my cousins story because it sounded similar.

#12 ~=IKON=~

~=IKON=~

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:03 AM

To me, as the days go on and more and more UFO documents and sightings and cover-ups are coming out, this story and stories like these are starting to become more and more believable.  Alot of stories sound really strange, but they also come together and make sense too.  The parts that don't make sense are the UFO and aliens they saw, and thats because we are not suppose to believe they exist.  So thats what makes a story strange and unbelievable.  

There were some pretty good points made.  Why would the family ruin their house being as "country" as they were?  Why would a well known townsperson made strange claims without trying to make some sort of profit?  Just those 2 points there are pretty good for me.  

Being I have alot of family that live in the boonies, their reaction is exactly what most my family would of done.  Hear the dogs, grab the guns, see something strange, high-tail it to town for the sheriff.  So I can almost relate to how they acted in that situation and maybe that could be another reason I believe more on their side too.  

I really wish they wouldn't of shot.  Sounded like those might have been little bugger aliens that were probably onery.  I would of probably hugged one!  LOL
Ghost Investigator: 1994-Present
One day your life will flash before your eyes.  Make sure it's worth watching.
If something is 99% impossible, there is that 1% chance it could happen.
If you wake up in the morning and you feel no pain, you probably died sometime in the night

#13 Machiato

Machiato

Orb

• GS Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:57 AM

Reminds me of a little flash sketch at brakenwood...

a cute little alien is flying in space, and he's wrapping a big ribbon around three books
Telekenisis for dummies
The secret to eternal life
How to create perpetual energy

He finishes his bow, and places a tag on it "To the humans, with love The aliens"

He picks up his present, flies over New York city and while his saucer is hovering, he waves and gurgles a greeting, which is thusly met with a Missile to the face *and the THUNK of his ship, crashing, before exploding*

#14 The_free_minded_one

The_free_minded_one

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:55 PM

I don't think it was moonshine. I thinking they where growing something that you smoke.
You couldn't be, you couldn't be me even if you wanted to,
Everything I've been through. You wouldn't know
Live your life, soaking up all my sunshine,
And smile your whole life,
I wouldn't know