• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,379 posts
  • Interests:Reading, hanging with my best girl (my daughter), hanging with my best guy, hockey, music, the paranormal, and RHPS

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:34 PM

The history of the B&O Railroad corridor between Grafton and Parkersburg is illuminated with colorful stories about rail workers and the people who lived along the railroad in Harrison, Doddridge, Ritchie and Wood Counties.

The Legend of The Ghost of Silver Run Tunnel (No. 19), is one of great mystery and not easily dismissed as superstition. History has recorded several crossings of the 'lovely girl phantom' and the engineers of the old B&O Railroad. They had witnessed "a beautiful woman with raven hair and long white gown, standing in the middle of the tracks at the far end of the tunnel."

Facts substantiate, that in the late 1880s a young lady (whose name is lost to time), disappeared from the night train making her way to Parkersburg to be married. One instance had the engineer bringing his train to a screeching halt, and yet another, running his train directly through the ghostly apparition. After reaching Parkersburg, he was informed that telegraph messages from all along the line had reported "that a young woman in a white gown was riding on the cowcatcher", but no one was to be found.

This only strengthened the belief that the phantom woman did indeed exist.

You can hear the full story of the ghost of the Silver Run Tunnel at the National Trails Day Festival the first weekend of June each year at North Bend State Park.

http://www.northbendrailtrail.net/trivia.htm

http://users.wirefire.com/magick/new_page_9.htm

Posted Image

Dr. Egon Spengler: I'm worried, Ray. All my readings point to something big on the horizon.
Winston Zeddemore: What do you mean, big?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's reading, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.
Winston Zeddemore: That's a big Twinkie.

#2 Lady Sorbus

Lady Sorbus

Offical GS Headshrinker

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, history, paranormal, symbology, theatre, cinema, Knights Templar, classic cartoons (none of the rubbish out there now), shamanism and witchcraft

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:30 PM

Great story. Where do you find them all???

#3 pburgghosthunter

pburgghosthunter

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

This tunnel close to where i live and ive been there several times and i have seen the woman or at least her shadow several times my group and i are settting out soon to truely investigate the haunting if your interestd in learning more about it contact my group at www.myspace.com/parkersburgparanormal.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users