• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 sirenlight

sirenlight

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:00 AM

Picture 541.gif Two years ago my friend and I stayed at the Chateau Marmont in Hollywood. We stayed three nights and because they didn't have the room we had requested the hotel kept upgrading our room until the last night we stayed in bungalow 3. (At the time we always thought that Belushi's room was one of the small cottages by the pool.)

The place was amazing. A 50's glamour pad with sliding glass doors and it's own private garden with a direct exit out the back gate. But soon we started to get the eerie feeling we were always being watched. There was a strong feeling at the end of the hallway by the back bedroom. Neither one of us could go down the hall alone. We hardly slept a wink feeling like we weren't really alone in that bedroom. In the morning I went to take a shower and remember not wanting to look in the mirror or leave the door shut. We never saw anything but we certainly felt it.

We kind of laughed at ourselves after we left and I never really thought about it until a week ago when I tripped upon an article about Belushi's death and they show a picture of the bungalow. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I recognized the place as the same one we spent our sleepless, freaked out night. Then I read this story about a family that stayed in that room and the kid was kept up all night by "The Funny Man" and the mother couldn't look in mirror when she used the bathroom because she had the feeling she was always being watched. Years later the child identified John Belushi's picture as The Funny Man who kept him awake at night at the hotel.

#2 KISSfan

KISSfan

Ghoul

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:49 AM

Interesting story,thanks for sharing it! Definitely sounds like John,or someone paid you a visit that night.

Such a waste of talent,sad what happened to him.

RIP

~She Walks By Moonlight...~

http://forgottenontario.webs.com/

#3 Aslan

Aslan

Goblin

• False Positive
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:49 AM

wow - good story

a new chapter begins

#4 sirenlight

sirenlight

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:23 AM

Yeah, I loved him on SNL and The Blues Brothers..."How much for your women?"

I had alway assumed that he just drifted away in his sleep but after reading the article about him I realized it was a terrible death. Not the peaceful one I had imagined. Now, I am really convinced it was probably him, not because I wanted to be haunted by "Jake" (believe me it wasn't a fun night.) but it wasn't a peaceful ending. I feel places can have a residue when something terrible happens there.

I also heard that a few weeks after John Belushi's death the actress Teri Garr (she was in Young Frankenstein) and Carrie Fisher (Star Wars) were on a boat off Catalina Island. They had an Ouji board and were trying to connect Natalie Wood, who drown near there and the thingy (Don't know what to call it, the little plastic thing you rest you hands on and it points to the message...) went crazy and then started spelling again and again..."It's me! It's me!" and they asked, "Who? Natalie?"

And the answer back was "John B. I'm stuck in L.A."  That story was in the last book his wife published about him. Trippy, huh?

#5 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:38 AM

Awesome story silentlight thanks for sharing. It's always a shocker when you find out your not the only one and other people had the same experience. Did you know it was the room belushi died in before you stayed there?
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#6 sirenlight

sirenlight

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:48 AM

No, we didn't know it was the exact room until just a week ago when I read that article that confirmed it.

The staff at the Marmont won't confirm information about past guests. It's sort of an unspoken rule at the hotel because so many famous people stayed there and still do.

My friend and I were convinced that it was one of the poolside cottages and not the bungalow at the time. But if you check out the findadeath website there is a page about Belushi and the Marmont. You can click on the bungalow 3 and it will show you a picture. And it's the place we stayed at.

#7 Ubriaca

Ubriaca

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, reading, writing, fashion, design

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:56 AM

I have partaken in many beverages at the Chateau Marmont, it is a great place! I can definitely see it having some paranormal stuff going on, who would want to leave?
Follow Me On Twitter: @ChandraMischief

#8 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:56 AM

That's so awesome! I'm jealous you got to stay in the same room as Belushi. Sorry for sounding giddy when you had a creepy experience but, COME ON! BELUSHI BABY!!!
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

#9 sirenlight

sirenlight

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:42 AM

Yeah, Belushi! Man, do wish now I would have known...luckily he didn't pull the old "What am I now?" gag from Animal House...now that would have been a story to be telling you, huh? It would have bore the titled "I've been Slimed by Belushi's ghost! " Ahhahhaaa!

(Come on, John, you've got to try it one time on the next guest!)

#10 Vlawde

Vlawde

Resident Grumpy Old Married Man Prone To Senior Moments

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,468 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:45 AM

TO-GA! TO-GA!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Pacific Paranormal Research Association: Documenting the paranormal and providing solutions to the living and the dead (and whatever else!)

Pacific Paranormal Research Association Myspace Page

Vlawdes Myspace Page

#11 Guest_ellsbeth_*

Guest_ellsbeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for the story---I have always wanted to go there!

Wonder if the Jim Morrison Bungalow is available???

#12 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:05 PM

"DID WE GIVE UP WHEN THE NAZIS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR!!??"

#13 sirenlight

sirenlight

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:33 PM

HA HA HA...You're funny!!!! Best line from that movie, besides maybe "FOOD FIGHT!!!"

"Pepsi, No Coke!"  (I wished he had taken his own advice.)

Right back at you...By the way, I noticed your from San Diego! Oh, it makes me home sick...I was born and raised in Coronado. In fact, the Del is quite haunted. I used to work there. There's at least a couple of rooms the Mexican maid used to leave little food offerings outside of...

#14 Guest_ellsbeth_*

Guest_ellsbeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(Sly-Spectre @ Jan 24 2008, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"DID WE GIVE UP WHEN THE NAZIS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR!!??"

(Crashes guitar against wall and stalks away to stuff food into mouth)

#15 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE(sirenlight @ Jan 24 2008, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HA HA HA...You're funny!!!! Best line from that movie, besides maybe "FOOD FIGHT!!!"

"Pepsi, No Coke!"  (I wished he had taken his own advice.)

Right back at you...By the way, I noticed your from San Diego! Oh, it makes me home sick...I was born and raised in Coronado. In fact, the Del is quite haunted. I used to work there. There's at least a couple of rooms the Mexican maid used to leave little food offerings outside of...

I surfed a lot and had a lot of Bonfires by the Del. My friend did the Halloween thing where you can stay on the closed-off level but he said nothing happened. When did you work the Del? My Ex's brother used to work there back in 01

#16 sirenlight

sirenlight

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE(Sly-Spectre @ Jan 25 2008, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I surfed a lot and had a lot of Bonfires by the Del. My friend did the Halloween thing where you can stay on the closed-off level but he said nothing happened. When did you work the Del? My Ex's brother used to work there back in 01

Ooh, way back in '88 for a year as a convention coordinator...I ran around with a walkie talkie making sure everyone's wedding, convention, etc. was going smoothly. Never had anything happen to me personally but the maids swore the place was spooked and the tunnel with runs under the Del and connects to the Oxford buildings in the back lot is something out of Freddie Kruger's nightmares...all dark with dripping pipes. I used to book it through there as fast as possible. There were places in that Hotel that I tried not to linger too long.

#17 HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,390 posts
  • Interests:Reading, hanging with my best girl (my daughter), hanging with my best guy, hockey, music, the paranormal, and RHPS

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:02 AM

Just thought that I'd add that the part of Dr. Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters was originally written for John.
I have always been fascinated with Chateau Marmont. It is said to be almost as famous for its celebrity ghosts as it is for the celebrities that stay there now!

Sirenlight, you and your friend were lucky.....apparently the ghost of John ikes to crawl into bed with ladies.

Posted Image

Dr. Egon Spengler: I'm worried, Ray. All my readings point to something big on the horizon.
Winston Zeddemore: What do you mean, big?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's reading, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.
Winston Zeddemore: That's a big Twinkie.

#18 Argent

Argent

Apport

• False Positive
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Writing, listening to music, discussing the paranormal, reading... Very deep individual trying to develope her gifts of empathy, telepathy, and mental healing...

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE(sirenlight @ Jan 24 2008, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Picture 541.gif Two years ago my friend and I stayed at the Chateau Marmont in Hollywood. We stayed three nights and because they didn't have the room we had requested the hotel kept upgrading our room until the last night we stayed in bungalow 3. (At the time we always thought that Belushi's room was one of the small cottages by the pool.)

The place was amazing. A 50's glamour pad with sliding glass doors and it's own private garden with a direct exit out the back gate. But soon we started to get the eerie feeling we were always being watched. There was a strong feeling at the end of the hallway by the back bedroom. Neither one of us could go down the hall alone. We hardly slept a wink feeling like we weren't really alone in that bedroom. In the morning I went to take a shower and remember not wanting to look in the mirror or leave the door shut. We never saw anything but we certainly felt it.

We kind of laughed at ourselves after we left and I never really thought about it until a week ago when I tripped upon an article about Belushi's death and they show a picture of the bungalow. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I recognized the place as the same one we spent our sleepless, freaked out night. Then I read this story about a family that stayed in that room and the kid was kept up all night by "The Funny Man" and the mother couldn't look in mirror when she used the bathroom because she had the feeling she was always being watched. Years later the child identified John Belushi's picture as The Funny Man who kept him awake at night at the hotel.

Nice story...  I enjoyed reading it...  It is very interesting that a child later described the same thing....
Imprisoned by these walls that seem to hold us within our own minds...  Only we set the limits as to how far our souls will fly....  What will you live for?  xxoxoxx

#19 macnut

macnut

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:31 AM

Hello Sirenlight,

I know this has been an incredibly long time since your original post, but i thought i would resurrect it. My wife and I are the ones that posted the original experiences of her friends son's experience at the Chateau which can be found here:

http://www.paranorma...h=1

While we haven't been back since the events occurred, we did have the opportunity to do a bit of research and investigation when it all happened. During a party in bungalow 3, I snuck away and hid out in the bedroom and the hall closet nearest the back bedroom (where his body was supposedly found) and took about an hours worth of video and sound recordings trying to get an evp. No results were gathered. I didn't really expect much as the environment was not ideal for an investigation anyway.

Today the kid is a happy, well adjusted 11 year old.  IMO his current memories of the events have been tainted due to his age and external influences but his early recollections were amazing to experience.

#20 HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,390 posts
  • Interests:Reading, hanging with my best girl (my daughter), hanging with my best guy, hockey, music, the paranormal, and RHPS

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

View Postmacnut, on 30 July 2010 - 08:31 AM, said:

Hello Sirenlight,

I know this has been an incredibly long time since your original post, but i thought i would resurrect it. My wife and I are the ones that posted the original experiences of her friends son's experience at the Chateau which can be found here:

http://www.paranorma...h=1

While we haven't been back since the events occurred, we did have the opportunity to do a bit of research and investigation when it all happened. During a party in bungalow 3, I snuck away and hid out in the bedroom and the hall closet nearest the back bedroom (where his body was supposedly found) and took about an hours worth of video and sound recordings trying to get an evp. No results were gathered. I didn't really expect much as the environment was not ideal for an investigation anyway.

Today the kid is a happy, well adjusted 11 year old.  IMO his current memories of the events have been tainted due to his age and external influences but his early recollections were amazing to experience.

Is this the post macnut?

I wanted to respond with an update to this earlier post. I just had dinner with my friend over the weekend. Her son just turned 5 years old this month.

I asked her if he's ever mentioned "the funny man" again? She has never brought the subject up to him, at all., but .... told me that me he had, in fact, just brought it up himself, a couple of weeks ago!

They had been reminiscing about their stay at the hotel, and her son complained that he couldn't sleep well there because "the funny man" kept waking him up at night, making him laugh and wanting to play all the time!!! Remember, this kid was barely 2 years old when this all happened (3 years ago)!

She then went on to tell me that she was sitting in bed one night (recently) looking at a book about the Chateau Marmont, and her son wandered in. He was very interested in what she was looking at so she told him it's all about the Chateau as she turned the pages ... there were many photos of various celebs that have stayed there over its many years. So the kid would say, "who is that?" And she said, oh that's an actor who was popular when your grandma was younger ... and that's Robert DeNiro, that's Robin Williams ... etc. Then she turned the page and there was a photo of John Belushi. The child got very excited, pointed and said: "Look Mommy, there's the FUNNY MAN!"

No, they have never shown him photos or Belushi films; in fact, when we suggested it a long time ago she said "no" so this kid has had no prompting whatsoever. But he sure did recognize his "funny man" right away!

My friend also said that although she hadn't been afraid to go to the bathroom alone at night since she was 8 years old, she was very uncomfortable doing so when they were staying in bungalow 3. She said she would run in and out quickly, and never made eye contact with the mirror; she just felt as if she was being watched all the time. She went on to say that every time she opened the door to the room/area the kid was sleeping in, to tuck him in at night, she felt what she can only describe as a "whoosh!"

Posted Image

Dr. Egon Spengler: I'm worried, Ray. All my readings point to something big on the horizon.
Winston Zeddemore: What do you mean, big?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's reading, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.
Winston Zeddemore: That's a big Twinkie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users