• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Angelwings

Angelwings

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:paranormal,anatomical pathology,true crime,cooking,swimming and writing poetry.

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:51 PM

It is said that when one Astral Travels the person is aware of a fine silver cord often refered to being their lifeline.It has been described in varying forms,but are mostly refered to as being very delicate and fine,like silk or spiders webbing,it is most common to be of a silver colour tinged with lilac or blue tinged.It is also believed to be able to stretch as you travel.
Some ppl are afraid to travel when new to this ability,as they feel it may snap,and they may not be able to return to their physical body (which some believe) as apparantly if this cord is severed,you will perish !!

love to hear your views on this

#2 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,542 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

Do you have a source for this information? What/Who is it?

So far as I can tell it's just not true, and the source that seems to be the basis of it is poppycock.

#3 xjadedx

xjadedx

Baby Girl

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,709 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal, cooking, beer, celtic culture and art, irish step dancing, constellations, backpacking, anything to do with cheese

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:49 PM

I don't even get it...

xjadedx

"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on." --Led Zepplin

#4 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:02 PM

When I used to travel I never saw or felt this cord. I agree with Trin in that this is just poppycock. You can go as far as you want but best to start off slow and learn how to control yourself and get use to it before venturing too far.

#5 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,542 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:07 PM

I've not only never noticed any such cord... I've gone rather far, (and gotten letters or phone calls from friends I visited saying "I had the strangest dream about you...") and never had any problem finding my way home.

#6 Stacy

Stacy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:My main interest is my children! But I am interested in all things paranormal. Ghost hunting is my favorite hobby!!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:48 PM

Almost everything I've read, books, or articles on astral travel have mentioned this silver chord that connects the Astral and physical bodies.  Though I never noticed it during astral travel, neither did I search for it, just assuming it was there due to what I'd read.
Referring to the book I'm reading now, it is said this silver flexible cord will stretch any distance on the earth or astral planes, and that only in death is it severed from the physical body, allowing your astral bodies return to the astral world.
I just thought this was a common belief among astral travelers, so now I am curious as well to know if there is anything to this.
Assuming its true, I don't believe there was any mention of your being in danger of having the cord severed during astral travel.

#7 Angelwings

Angelwings

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:paranormal,anatomical pathology,true crime,cooking,swimming and writing poetry.

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:48 AM

I myself have never astral traveled,that im aware of,so cant comment on a personal level,i added this post to see others views,as i have come across the "silver cord" theory many times from books and others personal claims.

What i find interesting here though is why do some ppl,not just including here on this forum pass off other theories as rubbish,just because they havnt experienced it themselves !!!
Of course it may well be nothing but speculation and a load of poppycock,lol but why are ppls minds so closed to accept what happens to them,but deny others claims,surely ppl may have varied experiences,and we should keep an open mind about the individuality of such apparant claims.

#8 Guest_ellsbeth_*

Guest_ellsbeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:30 AM

That is the common view of the thread that binds soul to body. Most see it as silver. It varies from culture to culture. For instance, The Chinese see it as red.
Does not really matter, but I would never try an OBE intently without somone experienced nearby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users