#1 Ubriaca

Ubriaca

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, reading, writing, fashion, design

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:58 PM

Can you walk me through what exactly happens in these therapy sessions?
How many do you need?
Can you do it with a tape/cd recording?
How long is each session?
How succesfull are they?
Once you have the information, what do you do with it?
Follow Me On Twitter: @ChandraMischief

#2 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:27 PM

[quote name='Ubriaca' date='Apr 18 2008, 02:58 PM' post='422833']

I will try to give you a brief explanation for the time being.  It's late, and I have to do the psychic fair this weekend so I will be heading off to bed soon.

Can you walk me through what exactly happens in these therapy sessions?

Normally you will sit down and just visit with your C. Ht. and break the ice.  There has to be some kind of rapport and trust between the two of you.  You will have to relax and feel at ease and let all expectations fly out the window.  You may either lay down or just sit in a comfortable chair.  I always had a recliner in my office.  Your C.Ht, should explain to you what the procedure is, and then ask if you have any questions before you begin.  Your body will still function as normal, only your heart rate and breathing may slow down a bit.  You can move around.  Don't sit there with a kink in your neck or sit there thinking, wish I could move my arm.  Move it!  It's ok.  Shift around in the chair and get comfy.  Cross or uncross your legs.  Wipe your nose, do whatever.  It's ok.  Also, you won't bark like a dog or be out of control.  That is stage hypnosis; totally different.  It will be like you are just sitting in a chair totally relaxed with your eyes closed.  Sometimes I will move the tape recorder closer and I will say...you are going to hear me get up and move the recorder closer, but it will not disturb you.  You will still hear your surroundings (unless I tell you you won't with a post hypnotic suggestion) and you would be able to "feel" me get up and move closer to you.  You are still aware of your surroundings.  You will not be sleeping like people think.

How many do you need?

Normally it only takes one session.  You may do more than one if you happen to have past life recall of several lives and you want to explore a particular life more indepth.  For instance, let's say you remember living in England in the late 1800's, after you have already gone through one or two lives.  You can actually go back in at a later date and recall that particular life if your C. HT (certified hypnotherapist) takes you back to that life, but normally I would say one will do it.

Can you do it with a tape/cd recording?

Yes, you will want to tape the session.  Now, I used to put them on cassette tapes, and I would warn people....DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS ON THE WAY HOME!  It can put you back into trance.  But, also if you tape it and listen to it later when you are home alone and relaxed you could have greater recall than what was revealed during the session.

Ok, so let's say you've seen Gone with The Wind like a dozen times or the Wizard of Oz.  They will come on TV and show a commercial letting you know, and they show you flashes of the movie, just snippets.  But if you've seen the movie umpteen times then you will see that scene on TV and then in your head probably flashes of the movie will come to you as seeing it on TV triggered MORE memories of the movie.  It's the same thing if you listen to the tape.  It doesn't happen always, but it can.

How long is each session?

It totally depends on the person.  Remember, the only people that cannot be hypnotized are morons with a low IQ and very analytical people.  Analytical people can be, but you have to use what is known as a confussion technique on them.  It just takes longer for what is termed induction, or putting a person under.  And you only go to the first stage of hypnosis, which is the alpha state.  You need not go any deeper.
Normally, I would say plan on spending at least 2 hours with your C. Ht.  I usually like to explain what one will experience, how it works, what to expect and to let one know that at anytime all they have to do is open their eyes.  They will NOT do anything they normally wouldn't do, and they are just in light trance.  I also assure them that I will not allow anything to happen to them and then go on to explain that if I see their are becoming anxious, upset or whatever, I have a quick technique to move them past that particular experience so they do not experience physical or emotional pain.  And yes, you can experience phsyical pain during a session.  Two hours of being under hypnosis is equal to eight hours of restful sleep.  You will awake refeshed and relaxed.  A friend of mine who is a commercial pilot now went back to being a wing man during WWII.  His plane was hit and he began to shake his leg telling me, my leg's on fire.  I had to quickly move him past that emotion because he was experiencing the phsyical pain of being on fire!  He was my first vitcim...I mean....client when I got out of Hypnotherapy School.  He actually traced this man and there was such a pilot/wing man and he found his records.  It was really kind of interesting; that plus the fact he chose to be a pilot again in this lifetime, as was his father, mother, and grandfather.

How succesfull are they?

This totally depends on the person and the rapport they have with their C.Ht.  You have to trust the person and you have to be at ease.  If you go in there with too high of expectations then you won't enjoy it.  Also, you have to go with the flow and RELAX.  Don't try to analyze every single thing or try to figure things out as you go.  You have to go with the flow and just let it happen.  If you are too detail oriented or to annal, then it won't work.  You will waste your money the the C.Ht. time.  There is no guarantee it will work.  All you can do is try.  Personally, I have only had maybe a handful of people that did not have a successful regression.  One was a Native American friend of mine who KNEW he had been at Wounded Knee and would not allow himself to go back there and see the slaughter again.  A few other people were just too uptight and were trying to hard.  In other words, you get out of it what you put into it.

Once you have the information, what do you do with it?

Some people have given names, dates, etc. and can actually trace their past life and find the grave, family, etc.  Others, it may explain phobias, fears, likes and dislikes.  You will get from the information what you need.  I always believe that Spirit guides us in that direction and you will learn what you need to learn from the experience and take away what you need.

Sorry, if there are typos.  I am tired.

Hope this answers your questions.  If you have more, give me a few days to get back to you.  I won't be around all weekend.

Blessed be,

Amethyst

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#3 Morning_Glory_

Morning_Glory_

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:57 PM

How do you find a reputable person to do a past life regression on you?

#4 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE(Morning_Glory_ @ Apr 21 2008, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you find a reputable person to do a past life regression on you?

MG,

If I'm not mistaken I think you live in Ohio.  There is place by Dayton, Ohio called the Academy for Holistic Health in Beavercreek, or it least there used to be.

There is also an American Board of Hypnotherapists.  I would first call the school and see if they graduated any C. Ht. in your area or ask them to recommend somebody.  You may even be able to go there to the school and see one of the instructors.  I went there and I loved it, and the people I was in class with.  I am sure they can point you in the right direction.

I wish I could think of the guy's name.  I want to say Jeremiah, but I'm not sure, and there was also a Patti there and my teacher was named Jan.

Don't be afraid to call and ask the C.Ht plenty of questions.  Are you board certified.  Stay away from those self proclaimed...I read a book and can do it kinda people.  Make sure you get somebody professionally trained.  How long have you been in practice?  Can you explain to me your process?  Talk at length before making a decision.  Like I said, you have to totally trust the person.  Just because you visit the office does not mean you have to actually do the regression.  Interview with the person and see if you feel comfortable.  If not, get up and leave.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#5 Ubriaca

Ubriaca

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

I was watching Oprah last night, it was a repeat of Dr. Oz with Dr. Weiss.
Dr. Brian Weiss is a Columbia and Yale educated doctor who specializes in Past Life Regression Therapy.
I bought his CD series for $30 online on his site.
I will let you know how it goes.

Dr. Wiess' Website

Until then, has anyone heard of him or listened to CD's for this?

edited for poor spelling

Edited by Ubriaca, 19 May 2008 - 04:19 PM.

#6 Morning_Glory_

Morning_Glory_

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:43 PM

Dayton is four hours from me, I don't even want to drive to the grocery store unless its on my way home from work because gas is costing me a small fortune.

I'd def call and see if they know someone in my area to recommend though.

#7 Ubriaca

Ubriaca

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:34 AM

I just received the CD's, and now need to find a quiet moment to start them.
I am excited!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users