Seattle Underground

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pretty kitty kitsune

pretty kitty kitsune

EVP

• GS Member
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, reading, writing, cosplay, comics, sleeping, social justice, being a mom

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

I went on the Seattle Underground tour last night, the same location shown on Ghost Hunters Seattle edition smile.gif

I didn't get any "feeling" of a presence down their though our guide claimed that it was very haunted and Ghost Hunters had some personal experiences down there. Though, I think it's one thing to look for an experience with the lights on with a group of 30 and quite another to look for one at midnight, in the dark with a small group.

Anyway, there are two things that really stood out to me from the trip The first being that brand new batteries in my camera died by the end of the tour. Of course, as my husband pointed out, I did take some video the night before and that does drain the batteries. However, I used that camera for almost 7 days of vacation photos before it died prior to my visit to the underground so I found it very odd that the batteries died so fast.

The second thing that really stood out is that in one area where there is supposedly a woman in white, I took a picture. Of all the pictures of the night it's the only one that is of visibly poor quality and when I tried to clean it up in my photo program (you know, auto adjust and all the non-fancy stuff) it actually got worse so that you can't really see anything too clearly. There are a couple things in the photo that sort of catch my eye but since I can't clean it up without further messing up the quality, I'm only left to speculate. While I'm pretty sure that it's just my mind playing tricked on me and that what I'm seeing is some bricks and wood, but it's still interesting that this is the one photo I can't clean up. I've attached it though it's not that interesting in case anyone wanted to take a look at it.

For those of you that aren't aware, the city of Seattle was several feet lower than it is today and some of the original structures still exist. There is one section we went to that used to be a bar that currently has a bar over it today. I think that's interesting....

Attached Files

We're all freaked out here. Let's rule out aliens and stick to what we know.

#2 Autumnrose

Autumnrose

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, horses, ALL animals, anything paranormal (except UFO's) music, friends, cooking...

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:18 AM

that sounds like it would be pretty neat to go on! I live near seattle (well kinda) and for some reason never realized there was a tour....maybe I'll have to check it out
A butterfly lights besides up like a sunbeam,
and for a brief moment, its beauty and glory belong to our world...
But then it flies on again,
and though we wish it could have stayed...
we feel so lucky to have seen it..

#3 pretty kitty kitsune

pretty kitty kitsune

EVP

• GS Member
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, reading, writing, cosplay, comics, sleeping, social justice, being a mom

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE(Autumnrose @ Jul 7 2008, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that sounds like it would be pretty neat to go on! I live near seattle (well kinda) and for some reason never realized there was a tour....maybe I'll have to check it out

It's pretty interesting. I recommend the adult tour (which is the one I did) because you get to hear more about the corruption and less about the boring stuff (that's what our tour guide said anyway) plus you get a free drink at the end! Unless you're under 21.. then you can't do that one.

They have a halloween tour too where you go down with just flashlights which I really want to do but will be out of the country this halloween so that's a no go. T_T
We're all freaked out here. Let's rule out aliens and stick to what we know.

#4 Wicked Anzu

Wicked Anzu

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:15 PM

I've always wanted to do that tour!  I'm going to visit my mom (who lives just outside of Seattle) in August, and hopefully we'll be able to do it and post a report.

#5 Autumnrose

Autumnrose

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, horses, ALL animals, anything paranormal (except UFO's) music, friends, cooking...

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE(pretty kitty kitsune @ Jul 7 2008, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's pretty interesting. I recommend the adult tour (which is the one I did) because you get to hear more about the corruption and less about the boring stuff (that's what our tour guide said anyway) plus you get a free drink at the end! Unless you're under 21.. then you can't do that one.

They have a halloween tour too where you go down with just flashlights which I really want to do but will be out of the country this halloween so that's a no go. T_T

that Halloween tour sounds awesome!! and grrr, Im not 21, only 19!! I would like to do the adult tour, just maybe without the drink? lol too bad you have to be 21!! anyway, Im into the paranormal and all that stuff, but I have to admit, Im a chicken! smile.gif I dont really go looking for things if you know what I mean!! lol the closest I have ever gotten to "looking" was at Northern State Hospital barns, and I used to go to school up there, so I really didnt have much of a choice about going up there! (not that I minded, NSH is pretty awesome!!) anyway thanks for the info, Im gonna check it out!

autumn
A butterfly lights besides up like a sunbeam,
and for a brief moment, its beauty and glory belong to our world...
But then it flies on again,
and though we wish it could have stayed...
we feel so lucky to have seen it..