• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AustinandOwensMommy

AustinandOwensMommy

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:10 AM

Hello. I have only posted on here a few times and it has been awhile. Sorry if I have done this wrong. I will correct anything if needed. Well the reason I am posting today is to show off some pics I took at Odd Fellows Cemetery in Granite City, IL(right across the river from ST. Louis). Nothing to special about any of them except car lights looking a bit weird. I won't post those unless anyone wants to see them. The one I want to share is of the arch way. I took this right before I left. I was recording some EVPs (which I did not get anything) and I said out loud to say cheese. I have attached the original photo and a cropped version. Can anyone tell me what they see? Thanks!

Patricia

#2 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Disembodied Voice

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:19 AM

That's odd.

My first impression is that it's a video camera.  I "borrowed" it and took a closer look and it looks sort of like an old-fashioned (before keyless) realtor's lockbox.

Can you easily go back and see if there's something there?

ArcusArcanum
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#3 AustinandOwensMommy

AustinandOwensMommy

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE(Tantric Kitten @ Oct 6 2008, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's odd.

My first impression is that it's a video camera.  I "borrowed" it and took a closer look and it looks sort of like an old-fashioned (before keyless) realtor's lockbox.

Can you easily go back and see if there's something there?

There isn't anything on the other side except more cemetary plots and tons of weeds. I do have a picture of my father standing in the archway that shows nothing behind him. I will attach it so you can see it.

#4 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:44 PM

It almost looks like a cell phone, or some other kind of electronic device. Can't honestly say that I have seen anything like this in a picture before, but it does look like something physical in nature to me.

#5 wuwei

wuwei

Orb

• False Positive
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

This is interesting and thank you for posting.  Since you have been kind enough to provide a second photo that doesn't show the anomaly it is possible to say a few things about it.  I downloaded and played around with the photo (levels, exposure etc) to try and draw anything out but couldn't find anything one way or another.

The shape and reflection does make it look like a physical object.  The object isn't in the second photo that is taken from the same perspective, but the gate itself is exposed to about the same degree in both photos.  So the object should have shown up in the second photo, additionally you are saying that there is nothing there.

The second thought is that it is some sort of portable object, like a camcorder (it does kind of look like a camcorder).  However, what is holding it?  Given the second photo which shows the person (an excellent point of reference) and sizing the photos to about the same proportion, you would think that had a person been standing there behind the gate they would have shown up through the openings.

My third thought was that maybe someone is standing far behind the gate with a shiny object, so the object was exposed but the person wasn't.  This would be the result of a problem of perception (looking at a 3d scene in a 2d format).  Since the object can't be in front of the gate (unless suspended in mid air) it must at least be the distance of the gate or behind.  Again by comparing the size of the object in the first photo with the person in the second photo, the object looks to be bigger than a cell phone or camcorder in the first place, so if it is further behind it would be much larger.  Did you have any equipment that would have been set up on a tripod that would have been as big or bigger than a camcorder, behind the gate?

One problem is that in the first photo the flash doesn't illuminate anything behind the gate.  At least in the second photo you can make out some depth.

Regardless, an interesting photo that shows something not easily explained.  I'm not convinced it is paranormal, however the rule is that if it can't be explained by natural means...

Wuwei
Sometimes you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right -- Jerry Garcia
Ontario Society for Paranormal Research
Associate Member, Society for Psychical Research

#6 AustinandOwensMommy

AustinandOwensMommy

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:22 AM

It could of been my dad with the video camera but I thought he was behind me. I have uploaded all the pics I have onto Photobucket  They all are in the order I took them. My father explained that the lights are probably from the cars on the highway across the field on the other side(not the way the arch way is at). The last pictures are of the digital audio recorder on the ground after something hit my elbow.

#7 Gooz

Gooz

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:53 PM

I have no idea what's in your photo, but think it's great you & dad share ghost hunting. How cool is that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users