3:33 Am?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 anthroboy

anthroboy

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in a scientific understanding of the paranormal and what inherent quality draws individuals to investigate and to validate the supernatural with technology.

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:41 PM

We were recently approached by a local family who have had tons of experiences in their home.  It is actually a house split into four apts owned by the grandparents and only family lives in the building.  All four apts have reported similar activity (knockings, cold spots, voices, shadows etc.).  

The children wake every night at 3:33 am (according to reports) screaming as if they have had bad dreams.  The father of one of the kids said he did catch an EVP that sounded like it spoke his daughters name just before she woke up.  I have looked all over, but have not found any reliable reference to the significance of that time.  I do remember it being mentioned in the movie "The Exorcism of Emily Rose", but that is just a movie...

Is there anything that people here know about 3:33 am?

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,985 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:18 AM

I don't know of any significance in general, but there may well be some in this particular case. maybe something happened at that time in the past that created an imprint that replays itself then.

Or maybe that's just when the kid's sleep cycle hits some heavy dreaming, and it wakes them up. I tend to wake up or dream at certain times when I sleep
Posted Image

#3 NUPS_Jennifer

NUPS_Jennifer

Apport

• GS Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:53 AM

I'm interested to read the responses to the op.  My daughter was born at 3:33 AM and I can't tell you how many times I wake up at that exact time.  It's kinda creepy.

#4 Joey

Joey

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Ahh... Music.

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:16 AM

Maybe it's because there's no "6:66am?" laugh.gif

I've heard that it's a subconcious thing or something to do with anxiety. 3:33 is an easily remembered number.. If it was 7:57 you'd forget you ever saw it.

Then again, it could mean the gates of Hell are opening.  th_sarcastic_blum.gifcrazy.gif

Edited by Numb, 07 December 2008 - 08:16 AM.

~ Joey

Posted Image

Welcome to GhostStudy.
Where the puns never end.

Posted Image

#5 Old Guy

Old Guy

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:27 AM

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things which you have not known.

They say, ya know, "The Lord works in mysterious ways."
Cynic. Skeptic. Believer.
||||||^
If you're not skeptical, you're in denial.

#6 kathy-marie

kathy-marie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:being as immature as I can get away with lol , music progressive house minimal house techno house , favourite haunt digital newcastle, best DJ John digweed !!!

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:05 AM

I thought it was something to do with the fact that Christ died at 3.33pm
and it's like anything demonic likes to turn things around backwards like crosses being worn upside down, backward reflections and freaky things like waking up after nightmares at 3.33 am,
(wish I could have explained that a bit better but feeling a bit groggy due to a head cold)
the time when kids need the most love is when they are being at their most unlovable !!! same goes for ghosts I say . in awe of all you guy's advice ....... listen to your elders xxxxxxxxxx

#7 Bryan

Bryan

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:23 AM

I have heard two different theories as to why "demonic" haunts tend to occur at 3 am or in this case 3:33 am. One, as mentioned above, Christ supposedly died at 3 pm, so manifesting at 3 am (the direct opposite of 3pm) is a sign of mockery or opposition. It is also theorized that demons manifest at 3 am out of mockery to the holy trinity. These of course are religious theories. Outside of religion, I'm not sure if there are any other theories concerning the "witching hour".
"Sometimes when we stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back."

#8 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:37 PM

Funny that this has come up on the board. A close friend of mine has also had the number 333 pop up a lot lately. He wakes up at 3:33, or sees 333 on a license plate, or gets $3.33 back in change from something. He's looking for an explanation for it too!

Here's a link I found that has some interesting facts about the number 33 and 333:
http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1766.cfm

#9 shonalynn

shonalynn

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • Interests:Nachos, beer, football.

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE(kathy-marie @ Dec 8 2008, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and it's like anything demonic likes to turn things around backwards like crosses being worn upside down, backward reflections and freaky things like waking up after nightmares at 3.33 am,
(wish I could have explained that a bit better but feeling a bit groggy due to a head cold)

This is the theory that I have heard the most often.

I'm on Facebook!

#10 HARVEY

HARVEY

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Wine and Chocolate

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:23 PM

I have woke at 3.33 for years, I haveposted about it on here before, its very strange, I even wake at 3.33 in the afternoon when I am working nights. Its not every day but its very creepy, I have even put my clock forward 5 minutes but that doesnt work either

#11 Etheress

Etheress

Apport

• GS Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE(kathy-marie @ Dec 9 2008, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, I've heard this too.

#12 kathy-marie

kathy-marie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:being as immature as I can get away with lol , music progressive house minimal house techno house , favourite haunt digital newcastle, best DJ John digweed !!!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE(Bryan @ Dec 8 2008, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have heard two different theories as to why "demonic" haunts tend to occur at 3 am or in this case 3:33 am. One, as mentioned above, Christ supposedly died at 3 pm, so manifesting at 3 am (the direct opposite of 3pm) is a sign of mockery or opposition. It is also theorized that demons manifest at 3 am out of mockery to the holy trinity. These of course are religious theories. Outside of religion, I'm not sure if there are any other theories concerning the "witching hour".

your totally right christ did die at 3 pm not 3.33pm as I said I'm getting a bit confused due to illness, thanks bryan for explaining what I meant in a clearer way tho xxx
(thought the witching hour was meant to be 12 )

Edited by kathy-marie, 10 December 2008 - 03:21 AM.

the time when kids need the most love is when they are being at their most unlovable !!! same goes for ghosts I say . in awe of all you guy's advice ....... listen to your elders xxxxxxxxxx

#13 Bryan

Bryan

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(kathy-marie @ Dec 10 2008, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your totally right christ did die at 3 pm not 3.33pm as I said I'm getting a bit confused due to illness, thanks bryan for explaining what I meant in a clearer way tho xxx
(thought the witching hour was meant to be 12 )

The term "witching hour" has been attributed to both midnight and 3:00 am, and at times even the time span between midnight and 3:00 am. I guess it all depends on who you ask.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witching_hour

#14 gummblefish

gummblefish

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE(HelenaHandBaskettGStudy @ Dec 8 2008, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny that this has come up on the board. A close friend of mine has also had the number 333 pop up a lot lately. He wakes up at 3:33, or sees 333 on a license plate, or gets $3.33 back in change from something. He's looking for an explanation for it too!Here's a link I found that has some interesting facts about the number 33 and 333:http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1766.cfm
Some interesting stuff in that link for sure, but i wouldn't say they are 'facts'
QUOTE(Old Guy @ Dec 7 2008, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things which you have not known. They say, ya know, "The Lord works in mysterious ways."
By the way that was your 33rd post.... th_sarcastic_blum.gif

#15 kathy-marie

kathy-marie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE(Bryan @ Dec 10 2008, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The term "witching hour" has been attributed to both midnight and 3:00 am, and at times even the time span between midnight and 3:00 am. I guess it all depends on who you ask.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witching_hour

thanks again , from now on I'l just write any old rubbish as I know you'l be there to correct me lol

#16 Bryan

Bryan

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE(kathy-marie @ Dec 11 2008, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks again , from now on I'l just write any old rubbish as I know you'l be there to correct me lol

I wasn't correcting you Kathy. I was actually confirming what you said. If I said something that was construed as criticism I apologize.

#17 kathy-marie

kathy-marie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE(Bryan @ Dec 11 2008, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasn't correcting you Kathy. I was actually confirming what you said. If I said something that was construed as criticism I apologize.

I know thats what I meant xxxx feel free to comment as I said I hav a head cold and my post didnt make sense so you can edit for me any time xxx again due to fuzziness of brain I now look like I was insulted when I'm not  happy0194.gif

#18 Bryan

Bryan

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE(kathy-marie @ Dec 11 2008, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know thats what I meant xxxx feel free to comment as I said I hav a head cold and my post didnt make sense so you can edit for me any time xxx again due to fuzziness of brain I now look like I was insulted when I'm not  happy0194.gif

gotcha - I hope you feel better soon.

#19 Stride

Stride

Apport

• GS Member
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Photography (Actually, more than an interest, I'm a professional), Producing Video/DVDs (A side job), Music (Really into Dream Theater), Movies (Horror)

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:30 AM

I have an issue with the whole theory of it having anything to do with the timing of Christ's death. Just some thoughts, so bear with me...

It is known that Christ died at 3pm as stated. So then demons, in theory, mock that specific time and bug people at 3am, right? Christ died at 3pm - Near Jerusalem. That means in, let's say New York, it's 8am. SO, if someone in New York gets awakened at 3am, it's 10am where Christ died, not even close to the time of His death, or the opposite. 3AM Jerusalem time is 8pm EST. Do demons keep a panel of world clocks wherever they dwell so they know when it's time to go wake up Johnny in New York. Take a three hour break until it's time to go bother Jimmy in SanDiego? Just curious if it's simply relative to where you are in the world, or if it's meant to TRULY mock Christ's death, which would be whatever time difference you are at 3am from Jerusalem. I've rambled on long enough, so I hope I make sense here.

I've not heard of any other connection to 3am or 3:33am in your case.

#20 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(gummblefish @ Dec 11 2008, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some interesting stuff in that link for sure, but i wouldn't say they are 'facts'

You're right, maybe just tidbits of information! wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users