• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 skyla

skyla

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:33 PM

I would like some info on whether or not it is possible for a ghost to mark or bruise someone.

#2 gummblefish

gummblefish

Ghostlight

• False Positive
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE(skyla @ Jan 2 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like some info on whether or not it is possible for a ghost to mark or bruise someone.

Personally if there is bruises on you or someone else you know i would look into other reasons first before worrying about 'Ghosts' first. Why do you ask this?

#3 skyla

skyla

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(gummblefish @ Jan 2 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally if there is bruises on you or someone else you know i would look into other reasons first before worrying about 'Ghosts' first. Why do you ask this?

The reason I ask is on new years eve, I was at my son and daughter in law's visiting with my new granddaughter.  We were seated in the living room talking and my daughter in law had on a sleeveless top my son was sitting to her right and no one was on her left.  All of a sudden she yelled in pain and grabbed her arm when she took her hand away there was an almost instant bruise.  I am a believer in the super natural brcause of my own experiences however, I saw this in front of my own eyes.  My daughtrer in law is a wreck over this.  There have been several things of an unexplained nature happening in their home,  but this was the first physical contact.  She's worried about the baby being there and has been staying with me since this occurred.  I need advice on what we can do.

#4 gummblefish

gummblefish

Ghostlight

• False Positive
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE(skyla @ Jan 2 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The reason I ask is on new years eve, I was at my son and daughter in law's visiting with my new granddaughter.  We were seated in the living room talking and my daughter in law had on a sleeveless top my son was sitting to her right and no one was on her left.  All of a sudden she yelled in pain and grabbed her arm when she took her hand away there was an almost instant bruise.  I am a believer in the super natural brcause of my own experiences however, I saw this in front of my own eyes.  My daughtrer in law is a wreck over this.  There have been several things of an unexplained nature happening in their home,  but this was the first physical contact.  She's worried about the baby being there and has been staying with me since this occurred.  I need advice on what we can do.

well first off i will say that I'm not a believer in such stuff so any advice i would give would be to check in with a doctor. Bruises generally don't come on instantly, perhaps a burst blood vessil or something along those lines. Sorry can't help beyond that.

#5 Lord Barrington

Lord Barrington

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

Burst blood vessels and bruises are more or less the same thing.  It's interesting you mention being in such a casual setting when it happened, though.  However, my friend Joanie pops blood vessels very easily for some reason.  I think she did it eating dinner, once.

Nevertheless, blood vessels popping can happen anywhere on the body, sometimes for no apparent reason.  They do hurt, so that may explain the pain.

Bruises are essentially globs of blood stuck under the skin as a result of popping a blood vessel.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it.  If this is the first time this has happened, just take everything easy.  If it keeps happening, I would consider a visit to the doctor, like gummblefish said.

If the doctor can't find an answer, THEN I would perhaps start to question the paranormal occurances in your son & daughter-in-law's home.  If you choose to believe in such things, then yes, some otherworldly beings have been known to cause harm to people, but those that do have probably have malicious intent and should be dealt with quickly.

Hope that helped, and good luck!
I wasn't lookin' but somehow you found me
I tried to hide from your love light
But like heaven above me
The spy who loved me
Is keepin' all my secrets safe tonight.

#6 skyla

skyla

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(Staropeace @ Jan 2 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tell her to get her blood checked.....why in heck would you first assume that a ghost did it.....in this enlightened age........?

Thats the way folks use to think during the middle ages. I am an epileptic who has met some pretty strange people with pretty far out ideas about the cause of my malady.

PerhapsI should have been clearer.  This is the first thing I've been personally witness to.  It is not the first thing that has happened.  She has found scratches in groups of six both on herself and other items in the home.  As far as the bruises, it resembles the marks left behind when someone grabs you very hard.  they are spaced out not unlike those left by fingers.  I have had broken blood vessels and bruised veins and this is not that.  Below the bruised area there is a crescent shaped scratch.  The marks were red at first but quickly darkened.  She said she felt like she had been grabbed.

#7 lordofvermin

lordofvermin

Ectoplasm

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:maybe a little obvious...seeing as i am a member of a PARANORMAL forum XD

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:32 AM

Yeah, probably a blood blister, this can bring a bruise up in a matter of seconds when a bunch of capillaries get torn. When I was in school I twisted round in my chair, felt this ripping in my side and almost instantly got a big purple bruise. My doctor said that I had wrenched some capillaries open by twisting at an awkward angle.

Maybe she twisted her arm awkwardly and didnt realise.

I do agree with the others on this thread though. Jumping to the ghost idea seems just a little bit medieval.

Max
We are about to head on to the battle field. Believe our blades will not shatter...Believe our souls will not be cut. Even if our steps separate, our iron will remains solid....Promise....Even if the ground may split... WE WILL RETURN ALIVE TO THIS PLACE.....

#8 Buckeyefan1

Buckeyefan1

Banshee

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:10 AM

Welcome! Yes.....first make sure everything health wise is ok.
What exactly has been going on there? Are the marks the only thing or are there other things going on as well?

#9 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:21 AM

Good question. I feel thay can but I also feel that most injuries of that sort are due to someone being scared and trying to flee.

#10 Ms. Tify

Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:59 AM

I myself have woken up with scratches I cannot explain, and bruises much like you have described.  A few months ago, I had bruises, five of them, that were spaced out exactly like fingertips would be.  A few days ago, I had one bruise, the exact size and shape of a fingerprint again.  I have no idea how I got them.  

Last week I was taking a bath, and when I got out I saw a long red scratch on my arm that was NOT there before I took the bath.  There is no explanation for that either, and I did not feel myself being scratched.

I can tell by the direction that the scratches are going that there is no way I could have scratched myself.  

Anyway, I have no idea what advice to give you.  I just wanted to let you know that these things happen.  The best advice I could give to your daughter in law would be to get angry instead of afraid.  This approach has helped me alot.  Also, remember not all paranormal activity has evil behind it.  There might be a spirit trying to get her attention, not trying to cause her any harm.
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#11 skyla

skyla

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(Buckeyefan1 @ Jan 3 2009, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome! Yes.....first make sure everything health wise is ok.
What exactly has been going on there? Are the marks the only thing or are there other things going on as well?

Thank you for your response.  She was to see her doctor this morning and the briuses are definitely not blood vessels bursting.  Like I have said, there were no marks on her and then there were .  I witnessed it.  Yes there are other things going on.  Two nights prior to this, she awoke to a burning sensation down her back.  When my son checked it, there was a series of 6 scratch marks approximately 3 inches apart in a row.  The other thing is that she has a dream catcher hanging above the baby's crib.  More often than not it is a tangled mess in the morning.  The baby is 2 months old, they have no pets and there are no drafts, vents or anything that is causing it.  My daughter in law has also found the same 6 scratches but on her leg.  They ran from hip to ankle and spaced out so that they are completely around her leg.  I am a very reasonable person, however, even if she was scratching herself in her sleep, there is no way she could do it so evenly or in the locations they are in.  This is why I am looking for other possible means of explanation.

#12 trin

trin

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:59 PM

mostly likely, if it's happening in your sleep you might be bruising yourself as you toss and turn (or grab at your arms or legs YOURSELF) in the night.

I've noticed that "fingermarks" on myself always seem to be just the size of my OWN fingers and in locations where I CAN grasp my arm or leg and line up my fingers with the bruises.

also if you get up in the night, it's easy to bang into some furniture during the night, and in the morning see the bruise and not even recall that you got up.

ALSO sometimes things like vitamin deficiencies or even some lurking but serious illness can cause unexplained bruising.

I wouldn't have "ghost" as my first reason for unexplained bruises... it'd be WAaaaaaay down the list of possibilities.

Edited by trin, 06 January 2009 - 10:00 PM.

#13 DToK777

DToK777

Ghoul

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Arts, Mystic Magic, 3D Animation, Video Games.

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

During my "stay" to speak with the psychic vampires, I've learned about energies, subtle bodies, and whatnot. People unaware of energy are VERY VERY VERY susceptible to these kind of things, thus I suggest one learns how to "shield" themselves. Some shields are simple, some are complicated, some require you to have gifts of your own.

Shielding is exactly as it sounds, an invisible "barrier" of energy that rejects outside forces from entering your "sanctum". If you have any type of "special gifts" such as clairvoyance, clairaudience, premonition, or anything of the sort, you might be able to handle this by using your own personal will to form the barrier. If you don't, engulf yourself with strong emotions of love, compassion, and safety and let the feelings circle you to protect you.

More often than not, strong energies and desires can be passed on to objects, such as rosaries, crosses, or mundane things that you care for. Such objects can store energies and desires to protect, provided you offer energy to it on a regular basis. Most psychic vampires will respect such objects and leave the energies of it alone, so you don't have to worry about it being drained of its strength. Negative spirits, however, will find such objects "appalling" and will stay away from it.

Now... to figure out how to make people not afraid of psychic vampires.....
Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions you seem curious about.

#14 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE(Staropeace @ Jan 2 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tell her to get her blood checked.....why in heck would you first assume that a ghost did it.....in this enlightened age........?

Thats the way folks use to think during the middle ages. I am an epileptic who has met some pretty strange people with pretty far out ideas about the cause of my malady.

I may have thought the same if there was activity in my home and in an instant a strong pain and bruising on my arm. Doesn't seem that far stretched as you are making her feel.

Skyla, what your daughter is going through makes me feel uneasy. Yes, I believe a malevolent ghost can put marks on you.  You said you had a new grandbaby. Maybe this ghost is a bit on the jealous side. What type of activity are they having in their home? Such as highly disruptive activity or just mild noises and displacement of objects? Pain and injury is not good for obvious reasons. You certainly don't want it to start on the baby. I would do a smudging ceremony and if that doesn't help I would call in your religious heirarchy to help cleanse the home. And don't wait. If she is frightened enough to not even sleep in her own home, something needs to be done.

Keep us posted and I hope all turns out safe!

#15 skyla

skyla

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE(JeepersCreepersGStudy @ Jan 12 2009, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I may have thought the same if there was activity in my home and in an instant a strong pain and bruising on my arm. Doesn't seem that far stretched as you are making her feel.

Skyla, what your daughter is going through makes me feel uneasy. Yes, I believe a malevolent ghost can put marks on you.  You said you had a new grandbaby. Maybe this ghost is a bit on the jealous side. What type of activity are they having in their home? Such as highly disruptive activity or just mild noises and displacement of objects? Pain and injury is not good for obvious reasons. You certainly don't want it to start on the baby. I would do a smudging ceremony and if that doesn't help I would call in your religious heirarchy to help cleanse the home. And don't wait. If she is frightened enough to not even sleep in her own home, something needs to be done.

Keep us posted and I hope all turns out safe!

Thank you so much for your response.  First I'd like to say that we ended up moving them in with us perminently.  So far, nothing has happened other than she and my son say that they hear their names being whispered.  Nothing physical has happened so far though.  I have asked them about their experiencesas far as when it started, what has happened, just to get some idea of what is behind it.  The area we live is basically on the border where the city meets rural.  Not far from here, there are several old homesteads some of which are falling down and obviously abandoned for a long time.  Some of these properties are original to the area.  Anyway, to get to the point.  The two of them were walking around with friends one afternoon when they decided to "explore" one of these properties.  The house is no longer standing however, there is the remains of a barn type structure.  There was some old tools and wooden crates or the remains of them.  underneath a board they found a wooden cross wrapped in canvass and twine.  It was approx. 8-10 inches tall.  with this there was a gold or brass instrument which my son thought looked like an item for math or perhaps map reading?  The cross they were afraid of because they thought it may have been hidden for a reason.  The instrument however, their friend convinced them was a good item to keep so they did so.  This happened around the end of October the first of November, this year.  This item had a habit of moving around their home on its own.  They had it on a table in their living room, but it would turn up in cupboards, under furniture etc.  Places that they knew it hadn't been.  They were worried at this point and decided to put it in the trunk of their car until they decided what to do with it.  Two days later, it was back in the livingroom.  On it's own.  My son wanted no part of it anymore so he got his friend who had been with them the day they were at the farm to go with him to get rid of it.  They were afraid to take it back to its place of origin so his friend threw it off the bridge.  Afterward they were talking with other friends who told them that the area where they found it was rumored to be a site where a father had killed his son and then hung himself.  I do not know if there is any truth to this.  I am trying to do some research.  The events where my daughter in law was being physically hurt started happening within days of all this.  They did not relay any of this to me until after what I witnessed that night at their home.  I am a firm believer in spirits attatching themselves to items.  My biggest worry it that something may happen until the item is returned to where they found it.

#16 Avaren

Avaren

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

OK so far you have heard lost of people tell you its not ghost related and some tell you it is so here are the facts and its puts it somewhere in the middle....

When you are looking to see about haunting you ALWAYS (and I mean always) try to disprove it. many people say they have caught a ghost on film and its nothing more than their breath on a cold night that the camera picked up better than their own eyes. So getting medically checked is a good idea. once the blood work and everything comes back normal then worry about paranormal. people with leukemia tend to get bruises very easily and the suck. I've gotten up many a times in the night and not remembered it so yes hurting your self at night is a real possibility and usually pain does not really wake people up unless it is extreme pain. So people with a medical condition may grab their arm at night and get a bruise or you might grip your arm during a nightmare, you may not remember, for a period of time would do it to. you would be really amazed at what people do at night.

Now about that object.....probably not the smartest idea to throw it off a bridge. you may have made it mad which is why you are still hearing voices. i would have returned the object to where i found it. at least in the vicinity. Now don't go looking for it to put it back there is no need for such things just a reference if you need it later.

So here is what you may want to try doing (after you find everything is normal physically). Tell it to go away!.....That's it. tell it that it is not welcome there and must leave (in the name of god if you so chose). Here is why you (probably) let it in the house with that object that it was (probably) linked to. just because you get rid of an abject doesn't mean that it will go away with it. you have to tell it to leave. That it is not allowed to hurt anyone and must leave. make sure to be confidant in what your doing it will make your command that much stronger. (wear a rosary if it give you comfort you can do anything that makes your feel stronger/protected)

Now here is something useful if that doesn't work. The more frightened of it you are or the more you recognize it may give it enthusiasm to frighten you more so try to ignore the voices or what ever else. and sometimes it comes to accept you and leaves you alone.

Now if you have tried all this you could have a Paranormal investigator come to your house and see what they can find. they may also be able to help you get rid of it and if not they will know who to call. but do your research and meet them before you hire them. there are many wanna be groups out there so chose a well established group with a good reputation. like i said do your research and choose carefully.

Or you could try an exsorzisum(sp). i would do this as an last resort! very very very very last resort. call your local priest see what he says if he doesn't believe you then try another.

I have given you all the information i know and I'll leave you with this one reminder. Try to disprove it. many people get spooked and have it follow around in their head (residual voices from the last house). OH and Good Luck. let us know how it goes!
~The more we learn the less we know~

#17 skyla

skyla

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

Thank you to all who responded to my problem.  My son, daughter in law and granddaughter remained living with me in my home.  So far, nothing out of the ordinary has happened.  The home they were living in however has a lot of activity.  The landlord has said that he has had a difficult time.  He himself has heard voices and has had various items go missing while he was in the process of doing renovations.  I'm just glad that they are here with me and doing well.  This experience has definitely taught them not to take things of this nature lightly.  Again, I would like to thank all of you.

#18 h20

h20

Orb

• False Positive
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

I would get pictures of everything that happens. I get unexplain scratches on my body, but was told it could be my medication I am on.

#19 allege

allege

Orb

• False Positive
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

In short, yes they can. But I agree with everyone else that bruises can happen in other ways also. My dad works in radio broadcasting. The engineer at the place he works was grabbed by the arm one night by their resident ghost (a man that use to work at the station) and his arm was squeezed so hard that a hand print bruise formed. You could literally see the skin indenting this happened with witnesses. At the time he was reaching down with that arm to grab a piece of equipment.

I have been physically attacked by negative spirits before and marks have been left, but that is a long drawn out story.....

#20 czoom

czoom

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

That Sally Ghost on sightings did. I think that turned out to be fake though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users