• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#1 princesssbrat

princesssbrat

Ghoul

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Everything paranormal, photography, family, fun, cooking, creating

Posted 20 December 2004 - 08:39 AM

At one point during my childhood my mother thought it would be a lovely decorating idea to line two of my bedroom walls with dolls she had collected for me during my young life...... and I was horrified for 2 reasons

1) I was a total tomboy

2) The older kids in my nieghborhood told stories about how toys and ESPECIALLY dolls came to life at night to play and exact revenge upon anyone who had treated them badly.

I didn't sleep in my room until she took the dolls off of the wall, and because they had been in there I began the habit of sleeping with my feet NEVER hanging over the side of my bed.

I wonder if anyone else was scared by a similar story or ever encountered anything odd resembling ythis story - I know my kids have all been scared by the same premiss.

user posted image

"Every living creature on Earth dies alone." - Grandma Death

#2 lex

lex

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:ghost hunting.

Posted 20 December 2004 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE(princesssbrat @ Dec 20 2004, 08:39 AM)
At one point during my childhood my mother thought it would be a lovely decorating idea to line two of my bedroom walls with dolls she had collected for me during my young life...... and I was horrified for 2 reasons

1) I was a total tomboy

2) The older kids in my nieghborhood told stories about how toys and ESPECIALLY dolls came to life at night to play and exact revenge upon anyone who had treated them badly.
I didn't sleep in my room until she took the dolls off of the wall, and because they had been in there I began the habit of sleeping with my feet NEVER hanging over the side of my bed.

I wonder if anyone else was scared by a similar story or ever encountered anything odd resembling ythis story - I know my kids have all been scared by the same premiss.

View Post

when I was a child I was terrified of dolls... I couldn't stand them"I was a tom boy as well" specially the porcelain dolls...seems like no matter where you walk around in your bedroom their eyes are always following you....now I'm 28 years old I'm not quite as frightened as I was when it comes to them when I was a child...I'm more fascinated by antique Dolls...I have one staring at the right now blink.gif

#3 RaQ

RaQ

Ectoplasm

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:47 AM

My mom bought me a full floor to ceiling wall-to-wall shelving unit to display my 500+ dolls.  It was pretty creepy, but they stayed up that way for years.

I woke up screaming one morning, after having drempt that my 3 foot tall antique doll was telling me "Mommy, you are not being nice to me.", then crawling into my bed and strangling me.  Some of the smaller antique dolls were snickering and laughing from the shelf. Then the big 3 foot doll ran back to her place on the shelf.  I think I was having an episode of sleep paralysis.

blink.gif I packed those dolls up so fast.
user posted image

#4 darkmoon

darkmoon

Banshee

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Wicca, cooking, costuming, historical hauntings, plan, good beer in general, ferrets, and the greatest band ever Flogging Molly!<br /><br />Let's have some fun people!<br /><br />Call me nutter for I am the Queen!

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:54 AM

As far back as I can remember I have never liked dolls.  I have always hated clowns, people in animal suits (e.g.,  actors dressed as disney characters at Disneyland, Chuck-E-Cheese's, etc.).

I have always loved scary movies, and when I was about 11 my mum finally let me watch IT, and Dolls, the Childsplay movies. Side note- Doesn't it seem like a lot of the scary movies made it the 80's were about, or involved dolls? blink.gif

Needless to say that did it for me.
"What is that, the Idiots Guide to the Bloody Obvious" -Bucky Katt

user posted image

#5 Jess183

Jess183

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 10:39 AM

When I was little I would turn all of my dolls and stuffed animals face-down before I went to bed.  I couldnt fall asleep if they were looking at me.  I was convinced that they were watching me and waiting for me to fall asleep.  My mom says that I even told her that they would talk to me sometimes.  No one believed me, of course.

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Model Trains, Paranormal research, SCA (SCA.ORG), My family, movies, life in general.

Posted 20 December 2004 - 12:02 PM

If you like stories about Haunted Dolls then you shoudl read this thread. You will never look at them the same way again.

All about ROBERT!!

Oh and sleep well tonight!!!!

Edited by Hunter, 14 January 2005 - 07:35 AM.

Hanging around GS since the late 90's
What is normal and what is real and who are we to decide?

#7 AbsoluteAngel

AbsoluteAngel

Simply Angelic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:Techno, metal, video gaming, paranormal research, and all sorts of outdoors stuff

Posted 20 December 2004 - 04:06 PM

I'm a bit leary of those robotic dogs.. I can't remember what they're called... but I can imagine trekking down a darkened hallway in the middle of the night..and seeing those two pin point beams of lifeless energy (aka "it's eyes") glaring and burning right into me from the desolate end of the hallway *shudders*
<!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style='font-family: "Comic Sans MS"'><!--/fonto-->" Tuesday, you see, had to be free. But somehow, I've got to carry on" Lynyrd Skynyrd <!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

#8 HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,353 posts
  • Interests:Reading, hanging with my best girl (my daughter), hanging with my best guy, hockey, music, the paranormal, and RHPS

Posted 20 December 2004 - 07:22 PM

My sister used to collect porcilein dolls. For some reason, she had this harliquin one that REALLY creeped me out. I couldn't put my finger on it, but there was just something about the doll that made me really uneasy. She and I used to share a room, and she had all her dolls on a bookshelf. I couldn't sleep at night if the doll was facing the front. If I turned the around, I could sleep, but not if she was front facing! I know that sounds really weird, but hand to God, it's a true story! I was so happy the day that my sister and I got our own rooms!!!! huh.gif

Posted Image

Dr. Egon Spengler: I'm worried, Ray. All my readings point to something big on the horizon.
Winston Zeddemore: What do you mean, big?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's reading, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.
Winston Zeddemore: That's a big Twinkie.

#9 cryptid

cryptid

Ghoul

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:18 PM

Does anyone remember a series from the early 70s called Night Gallery? It was hosted by Rod Serling of Twilight Zone fame...Anyway, I remember watching one episode concerning a 'voodoo' doll a man bought for his daughter. It looked, at first, to be an ordinary doll and the little girl was delighted and played with it always. But, being a typical child, the next doll given to her became her favorite and the 'voodoo' doll was left sitting on the shelf...when the little girl woke up the next day her new doll was laying on the floor torn to bits, and the 'bad' doll was grinning evilly. The rest of the show was about the father's increasingly frantic efforts to destroy the thing before it harmed his daughter...

Yep and people say tv is bad for children now. I could never play with a doll since seeing that show (except Barbie, she was OK biggrin.gif ). And I tried very very hard to treat all my stuffed animals with TLC too.

#10 HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 22,353 posts
  • Interests:Reading, hanging with my best girl (my daughter), hanging with my best guy, hockey, music, the paranormal, and RHPS

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:30 PM

You know I think I remember seeing that show way back when.
This kind of reminds me of the story of Betty Louty.
A little girl was always playing with her imaginary friend named Betty Louty. Her parents thought was a pretty unusual name for a little girl to come up with but just shrugged it off as the little girls imagination. The little girl would always play with Betty Louty.
One day when the family was vacationing in Jamaica, the family stopped at a doll makers in Kingston (I believe it was) Apparently this is a must when you travel there. Each girl got to pick out a doll. The dolls were all specially made by women on the island, and were signed by the dollmaker. The elder sister picked out her doll without a lot on time involved. The little girl went from booth to booth looking for just the right doll. Her family began to get frustrated, when finally the little girl pointed to one of the last dolls in the last booth. "That's her!!! That's the one I want!!" So the little girl went off with her doll happily. As little girls pften do, Betty ended up undressed as the little girl went to take a bath. Her mother warned her not to get the doll wet as it would ruin it, and the little girl said, "Don't worry mommy, she's afraid of the water she just wants to watch." After her bath was done, and the little girl was safely tucked in bed, the mother gathered up the dolls clothes, and began to re-dress the doll. She turned the doll over to see if the seller was telling the truth about the doll's maker signing the doll. There on the dolls buttock was the name of the woman that made the doll. Betty Louty.

Posted Image

Dr. Egon Spengler: I'm worried, Ray. All my readings point to something big on the horizon.
Dr. Egon Spengler: Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's reading, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.

#11 thy_ghost

thy_ghost

Apport

• False Positive
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE(Hunter @ Dec 20 2004, 12:02 PM)
If you like stories about Haunted Dolls then you shoudl read this thread. You will never look at them the same way again.

All about ROBERT!!

Oh and sleep well tonight!!!!

View Post

Yeah yes Robert, I remember that one! I saw him on the Travel Channel.
I had nightmares after I saw that show
=)

#12 Corgi

Corgi

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:11 AM

I remember the "Night Gallery" episode with the voodoo doll. OMG.  It was terrifying!  Didn't it grab a knife from the kitchen? I remember the noises it made too.... I had forgotten all about that. Guess I blocked it out. Ha!   tongue.gif
IPB Image

Give me the beat boys and free my soul, I wanna get lost in your rock and roll... and drift away

http://www.virginiaghosts.com

#13 cryptid

cryptid

Ghoul

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(ladona4 @ Dec 22 2004, 02:11 PM)
I remember the "Night Gallery" episode with the voodoo doll. OMG.  It was terrifying!  Didn't it grab a knife from the kitchen? I remember the noises it made too.... I had forgotten all about that. Guess I blocked it out. Ha!   tongue.gif

View Post

Don't forget Trilogy of Terror...most of the movie was pretty laughable, except the 3rd part with the voodoo doll. That thing was uuuuuugly! It chased that woman around her apartment with it's spear, and when she 'killed' it, it's spirit possessed her. Very scary!

#14 RaQ

RaQ

Ectoplasm

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:24 PM

Does anyone remember the ventriloquist dummy from the movie Magic (1978)?  Bleeeeh!

You can buy the Trilogy of Terror Zuni Fetish Dolls now.  Just in case your nightmares from the movie are beginning to fade.
user posted image

#15 babyjo53

babyjo53

Doppelganger

• False Positive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:30 PM

I absolutely LOVE dolls, baby dolls in particular..As a child I wouldnt play with barbies, only baby dolls.I had a Betsey Wetsey doll that I played with so much she lost her head. Back in the 50s these dolls were made of rubber so that happened quite often. Well my mother threw the doll away, but I retrieved her head from the trash and continued playing with it as if all was well. My mother was horrified to see the head sitting around with my other dolls hehe..I hid the head from her and wouldnt tell her where it was but finally she found it and permanently disposed of it. The next day I was given a new Betsey Wetsey and I was satisfied! Weird little kid hehe...I continued my thing for dolls into adulthood and at one time I had close to 300 cabbage patch dolls from all around the world. I've sold most of that collection now, although I still have a few and  some porcelain dolls. My porcelain dolls are all pretty though, not the kind with vacant evil eyes. I don't like clown dolls or teenage dolls, just baby dolls. In my bedroom I have several dolls that belonged to my mother so they are around 70 years old. I guess some people would find them scary but I think they are precious because they were hers and she died when I was 8. Anyway, with all these dolls around, Ive never had one give me anything but pleasure so I think the evil doll is a rare thing indeed, so try not to fret too much....evil laugh (Jo toddles off to play with some dolls heads) hehehe
user posted image

#16 anaemia

anaemia

Ectoplasm

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 08:42 AM

Ugh! Dolls.

Having an imagination that is too vivid for my own good, I have been creeped out by them as far as I can remember. Not just dolls, anything with a face really... me and my sister had a rocking horse with big blue eyes that gave me nightmares. My best childhood friend had a wooden mask on a wall that always gave me the chills. I didn't like going into that room.
I did play with barbies and the occasional other baby doll and they didn't scare me that much, but I sure didn't want them sitting on a shelf looking at me when I would try to sleep biggrin.gif

We had an old doll up on the attic, made of plastic with thin messy blonde hair. Her eyes had been pushed into her hollow body so she just had two empty sockets in her face. I think that's where it comes from. She was packed into a cardboard box but I wouldn't even go into the part of the attic where the box was.

Still, spooky stories about dolls are my favorites smile.gif
IPB Image

#17 AbsoluteAngel

AbsoluteAngel

Simply Angelic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:Techno, metal, video gaming, paranormal research, and all sorts of outdoors stuff

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:26 PM

My mom had an antique doll/stuffed animal thingy. It was a plush monkey, similar to Curious George, but had a really boyish celluloid face.. and that thing ALWAYS gave me the creeps!
<!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style='font-family: "Comic Sans MS"'><!--/fonto-->" Tuesday, you see, had to be free. But somehow, I've got to carry on" Lynyrd Skynyrd <!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

#18 spiritoftheunicorns

spiritoftheunicorns

Incubus

• False Positive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Interests:Unicorns, Pegasus, Angels, fairys, ghost and spirits, ufos, Photo, drawing, photoshop, music = BRYAN ADAMS<br /> ;) Movies = Christian Slater +++<br /><br />

Posted 04 January 2005 - 08:18 PM

I only played with My little ponny and teddy bears  wink.gif  Cos i didnt like dolls.  blink.gif

Edited by spiritofthehorses, 04 January 2005 - 08:19 PM.

#19 AlidaD

AlidaD

Ectoplasm

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:00 AM

Even though I was a tomboy, I had a collection of dolls from around the world.  My father built a shelf up near the ceiling, so it made it easier to sleep without looking at them ;-)

However... years later I read a story about a storyteller doll... where the small children on the doll went about doing evil things.

To this day, I cannot look at a storyteller figurine without getting the chills and still haven't let one into my house!

#20 HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 22,353 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 08:02 PM

Come to think of it, my mom had a doll from when she was younger. It was kind of like a Barbie doll only a lot bigger. I remember that it used to scare the bajabbers outta of my younger sister and I!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users