Cambion

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:20 PM

I had never heard of these things until seeing this list:
http://listverse.com/bizarre/top-10-bizarr...rmal-phenomena/

I hate to say it, but I think even the Chupacabra seems more believable than these stick men. For the linkophobes, here is the excerpt from the site describing these strange creatures:

The black stick man is another entity encountered in modern times. Not to be confused with the shadow man, incredibly he is even stranger. Stick men are supposed to look like totally black, thin, stick figure drawings, such as teachers would make in kindergarten. They have been reported as between average height to impossibly tall. Their heads are just a black circle with no facial features being discernible. They are totally two dimensional, without any depth. Usually they’ve been sighted walking along roads at night, or at transitional times such as twilight or just before dawn. Bizarrely, some have reported them wearing what appears to be a top hat. Their walk is described as a weird “lolloping” gait. They are surprised when actually seen, and have followed unfortunate witnesses on occasion. Their pace remains leisurely as they approach. Obviously to be pursued by such an otherworldly creature would be anything but pleasant, and those who have encountered them have been understandably terrified. So far however, apart from being bizarrely frightening, they have done no physical harm, and ultimately just disappear.

Now, I really really do try to keep an open mind about absolutely anything paranormal...but even I wonder if substances were involved when people claimed to have seen these flat walking stick figures. Such things seem physically impossible. Has anyone else ever heard of such creatures?

#2 Guest_LadyCrymson_*

Guest_LadyCrymson_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

Sounds like somebody's tripped on a lil too much acid in their day.

#3 Roxstar

Roxstar

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:52 AM

I think I drew one of those a few times.. lol. they never came to life though. I would probably just laugh and question my sanity if they did....
Posted Image

#4 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:54 AM

Here are 2 video I found on youtube last month that has videos of walking stick aliens. Though these stick aliens are white... The first video, which is a little long but worth watching and starts of by showing what looks like a lens flare goes on to shows 2 stick aliens that walk up towards the house, The first alien that approches the house you can not see it's legs walking but the 2nd alien when it apporches you can see both legs as it walks towards the house.

The second video shows a short clip from the one above then shows another of these alien trying to sneak away in the bushes behind a boy that is being video taped. This video was taken from another country. So they are thinking that we now have a new walking stick aliens visiting us.  I'm not saying these vidoes are real or not... That is up to you to decide... They are very strange and hard to believe.

Video 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTdbi_hhSN0...feature=related

Video 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0G6MCJPmts

#5 lordofvermin

lordofvermin

Ectoplasm

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:maybe a little obvious...seeing as i am a member of a PARANORMAL forum XD

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:11 AM

Hold on...That is just silly.

Two dimensional objects can only be theoretical. Everything has a depth. Even if you draw a shape on paper, it is still the thickness of the paper. The only thing that can be 2D is a generated image.
We are about to head on to the battle field. Believe our blades will not shatter...Believe our souls will not be cut. Even if our steps separate, our iron will remains solid....Promise....Even if the ground may split... WE WILL RETURN ALIVE TO THIS PLACE.....

#6 Cambion

Cambion

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:22 PM

Wow, those videos were pretty weird. Heh...I'm glad to see that aliens, unlike humans, run away when they see a camera. Humans seem to love getting their pictures taken, even if they don't belong there, as evidenced by this picture.

I don't think something two-dimensional could exist in a three-dimensional world, could it? I mean, things that aren't in old video games anyway. I found an account from a witness to one of these odd creatures who described it as being like 'a hole in reality in the shape of something almost human'. And apparently this thing followed her and her friend home too. The Stick Man in London

#7 supernaturGal

supernaturGal

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Anything and everything supernatural! I love watching movies and TV (especially horror from A-Z grade, naturally), hiking, cross stitching, driving and reading. My fave authors are Dean Koontz, Graham Masterson, Karin Slaughter and Stephen King. I also have a comprehensive collection of non-fiction paranormal books.

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:33 PM

Those vids were interesting. Too skinny to be a 'little person' in a costume so I dunno what they were. However this black stick men thing is a little beyond the parameters of believability for me. But if I believed everything I had ever heard about, I'd pretty much just live under my bed!   wink.gif
Posted Image

#8 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE(Cambion @ Apr 26 2009, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had never heard of these things until seeing this list:
http://listverse.com/bizarre/top-10-bizarr...rmal-phenomena/

I hate to say it, but I think even the Chupacabra seems more believable than these stick men. For the linkophobes, here is the excerpt from the site describing these strange creatures:

The black stick man is another entity encountered in modern times. Not to be confused with the shadow man, incredibly he is even stranger. Stick men are supposed to look like totally black, thin, stick figure drawings, such as teachers would make in kindergarten. They have been reported as between average height to impossibly tall. Their heads are just a black circle with no facial features being discernible. They are totally two dimensional, without any depth. Usually they’ve been sighted walking along roads at night, or at transitional times such as twilight or just before dawn. Bizarrely, some have reported them wearing what appears to be a top hat. Their walk is described as a weird “lolloping” gait. They are surprised when actually seen, and have followed unfortunate witnesses on occasion. Their pace remains leisurely as they approach. Obviously to be pursued by such an otherworldly creature would be anything but pleasant, and those who have encountered them have been understandably terrified. So far however, apart from being bizarrely frightening, they have done no physical harm, and ultimately just disappear.

Now, I really really do try to keep an open mind about absolutely anything paranormal...but even I wonder if substances were involved when people claimed to have seen these flat walking stick figures. Such things seem physically impossible. Has anyone else ever heard of such creatures?

So we just build stick machine guns that shoot little straight bullets in a single file line and a stick bazookah and we kill the stick man threat...Wait, I did that in elementary school already! I'm the hero! I want a parade..."WHO'S IN CHARGE OF CONFETTI!"

"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#9 supernaturGal

supernaturGal

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Anything and everything supernatural! I love watching movies and TV (especially horror from A-Z grade, naturally), hiking, cross stitching, driving and reading. My fave authors are Dean Koontz, Graham Masterson, Karin Slaughter and Stephen King. I also have a comprehensive collection of non-fiction paranormal books.

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:20 AM

I'll throw confetti at you Sly...or anything else that may be on hand LOL   th_sarcastic_blum.gif
Posted Image

#10 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE(supernaturGal @ Apr 30 2009, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll throw confetti at you Sly...or anything else that may be on hand LOL   th_sarcastic_blum.gif

As long as it's not a handful of ninja stars...we're all good then!
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

#11 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:10 AM

I have not heard a great deal about the stick ment thing at all. It would be interesting to actually see one but I myself would have to see one to believe it I guess.

#12 PSI-Jim

PSI-Jim

Ectoplasm

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid motor enthusiast. I undertake a lot of repair work, and enjoy racing. Aside from which I am the founder of PSI - Paranormal Study and Investigation, with whom I am a keen investigator.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:10 PM

Maybe, just maybe they are disguised animations from stickdeath.com being reanimated into our natural world!

I hope not or were all dooooomed! There vicious and evil!

Hehe,

Jim

Remember there are no 'experts'. Anyone who claims they are is a fraud. We are ALL students, with varying degrees of knowledge.
Watch your favorite paranormal tv shows for free at the link below!
PSI - Paranormal Study & Investigation
PSI - Discussion Forums

#13 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:15 AM

I was thinking stickmen on crack myself when I read this, Jim, lol.

#14 AmethystLongcat

AmethystLongcat

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:17 PM

they sound quite freaky. Like the rock guy in that Terminus film ; http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3f21z_terminus
Ferocious Toaster

#15 themonican2005

themonican2005

Apport

• False Positive
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

Hey guys I just read about these men on listverse too and sure enough, we already have a thread on it smile.gif

Pretty bizarre stuff. Is this a new trend/fad? Why haven't we ever heard about stick men before?

#16 Cambion

Cambion

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

I'm thinking it is a new phenomenon because I've never heard of these things before, and I've heard of just about every cryptid in the world (I know lots of folks here are into cryptozoology too). Plus, there doesn't really seem to be a whole lot of information on them...which might be due to these things being elusive or just that they don't have an easily searchable name like 'chupacabra' or 'ghosts' - they share their name with things almost anyone can draw.

I do hope to find out more about these odd things because they really seem to be beyond belief.

#17 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

I am still on the fence on this one I am afraid. I think it would be terrorfying to encounter one though

#18 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(lorddraven2000 @ May 14 2009, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am still on the fence on this one I am afraid. I think it would be terrorfying to encounter one though

Dude...they're sticks...as in skinny. You could probably kick one in half.

#19 ghostgoose

ghostgoose

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:05 AM

Been reading through this thread now and even though these so called "stick-men" are actually not the weirdest
thing I've heard of I've yet not got the courage to click the links. Seeing how it's youtube and all, that place is
crowded with bad videos which people make/fake just to annoy us "believers".

#20 trin

trin

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,249 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:38 AM

anyone here seen cranes or herons maybe in bad light or from a distance from in front or behind?

It is a weird sort of sensation of "what the HECK is that?" for anyone not USED TO seeing them on a regular basis.

if the lighting is sorta rotten, or there's a lot of reeds in the back ground, it's a very freaky "line walking" or "line floating through the air" sort of thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users