• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Tylwythteg

Tylwythteg

Apport

• False Positive
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

The other morning I woke up about 5 am to use the bathroom. As I was returning to bed, in the hallway - I passed an orb visible to the naked eye.  First time ever this has ever happened to me.  I've seen appariations, shadow figures....etc, been a sensitive my whole life (nearly 40 yrs) and this one is new to me.  It was about waist high (I'm 5' 4") and it wasn't completely round -- it was slightly longer than tall.  The size would be put both hands together to make a circle -- now pull them apart 3 - 4 ".  It was transparent with a black "shell" for a lack of a better word.  Black probably because the hallway was still dark.  It took a few moments for my eyes to adjust to get my brain to wrap around what I was seeing.  I continued on to bed and chaulked it up to another ghostly encounter.....  but I can't help but wonder if anyone else has seen such a thing?

#2 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:13 PM

Hi, I have always seen orbs with the naked eye. For the most part they are white, sparkley, small and fast ones, some leave trails behind. Other ones are larger and move slower and seem to have some intelligence. I have seen white, gold, one green, and many black ones. I like looking at them, and I have caught a few on film too. Congrats! LOL yahoo.gif
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#3 Tylwythteg

Tylwythteg

Apport

• False Positive
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:18 PM

This one was large (compared to what people normally catch on film.)  Was either moving very slowly or was stationary in the hall.  No source of light or trail behind it. I knew it was "something" but didn't get any feeling of fear or menace from it.  Hallway isn't very wide -- so we passed each other quite close.  

~~Tylwythteg

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Jun 24 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I have always seen orbs with the naked eye. For the most part they are white, sparkley, small and fast ones, some leave trails behind. Other ones are larger and move slower and seem to have some intelligence. I have seen white, gold, one green, and many black ones. I like looking at them, and I have caught a few on film too. Congrats! LOL yahoo.gif

#4 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE(Staropeace @ Jun 24 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know....this skeptic rains on everyone's parade but have you had your bloodpressure checked ? Picture 510.gif

I know what you are thinking, but these are not floaters or problems due to the eyes or blood pressure. These things are real and dance around and land wherever they choose, its just hard to keep up with the tiny ones. The OP I believe was side by side with a spirit attempting to manifest. I saw a green one on my bedroom door that was small and it got larger and larger to the size of maybe a basketball, and it was absolutely beautiful. I only saw that once, then poof, it took off.. fighting0072.gif

#5 Guest_LadyCrymson_*

Guest_LadyCrymson_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:26 PM

I was sitting here one day working.  I see something out of the corner of my left eye and this white orb passes right in front of my eyes.  I was thinking it was just where my eyes had been fixed on the computer screen, but I looked directly at it and nothing changed about the appearance, pattern, speed, etc.  It was in absolutely no hurry whatsoever and crossed in front of me in what I can only describe as a wave-like pattern.  My heart was freaking pounding out of my chest and I was scared speechless (yes, miracles can and will happen LOL).  That's the first and last time I've ever seen anything like it.  It was pretty amazing, to say the least.

#6 Tylwythteg

Tylwythteg

Apport

• False Positive
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:15 PM

Blood pressure is quite normal.  Normal to Low; 120/70.   Eyesight is fine - a little near sighted but not bad.  No floaters in eyes.  No drugs in systems except a little Advair for asthma.  Not prone to hallucinations.  This was actually "something" paranormal.  My house is not actively haunted (remember I am a sensitive) but I do get visitors or activity every now and again.

~~Tylwythteg -- who now holds it until daylight. LOL blink.gif

QUOTE(Staropeace @ Jun 24 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know....this skeptic rains on everyone's parade but have you had your bloodpressure checked ?  Picture 510.gif

#7 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:16 PM

"Floaters" are dark specks caused by debris in the fluid of the eye and would be unlikely to be mistaken for a glowing, bright orb.

There are many things though ( most of them not of a serious nature ) that can cause a bit of pressure on the retina of the eye and cause the cells there to register light. One possibly being the blood pressure that Star mentioned. I myself am very susceptible to this ( not from blood pressure ) and see many large, bright "orbs" dazzling their way around my vision several times a day. I find it occurs most frequently when I first get up in the morning (ok ... afternoon ) and/or when I am exerting myself for whatever reason.

Of course there is no way for me to know whether your orbs are visual or paranormal ... but just be aware that there are definitely some normal things that can cause this to happen. Even in normally healthy people.

#8 Tylwythteg

Tylwythteg

Apport

• False Positive
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:32 AM

Just to be clear, this singular Orb had no light source. (perhaps it may have with captured with a camera but not to the naked eye).  Was not moving with the movement my eyes -- like looking at a light would do or "floaters".  This was something stationary -- hanging out in my hallway.  I passed by it as you would a person standing there.  Very weird and the first I've encountered since living in this house for the past 14 yrs.

A few weeks ago, I was working in my basement workshop (I have a printing business) and looked up to see movement.  Though, whatever moved was totally clear/transparent.  It reminded me of that old Stallone movie "Predator"?  Where the alien could be clear but you still could see it somewhat.  I shook it off (remember I have a  lifetime of enounters and I handle them much better now than when I was younger) and kept working.  About 15 minutes later, I was getting the hair on my arms standing up and wondered if I was just being a scaredy cat or if the electricity in the room had changed.  When one of my lights began flickering, I called it a night and went upstairs to be with my family.

I looked back on my old posts and haven't had anything of signifigance to report for a couple of years.  Wonder if 2009 will be an active year???

~~Tylwythteg

QUOTE(Snowlord @ Jun 25 2009, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Floaters" are dark specks caused by debris in the fluid of the eye and would be unlikely to be mistaken for a glowing, bright orb.

There are many things though ( most of them not of a serious nature ) that can cause a bit of pressure on the retina of the eye and cause the cells there to register light. One possibly being the blood pressure that Star mentioned. I myself am very susceptible to this ( not from blood pressure ) and see many large, bright "orbs" dazzling their way around my vision several times a day. I find it occurs most frequently when I first get up in the morning (ok ... afternoon ) and/or when I am exerting myself for whatever reason.

Of course there is no way for me to know whether your orbs are visual or paranormal ... but just be aware that there are definitely some normal things that can cause this to happen. Even in normally healthy people.

#9 evp

evp

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Interests:anomalous audio recordings & avian photography

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

As much as I'm an open minded skeptic and feel indifference to orbs, occasionally we come across situations that cannot be as readily explained. Throughout the world wide web hundreds of paranormal sites show alleged spirit activity from the flash situated so close to the actual lens of digital cameras that dust particulate, dead skin, pollen along with a plethora of other naturally occurring forms of contamination are captured.

Unfortunately many of us seasoned investigators become typically numb and look for the escape button from these sites.

Last year while investigating a nearby cemetery in Connecticut negated of natural light I came across a phenomena that certainly was an enigma and truly was a beautiful visual. Out of the darkness I saw with my naked eye along with another investigator a self illuminating orb appearing approximately 20 feet from us that grew in brightness with a 2 foot tail behind dancing among the myriad of tombstones and lasted what seemed to be at least 5 to 10 seconds.

I'm one that is totally gravitated towards audio phenomena only and needless to say both of us were stunned with no way of capturing this anomaly.  Audio recorders in hand and without a camera nonetheless we still felt privileged to witness this outstanding presence.

This phenomena intrigued me to research this rather unusual spectacle and here is what I've found according to several sources.

Commonly known as "ghost lights", "ignis fatuus",or will-o'-the-wisp, this phenomena is said to occur occasionally and many feel it can result from environmental conditions whether it be geological, leylines or for that matter marsh gas or ball lightning.

There is certainly a great deal of folklore regarding this phenomena most popular luring weary travelers off their given path and having them lost without a way back. I've also read that some cultures associate this as an omen of misfortune to those who witness it.

Dale Kaczmarek from Ghost Research Society has research this phenomena for decades and authored several pieces concerning "ghost lights".

Finally in my opinion for what it's worth coming from an audio person, I'm sitting on the fence and not drawing any conclusions let alone suggesting it's spirit based. Instead, I just hope I witness it again in my lifetime as I found it truly fascinating while it was manifesting.

Edited by evp, 26 June 2009 - 08:57 PM.

Posted Image
"Men who have excessive faith in their theories and ideas are not only ill
prepared in making discoveries; they also make poor observations."
---Claude Bernard---

#10 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

Can you give an idea of the size of the orb, and maybe it's color?

#11 Tylwythteg

Tylwythteg

Apport

• False Positive
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

Hi Snowbird,

Size: was larger than a softball and smaller than a basketball.  Not perfectly round -  longer than tall.  It was the color of the dark hallway -- so the impression I got was it was transparent with a darker shell around it - so a black outline if you will.  It seemed stationary in the hall or was moving slowly.

~Tylwythteg

QUOTE(Snowlord @ Jun 27 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you give an idea of the size of the orb, and maybe it's color?

#12 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:45 AM

Ok ... I didn't quite catch that first time around ( or the second time, actually ). So this was a dark object ... not a glowing ball of light.

#13 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:56 AM

I have seen a few orbs without the aid of a camera. It is always an amazing experience.

#14 Indigo

Indigo

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

I've always seen small white one's in motion, but once saw a large yellow one moving very slow.

#15 clinsey

clinsey

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

When I was little, I used to see these little spots of white light moving around every morning when I woke up.  My sister mentioned them to me and asked if I could see them, too.  And I could!  Very strange.  They were just like the "stars" you see if you stand up too fast.  But they were always there when we woke up in the morning and were still just laying in bed.

Might just be something to do w/just waking up but it stopped (can't remember when exactly) and it's not something that ever happens to me since that very young age.  Maybe they were "orbs" and it's something I've lost the ability to see as I've grown up?

It sounds like what the poster saw was an area of distortion surrounded by a dark outline but not giving off light?  That's what it sounds like to me but I'm not sure that what she/he described is an "orb".  Maybe it's something else I've never heard of?

Just my thoughts.

Edited by clinsey, 03 July 2009 - 06:06 PM.

#16 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE(Indigo @ Jul 3 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've always seen small white one's in motion, but once saw a large yellow one moving very slow.

I saw a yellow one also and got a pic of it. I was told it meant "A warning" of some sort. In my case it sure was. Not sure we all perceive colors the same, but that was my experience. Picture 510.gif

#17 Tylwythteg

Tylwythteg

Apport

• False Positive
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:27 PM

Yes, maybe "orb" wasn't the correct word as it wasn't typical of what is seen by "ghost hunters" per se.  Maybe I should have said; I saw a semi-transparent "blob" in the hallway with a darker outline.   Picture 541.gif  It was quite "there" though -- no mist, no haze, no question what I was seeing.  I passed carefully by it as if passing a person.  Maybe I was????

As long as I've had paranormal experiences - this was a first for me.  And the reason for my post -- to see if others had ever seen anything similiar.

~~Tylwythteg

[It sounds like what the poster saw was an area of distortion surrounded by a dark outline but not giving off light?  That's what it sounds like to me but I'm not sure that what she/he described is an "orb".  Maybe it's something else I've never heard of?

Just my thoughts

#18 daphnerose

daphnerose

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

I've seen orbs most my life.  I've posted before about when I was around 12 and saw several orbs swirling very fast at the top of my walls near the ceiling.  They  circled the room for at least a full minute before I finally ran out of my room.  I've also seen squares of light that interacted with my cat.  More than I can name and yes I have my eyes checked regularily, this isn't a case of floaters.  But as for catching anything paranormal on film, can't do it!
daphne

#19 Tylwythteg

Tylwythteg

Apport

• False Positive
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:46 AM

Just a small update on the black orb I encounterd in the hallway last summer.  I attended a "Mind, Body, Soul" workshop with friend on Dec. 1st.  This workshop featured aura photography, pyschic readings, reflexology, ear-candling, and much much more.

First, I had my aura read, I had always been curious as to what color I am.  To my surprise, I am a white.  White is the highest vibration of all the colors and indicates I am highly sensitive, spiritual, intuitive.  Also my crown Charka (purple/head) is the highest developed - which is an indication of being a sensitive with intuition qualities.   I was asked by the aura person if I myself was a "reader" or medium.  I was also asked this same question 2 other times by other pyschics, mediums, and clarvoyiants there that evening.

Anyway, I asked a few of the "professionals" there what was the black ball I encountered in the hall - and everyone answered that it was harmless.  That I came upon an energy that didn't want to scare me or be noticed - therefore, it was trying to blend in with the darkness of the hallway.  I have to say I agree.  I didn't feel threatened in any way. And I was able to go back to bed and go to sleep without worrying about what I had just encountered. Had I not "sensed" something was there, I would have not known any better.  

~~Tylwythteg

#20 Mikah

Mikah

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:15 PM

T,

Could be the infamous "Shadow Bubble".  LOL Hey, ya never know.

For the record I never saw an orb in my life outside of photographs. I'm going to dig out my old photos and ask my nephew to scan the one of the beachball sized, transparent, black surrounded thingie sitting on the edge of the bed in my front room.

That workshop sounded cool. I'm glad you're of the highest vibration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users