• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 spookywoman

spookywoman

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:13 AM

We have lived in 3 different places and every place there is always a man with a black hat and black trench coat standing outside my daughters bedroom.
He is short but I can never see his face. He has never bothered my daughter, just stands outside her room.
It's just weird, but never bothers us at all.

#2 clinsey

clinsey

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:48 AM

Welcome Spookywomen!

That is interesting.  Do you see the man outside your daughter's room often?  Has your daughter or anyone else ever seen him?  Does he appear all black, or just the hat and trench coat?  Sorry for all the questions, I'm curious!

Glad he doesn't bother anyone.  Sounds like nothing to be afraid of.  Maybe it's a relative who pops in now and then to check on her.  If it's all black it could be what is referred to as a shadow person.  They are generally thought of as curious observers and some feel they may even be benevolent beings.  My one experience where I witnessed a shadow person I feel it was trying to help me.  It initially spooked the crud out of me because of it's dark appearance.  I associated it with being a "dark" entity, but have come to realize it was probably just being helpful.  

I'm leaning toward a human spirit (relative?), though, because of the hat and trench coat.  I think shadow people usually appear as a human shaped shadow but not usually associated with wearing any type of clothing.

Just my thoughts and I'm by far no expert.  Thanks for sharing your experience!

#3 hatsheput63

hatsheput63

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:egypt..crafts..reading...history..drawing..my family...antiques..ghosts...evps...

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:50 AM

I would research relatives....
What is this ghost shadow that brushes my shoulder?

The night wind whispers
And I must follow.

Long is the shadow
cast by the black wings of fear.

#4 spookywoman

spookywoman

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:35 AM

My daughter seen him multiple times.
I did look into the family didn't get anywhere with that.
I was thinking since they attach themselves to furniture that it
could be a relative.  My daughter has a antique dresser that she
has been using for years. It came from my mother in law.
I just think it's someone looking over her. She has accepted him so
that is good.

#5 HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,353 posts
  • Interests:Reading, hanging with my best girl (my daughter), hanging with my best guy, hockey, music, the paranormal, and RHPS

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:43 AM

Hello spookywoman!

Seeing as how your daughter has spotted the man in the black hat and trench coat at three different houses you have lived in, I think that your theory of him being attached to the dresser is very plausible.
I would agree that maybe he is someone who is watching over your daughter. Does your mother-in-law know the history behind the dresser?

Posted Image

Dr. Egon Spengler: I'm worried, Ray. All my readings point to something big on the horizon.
Winston Zeddemore: What do you mean, big?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's reading, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.
Winston Zeddemore: That's a big Twinkie.

#6 clinsey

clinsey

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:06 AM

Glad your daughter isn't freaked out by the presence.  Sounds like it's nothing to worry about and I think you'd both get the sense if it was something nasty.  

A history on the dresser would be interesting.  Also, have you ever mention the hat and trench coat guy to your MIL and if so, what did she think?

#7 spookywoman

spookywoman

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:53 PM

I did talk to my MIL. She just said it was her fathers but that was all she knew.
She is looking into if it was also her grandfathers.

#8 the_gray_jester

the_gray_jester

Maniacal Metalhead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Parapsychology, Metal music, Photography, Writing, reading, and investigating.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

im liking this spook,  dresses just like me. except im much taller :P

on a seriouse note, im glad it doesnt scare your daughter. but for it to hang around without approaching her. has she ever talked about speaking to him?  ask her if shes ever had a covnersation with the man, maybe she asked him who he is.  i do not, however, recomend you prompting her to speak to him. if she hasnt on her own, and he hasnt made an attempt either, dont tempt fate. im pretty sure hes docile, but why press any buttons.
Posted Image

#9 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Interests:History of places, haunted or not..
    Love cooking and making new things and new recipes are always fun! And well.. Love Cemeteries and Folklore and Love to hear of the History of the United States as well as Abroad.. which has a vast history all by itself!

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

You must spook people right out Jester a way tall man in a black trench coat and hat??
Spooky!   smile.gif

Anyways I am glad your daughter accepts the entity and it does not sound bad at all.. it could be someone who owned the dresser just watching your little one. .
Children always feel more then we do and where she is not feeling afraid or anything then it should be fine unless it changes.. just keep an eye out..
Do find out about the dresser and share with us I would love to see a picture of it..
I bet it is pretty where it has been in the family so long..
Interested in spirits and the history of places..
Peace and Blessings, Lynne'

Posted Image

#10 lissybird

lissybird

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:31 AM

Connected to the dresser and has been there in three different houses - that is very neat!  innocent0005.gif

I humbly feel that this entity is protective of your daughter - bearing no ill-will, a benevolent presence, friend.
Since Summer 2005, haunting GS/PS
Prissy Lissy!
Formerly eaj (elizabeth anne jane) and tara juliet
Pooky Fan!

#11 the_gray_jester

the_gray_jester

Maniacal Metalhead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Parapsychology, Metal music, Photography, Writing, reading, and investigating.

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

You must spook people right out Jester a way tall man in a black trench coat and hat??
Spooky!

ill post a pic in the "lets get to know one another" thread. hopefully im not toooooo spooky :P

can you take a picture of the dresser for us? im sure many of the members would love to see what a potentialy haunted piece of furniture looks like,  and maybe we will luck aout and see something else.
Posted Image

#12 Roxstar

Roxstar

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:33 PM

Wow, that's a really fascinating story.  I know if I saw him I would try and take pictures and communicate with him, but that's just my nature. Have you ever tried to do anything like that? I am glad he doesn't scare you guys, and hopefully he never  will. smile.gif Thanx for sharing....
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users