• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:51 PM

I watched Unexplained Mysteries earlier and Mr. Ramsey gave an interview where he discussed the before and after the exorcism. He came to the states even though he really didnt believe he was possessed, but he did know something was very wrong. Also police officers and others gave their witness accounts. Before anyone takes a fit here, it was someone who called Bishop McKenna who performed the exorcism. The Warrens observed it I believe. The man stated he's had no more episodes and if "I could kiss Bishop McKenna I would." He said that I didnt..Interesting stuff..

New England Society for Psychic Research | warrens.net

EDIT: Cause I cannot spell werewolf..LOL

Edited by HelenaHandBaskettGStudy, 09 November 2009 - 03:43 PM.

YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#2 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Nov 7 2009, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I watched Unexplained Mysteries earlier and Mr. Ramsey gave an interview where he discussed the before and after the exorcism. He came to the states even though he really didnt believe he was possessed, but he did know something was very wrong. Also police officers and others gave their witness accounts. Before anyone takes a fit here, it was someone who called Bishop McKenna who performed the exorcism. The Warrens observed it I believe. The man stated he's had no more episodes and if "I could kiss Bishop McKenna I would." He said that I didnt..Interesting stuff..

New England Society for Psychic Research | warrens.net

EDIT: Cause I cannot spell werewolf..LOL

Another story by the Warrens with No documentation at all, no verifiable facts no mention anywhere besides by the Warrens,  and involving an exorsism by their pet renagade priest.  And one with a lot unanswered questions.
    I guess I will never understand why normally intellegent people,  people smart enough not to fall for every hoax and scam, people who know the difference between a story that is fiction and one which is fact,   always seem to believe everything the Warrens say without question.

But my big question on this case is how the heck did someone in a mental institution long term in London get a visa or whatever to be allowed to travel to the US.   If the incident happened in 1983,  and if the exorsism was performed by BISHOP McKenna,  then he has to have been in that mental hospital for a least 3 years.

#3 the evil

the evil

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:http://tevilblog.blogspot.com/

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:58 AM

does anyone have video to this. i know its out there and have checked everywhere but they are all broken links.

I have personally met the warrens (mainly her and tony) on two occasions (one very personally) and find them to be fascinating and passionate to their art BUT I do take some heed to their stories with a suspension of disbelief. She was a super sweet heart of a lady and we had a ton of fun with them and i do beleive their stories to a point.

has anyone seen their youtube video of the poltergeist activity around the kitchen table? that was pretty neat.

Edited by the evil, 09 November 2009 - 11:59 AM.

#4 HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,376 posts
  • Interests:Reading, hanging with my best girl (my daughter), hanging with my best guy, hockey, music, the paranormal, and RHPS

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:51 PM

Here are a couple of links on Bishop Mckenna that I found interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_McKenna

http://www.rosarychapel.net/aboutbishop.php

There are a tonne of links about him online. He seems to be a bit of a renegade.

Here is a link to an exorcism preformed by McKenna, but I don't think it"s the one you're asking for the_evil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmbvDrd-ZVo

BA, is the the case that the book Satan's Harvest is based on?

Posted Image

Dr. Egon Spengler: I'm worried, Ray. All my readings point to something big on the horizon.
Winston Zeddemore: What do you mean, big?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's reading, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.
Winston Zeddemore: That's a big Twinkie.

#5 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE(the evil @ Nov 9 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
does anyone have video to this. i know its out there and have checked everywhere but they are all broken links.

I have personally met the warrens (mainly her and tony) on two occasions (one very personally) and find them to be fascinating and passionate to their art BUT I do take some heed to their stories with a suspension of disbelief. She was a super sweet heart of a lady and we had a ton of fun with them and i do beleive their stories to a point.

has anyone seen their youtube video of the poltergeist activity around the kitchen table? that was pretty neat.

Agreed Lorraine is a very sweet and kind woman. Everyone "blames" them for diagnosing lots of demonic activity, but no one else went into those homes and saved so many families. I know the Video you are talking about. Is that the one where Ed was sitting on a chair and then pushed against a wall? That was on "A Haunting" but I forget which episode. I believe they have helped a great deal of people, and thats all that matters to me.

#6 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:51 PM

Thank you for the links Helena. The story revolving around Satan's Harvest took place outside of Boston, I believe. This particular man, lived in the UK and came to the states for the exorcisms. There was no sound on his video, at least for me. I just happened to catch this on Unexplained Mysteries that aired Sunday. I never heard of this prior to that. I plan to research this a little more.. thanks.gif

#7 Methos

Methos

Ghoul

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Weightlifting,martial arts,reading,demonology,<br />exorcism,camping and other things.

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

Here is a video about it-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Qwbe0jTvI Also Ed and lorraine wrote a book about it quite awhile ago and if you find it on amazon or other places people want usually around $70.00 for it but if you look hard enough you can find it for cheaper. It is called Werewolf: A true story of demonic possession. The story of Bill Ramsey was on the tv show sightings few times and a few articles which can probably be found online and i always thought Bill`s story was interesting and it had a good amount of witnesses to his strange behavior including the police and his poor Wife.Here is the video part one and two from the Sightings tv show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaIIcR79B-o GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! : )
There are two mistakes people usually make when it comes to the devil:One is not to believe in him at all;The other is to believe in him too much.

Too many people want to believe that hell has air-conditioning.

#8 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:30 PM

LOL COOL, thanks Methos!!!! happy0045.gif

#9 Lady Sorbus

Lady Sorbus

Offical GS Headshrinker

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, history, paranormal, symbology, theatre, cinema, Knights Templar, classic cartoons (none of the rubbish out there now), shamanism and witchcraft

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Nov 9 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe they have helped a great deal of people, and thats all that matters to me.

But how do you know they've truly helped anyone if, as Judecat stated, there is no proof?

#10 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE(Lady Sorbus @ Nov 10 2009, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But how do you know they've truly helped anyone if, as Judecat stated, there is no proof?

I happen to know a few families personally they have helped, and even Lorraine on her own has assisted since Ed's death. I believe when it comes to anything paranormal, proving it, is always up for debate. This case is very strong, and I find the proof by all the witnesses accounts including police officers. I find it rare that those who were possessed went public to share it with the World, would you? Oppression is nearly as bad as possession but a different degree. Its been said that a Demonic can possess one family member and at the blink of an eye possess another. I believe the Warrens broke ground and put Demonic hauntings, and possessions out there. As much as people dont want to believe these things, they certainly do happen. IMO.. bunny.gif

#11 HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,376 posts
  • Interests:Reading, hanging with my best girl (my daughter), hanging with my best guy, hockey, music, the paranormal, and RHPS

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE(Methos @ Nov 9 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a video about it-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Qwbe0jTvI Also Ed and lorraine wrote a book about it quite awhile ago and if you find it on amazon or other places people want usually around $70.00 for it but if you look hard enough you can find it for cheaper. It is called Werewolf: A true story of demonic possession. The story of Bill Ramsey was on the tv show sightings few times and a few articles which can probably be found online and i always thought Bill`s story was interesting and it had a good amount of witnesses to his strange behavior including the police and his poor Wife.Here is the video part one and two from the Sightings tv show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaIIcR79B-o GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! : )

Holy!! Is that ever a blast from the past!! I used to love watching Sightings!!

I do like this episode, but the thing that sets off bells for me, is when Bill says, "The Warrens TOLD me I was possessed". I have to wonder why the exorcism wasn't recorded on video though.

The still photos that they show don't really show anything out of the ordinary in my opinion.

I have to wonder if Bill would believe that he was possessed if it hadn't been for the Warrens telling him he was....

Posted Image

Dr. Egon Spengler: I'm worried, Ray. All my readings point to something big on the horizon.
Winston Zeddemore: What do you mean, big?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's reading, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.
Winston Zeddemore: That's a big Twinkie.

#12 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:26 AM

To me that's the things with the Warrens,  and with the people they have "helped" Helena.  Besides the Warrens,  who else told these people they were possessed?   Did the people involved actually call on the Warren's for help,  or did the Warrens somehow find out about the people,  decided they were possessed,   and then show up and (try to) convince the person that they were possessed.  

And then there is the question of what exactly are the Warren's qualifications.  What are their credentials?  What gives them the authority to declare themselves experts and can state with confidence that no,  this guy did not have mental illness,  he was in fact possessed -- without even having met the man.

#13 Feeler

Feeler

Undead Ed's Biggest Fan

• False Positive
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:My kiddos; reading; movies; my family; judge shows; food; the Internet; ghosts; hauntings; meditation.

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE(Judecat @ Nov 13 2009, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To me that's the things with the Warrens,  and with the people they have "helped" Helena.  Besides the Warrens,  who else told these people they were possessed?   Did the people involved actually call on the Warren's for help,  or did the Warrens somehow find out about the people,  decided they were possessed,   and then show up and (try to) convince the person that they were possessed.  

And then there is the question of what exactly are the Warren's qualifications.  What are their credentials?  What gives them the authority to declare themselves experts and can state with confidence that no,  this guy did not have mental illness,  he was in fact possessed -- without even having met the man.

What makes anyone an expert in any claim?  I would say I am an expert in floral design since I was a florist for 15+ years, know every design style, have used almost every technique, read and studied designing, etc.  I have extensive background in design itself, not just floral.  

Here is what wikipedia says about the title 'expert':
An expert ( Audio (US) (help·info)) is someone widely recognized as a reliable source of technique or skill whose faculty for judging or deciding rightly, justly, or wisely is accorded authority and status by their peers or the public in a specific well-distinguished domain. An expert, more generally, is a person with extensive knowledge or ability based on research, experience, or occupation and in a particular area of study. Experts are called in for advice on their respective subject, but they do not always agree on the particulars of a field of study. An expert can be, by virtue of credential, training, education, profession, publication or experience, believed to have special knowledge of a subject beyond that of the average person, sufficient that others may officially (and legally) rely upon the individual's opinion. Historically, an expert was referred to as a sage (Sophos). The individual was usually a profound thinker distinguished for wisdom and sound judgment.

I say the Warrens fall into the 'expert' category with great ease.  I also believe people have found relief once the Warrens have been involved and therefor felt 'helped'.  It doesn't take much to help people- even just knowing someone supports you in what you are having issues with?  That support alone is helpful.  

#14 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:44 PM

"An expert ( Audio (US) (help·info)) is someone widely recognized as a reliable source of technique or skill whose faculty for judging or deciding rightly, justly, or wisely is accorded authority and status by their peers or the public in a specific well-distinguished domain."

I'd say they are not Widely recognized as a reliable source,  of the people who have heard of them there are just as many who think they are full of it as there are who believe in them.  I don't think the part about recognition by their peers applies, because according to the way they present themselves they have no peers.  According to the Warrens they are the ONLY ones who can help.   And then there is the well-distinguished domain part.  How can you decide if their are using good judgement or are even doing it right if there is not a clear agreement as to what it is they are doing.
Since Ed has claimed to be a "relgious demonologist" and the only one of 7 who is not a priest,  and that he is one because of his work with the Catholic Church.    Has anyone seen proof,  other than just the statement on the website.    
  One of the qualifications is that a religious demonologist must be trained in psychology and able to recognize the  a true demon and various psychological issues.  
The work must be done as an act of charity. You cannot mix any selfish motives into the work: fame, bragging rights, monetary compensation, social power, or other benefits. This must be work for good, for God, not for you in any sense.

If you are going to Claim the authority of any organization then you need to at least try to look like you following the rules of the organization.

#15 Methos

Methos

Ghoul

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Weightlifting,martial arts,reading,demonology,<br />exorcism,camping and other things.

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(HelenaHandBaskettGStudy @ Nov 11 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy!! Is that ever a blast from the past!! I used to love watching Sightings!!

I do like this episode, but the thing that sets off bells for me, is when Bill says, "The Warrens TOLD me I was possessed". I have to wonder why the exorcism wasn't recorded on video though.

The still photos that they show don't really show anything out of the ordinary in my opinion.

I have to wonder if Bill would believe that he was possessed if it hadn't been for the Warrens telling him he was....

LOL! Sightings was a cool show. happy0045.gif And the old the old In Search Of.. was another good show i watched in re-runs when i was a young monster. devil.gif

I can understand your spidey sense going off at that statement and it is understandable and it really does depend sometimes on the credibility of who is claiming the possession.

"I have to wonder if Bill would believe that he was possessed if it hadn't been for the Warrens telling him he was...."

Good question!
There are two mistakes people usually make when it comes to the devil:One is not to believe in him at all;The other is to believe in him too much.

#16 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(Methos @ Nov 13 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"I have to wonder if Bill would believe that he was possessed if it hadn't been for the Warrens telling him he was...."

Either that or he would have his own show on Animal Planet. tomato2.gif

#17 Feeler

Feeler

Undead Ed's Biggest Fan

• False Positive
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:My kiddos; reading; movies; my family; judge shows; food; the Internet; ghosts; hauntings; meditation.

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE(Judecat @ Nov 13 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"An expert ( Audio (US) (help·info)) is someone widely recognized as a reliable source of technique or skill whose faculty for judging or deciding rightly, justly, or wisely is accorded authority and status by their peers or the public in a specific well-distinguished domain."

I'd say they are not Widely recognized as a reliable source,  of the people who have heard of them there are just as many who think they are full of it as there are who believe in them.  I don't think the part about recognition by their peers applies, because according to the way they present themselves they have no peers.  According to the Warrens they are the ONLY ones who can help.   And then there is the well-distinguished domain part.  How can you decide if their are using good judgement or are even doing it right if there is not a clear agreement as to what it is they are doing.
Since Ed has claimed to be a "relgious demonologist" and the only one of 7 who is not a priest,  and that he is one because of his work with the Catholic Church.    Has anyone seen proof,  other than just the statement on the website.    
  One of the qualifications is that a religious demonologist must be trained in psychology and able to recognize the  a true demon and various psychological issues.  
The work must be done as an act of charity. You cannot mix any selfish motives into the work: fame, bragging rights, monetary compensation, social power, or other benefits. This must be work for good, for God, not for you in any sense.

If you are going to Claim the authority of any organization then you need to at least try to look like you following the rules of the organization.

In my opinion their classification as 'experts' falls true.  In your opinion the opposite is obviously true.

I do not mean to pry but is there anyone you would believe in such a capacity?  I apologize if you have mentioned it before.  I don't follow every single post...

#18 Methos

Methos

Ghoul

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Nov 14 2009, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Either that or he would have his own show on Animal Planet. tomato2.gif

happy0194.gif I am sure otherwise some other reality show like Dancing with a Werewolf or some show that has women competing for a date with a werewolf like Lycanthropy of Love.
LOL!!  I have no doubt, sad but true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Picture 483.gif  

#19 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE(Methos @ Nov 14 2009, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
happy0194.gif I am sure otherwise some other reality show like Dancing with a Werewolf or some show that has women competing for a date with a werewolf like Lycanthropy of Love.
LOL!! I have no doubt, sad but true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Picture 483.gif

Or the infamous "Who wants to be a Werewolf?" or "American Werewolf Idol?" The possibilities are endless. Back to topic, I believe the history of this man, his actions and behavior, along with his own and witness accounts, was possessed. I believe possessed people dont know they are, so we have to rely on the folks around him, loved ones and all, and the fact that the exorcism worked. I have total faith also in Bishop Robert McKenna. devil.gif

#20 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(Feeler @ Nov 14 2009, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my opinion their classification as 'experts' falls true.  In your opinion the opposite is obviously true.

I do not mean to pry but is there anyone you would believe in such a capacity?  I apologize if you have mentioned it before.  I don't follow every single post...

I don't know of anyone specific,  but it would have to be someone who all least did not seem totally ignorant of the rules for the credentials they claim.  At least someone who knew the difference between neurological or mental illness and possession.  And for sure someone who knew the difference between my dead brother and a demon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users