10 replies to this topic

#1 white orchid

white orchid

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:58 PM

WELLSBURG, W.Va.  -- A historic Brooke County mansion is at the center of a police and paranormal investigation after skeletal remains were found hidden in a wall.The remains were found at Aspen Manor in Wellsburg after a paranormal group said they sensed someone was buried in a basement wall and said they followed voice to the area."A couple of the psychics that were part of that group got physically sick when they went down there and they couldn't figure out why," said Gene Valentine, who owns the building.After following the voice, they broke down the wall and found bones -- as well as reading glasses, hair and other items -- then called police.Sheriff Richard Ferguson said the bones had "been chopped up into pieces" and had saw marks on them."They appear to be very old, but still intact, and we have no time frame. We're actually looking back into the history of this area," Ferguson said.The remains were removed from the wall and are being sent to the state medical examiner, who will determine if they are human or animal."They found some questionable bones and I still cannot confirm or deny that they're human," Ferguson said.The owner of the building, Gene Valentine, said the paranormal group came to the 76,000-square-foot mansion in search of spirits, but had no idea what they would find. Valentine said he isn't surprised by the discovery."I've had a few psychic friends walk through here and they've had really bad reactions in the house," Valentine said.The mansion was built in the 1895 by the Vandergrift family as a boys' getaway that hosted gambling and cockfights. Later, it changed hands and the Catholic community took over and turned it into an assisted living home. Most recently, Valentine purchased it and turned it into a bed and breakfast.Valentine said he is in the process of remodeling, but said if officials determine the bones are human, he will let them do whatever is necessary to investigate and find out what else might be hidden on the property.Stay with NEWS9 and WTOV9.com for continuing coverage as details become available.

sauce

#2 hatsheput63

hatsheput63

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:egypt..crafts..reading...history..drawing..my family...antiques..ghosts...evps...

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

they found reading glasses,hair,and otheritems,but,they think they are animal bones?
What is this ghost shadow that brushes my shoulder?
The night wind whispers and I must follow. Long is the shadow cast by the black wings of fear.

Posted Image

#3 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:29 PM

That was wonderful they located what I presume to be a body, or whats left to it. Wonder how long its been there? Let us know if there is any update and thanks for sharing that with us.. Picture 541.gif
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#4 Guest_Para-Preist_*

Guest_Para-Preist_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

Now if somehow they could prove someone sensed a body buried in the basement wall BEFORE the bones were discovered then I would be impressed. Picture 524.GIF

#5 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Interests:History of places, haunted or not..
    Love cooking and making new things and new recipes are always fun! And well.. Love Cemeteries and Folklore and Love to hear of the History of the United States as well as Abroad.. which has a vast history all by itself!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:19 PM

They followed a voice? hmm so I guess a voice was heard through the wall of the spirit or something apparently the Paranormal Investigators found this find following a voice.
I don't know it seems now a days everyone has a basement with bones.. reminds me of the song:  "Diggin' up Bones" By Randy Travis..
Every old house's basement in America seems to be able to do that in their basement LOL smile.gif
But my what a history if you continue to look at the "sauce" which I think is supposed to be SOURCE.. it states that they also collected EVPs of clicking noises which nuns used to use clickers at the time to calm the kids down. Well the clicking noises could of been anything down there I am sure.. but you never know..
If those bones are human though eww..
I don't know if I would want to stay on myself.. eww..
But I guess this new owner is remodeling and well in the remodeling he must of stirred up some spirits indeed...
He states too he will let them do as they need and dig up what they need to do to get to the bottom of the investigation but heck what if he has TONS more bodies strewn through there??? Wow! This could of been owned by some mob or morbid family too at one time that killed a bunch of people!  Okay I am watching way too many horror movies of late! LOL
But still interesting story I hope they don't sweep it under the rug and don't tell us more later so you can post more to us smile.gif
Cuz I will write the frigging television station and see the results myself lol smile.gif
Now I want to know! LOL

Interested in spirits and the history of places..
Peace and Blessings, Lynne'

Posted Image

#6 kareng25

kareng25

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:22 PM

Well this is intresting..

#7 vegankjh

vegankjh

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:53 AM

hatsheput63 Posted Nov 10 2009, 01:07 PM
  they found reading glasses,hair,and otheritems,but,they think they are animal bones?

I don't really know how to do the whole quote thing on here, so I just copied and pasted the above comment.

But anyway, yes!! It probably was an animal as I know many of my pets wear reading glasses. Don't yours?!

Haha...I swear, some people make me laugh. I'm with you. Why in the world would they think it was an animal remains?!?!?!?!

#8 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(vegankjh @ Dec 7 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hatsheput63 Posted Nov 10 2009, 01:07 PM

I don't really know how to do the whole quote thing on here, so I just copied and pasted the above comment.

But anyway, yes!! It probably was an animal as I know many of my pets wear reading glasses. Don't yours?!

Haha...I swear, some people make me laugh. I'm with you. Why in the world would they think it was an animal remains?!?!?!?!

they think SOME of the bones are subject to scrutiny. I'm pretty sure they got from the general pile that there are human bones. But who knows. Maybe the psycho killed and chooped his pooch up along with him just for shear fun.
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#9 fuzzyghost

fuzzyghost

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:03 PM

This could turn out to be a very interesting place, I'm gonna keep checking on this one.
user posted image

#10 clinsey

clinsey

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

I've been wondering if they ever came out with the results of the bone tests.  I just found this:
http://www.topix.com/city/wellsburg-wv/200...ified-not-human

#11 ectomist

ectomist

Train Wreck Conductor

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Interests:Horses, ghosts and more.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:55 AM

Wow that cow was a thinker. That sly fox must have knocked the cows glasses to the floor and while he was searching for them, the fox slyly walled him up.

"Honey, Milk the cow will you?" said the farmers wife.

"I dont wanna milk the cow. She's to smart for her own good, what with them glasses now, she's reading the almanac on her own!" pouted the farmer.

MILK THE D**** COW....!!!! replied the kindly farmers wife.

"I'll fix her. I'm gunna bury that cow somewhere where she will never find her.  Where would you NEVER look for a cow? Oh I know the basement... perfect! She won't go down there on no account due to the spiders and dirt floor anyways." Insert evil laugh.....

5 hours later:

"Sorry, my lovely wife, no milk! I can not find the cow, I've looked everywhere a cow would be...." stated the farmer as he sat at the dinner table.

"Did you check with the optomolgist?" quized the wife.

One must but open their eyes, to see what it right in front of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users