#1 Joe Joe

Joe Joe

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:07 PM

So my brother told me a while back that it's possible to turn a normal everyday web cam into a full spectrum camera that I've been hearing so much about lately. I didn't really believe it until he let me borrow it and man, is it awesome. Thing works like a charm, and the cam only cost $12, I guess you can convert any cam (correction, DIGITAL ONLY) into full spectrum, I'm not exactly sure how it works but I guess there's a filter behind the lens that prevents uv and led light from coming in and you just take the filter out. Here's a vid of me demonstrating what it looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unf3Pb116qM

I would never let him do this to my digital cameras or my camcorder but I would gladly buy more web cams and convert them. Also if you plan on doing this I would do a little research first as I have no idea how to do it and don't want to be responsible for anybody breaking their cams on accident. He told me it's easy though and I'm sure it's nothing new, I just think it's very awesome and wanted to share to those who aren't aware of full spectrum cams.

Edited by Joe Joe, 24 February 2010 - 05:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users