• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Scarlett_rose

Scarlett_rose

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:53 AM

Ok so im wondering can a ghost touch you. For example can they touch your shoulder or something. And if they Can touch you why cant you touch them?
Im just curious. happy.gif

With love

Erica (:

#2 ghost137

ghost137

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Researcher.
    Writer, Artist, Explorer.

Specialties:
    Ancient Myths, Afterlife, Time Travel.

Odd Interests:
    Codes, Ciphers, Physics.

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE(Scarlett_rose @ Apr 4 2010, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok so im wondering can a ghost touch you. For example can they touch your shoulder or something. And if they Can touch you why cant you touch them?
Im just curious. happy.gif

With love

Erica (:

Erica,

it's a common occurrence for someone to say they felt something touch them.

Because spirits are non corporeal your hand or body tends to usually feel a cold area or tingling feeling if you pass through them or they pass through you.

The basic understanding is a spirit has to manifest energy to touch you, it doesn't feel solid very long just a brief moment.

As of yet this is still all guess work of why it happens.

Hope this helps,

Ghost137

- Ghost137 4mula -

To reach the 'Witching Hour' start at 24:59:59 + .01 Then Add: -.01(10)-9 till: -00.00.00 < -00.59.59 + (-.01) Add: .01(10)-9 or be lost forever.

#3 Supernerd

Supernerd

Ghoul

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Cats, books, music, paranormal, art, swords, jokes, crochet, etc...etc... and all that jazz. ;-)

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

Yes, they can touch you. I've had one tap me on the shoulder, stroke my hand and my hair. It takes them a lot of energy for them to do so, so doesn't last long. But the sharp tap on the shoulder is the most unnerving incident I've ever had. Family had to peel me off the ceiling. laugh.gif
Never play leapfrog with a Unicorn!

Haunted New Zealand
NZ Ghosts and Other Haunts

#4 petunia4998

petunia4998

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

I know spirits can; it has happened to me many times.  I'm not sure about ghosts though.

And the reason you can't touch them is because there's nothing to touch.  bunny.gif

#5 Cheshire Kitten

Cheshire Kitten

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

Ghosts can diffidently touch you but where depends on the ghost. Some nicer ones have given me hugs. I have had one ghost (most likely one of my grandmother's past boyfriend's) drape his arms around me and then grope me when I ignored him. I was scared to go back.  investigate.gif

#6 NJ Ghosthunter

NJ Ghosthunter

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:History, archaeology, and ghosthunting.

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:17 PM

I haven't been on enough ghosthunts to know whether I've been touched or not, but I have had plenty of chills crawl up and down my spine or arms while in the notoriously haunted mansion on campus.  investigate.gif
Greetings from the Jersey Devil!

#7 becka

becka

Apport

• False Positive
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:07 AM

Short answer Yes.

I have been poked, pinched, had a hand on my shoulder, have had my hair played with so much that others could see that hair moving since we moved in this house. So my vote is yes

#8 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:17 AM

I agree, they can touch you and also have the ability to walk (for lack of a better word) right through you. Picture 483.gif
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#9 Judecat

Judecat

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:56 AM

For sure ghosts can touch you,  I've had everything from taps on the shoulder at Gettysburg,  to having my mother's hand touch my arm during a emotional crisis.  But it takes a lot of energy for them to make a part of themself solid for a short time,  so when you go to touch them back they don't have enough energy left.

#10 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Interests:History of places, haunted or not..
    Love cooking and making new things and new recipes are always fun! And well.. Love Cemeteries and Folklore and Love to hear of the History of the United States as well as Abroad.. which has a vast history all by itself!

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

myself i have never been touched but i probably have walked through a few of them i am sure.. ask my son though he can tell when i do..
i have a problem of never feeling them.. unfortunately..and if they well touched me never felt it really but my son has and it is unnerving to him and a lot of times he will tell them not to.. and they don't..

Interested in spirits and the history of places..
Peace and Blessings, Lynne'

Posted Image

#11 AugustineGStudy

AugustineGStudy

Escaped Lunatic Moderator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,508 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:31 AM

I think it's possible.

About four years ago, my late husband and I went outside because we noticed that the light had gone out in the hangar behind our house.  The hangar was a spacious canvas-covered structure resembling a very large military tent.  There was no moon and no other source of light.  There was a flashlight in the hangar, but first my husband had to go inside in the pitch dark and locate the flashlight before he could take a look at the overhead light.  There was a lot of old junk stacked in various areas around the hangar, so it was pretty treacherous without light.  While he was inching his way through the darkness, Jack felt what he first assumed was my hand close around his arm as if to steady him.  He thought I had come in behind him without him realizing.  He reached out and found only empty air where he thought I would be.  But I was outside the whole time!

Needless to say, he was a bit spooked and decided to forgo checking the light until daytime.

He said that it felt exactly like a living person put their hand around his forearm.  The weight and texture were just like a human hand, and he even felt the individual fingers themselves close around his arm.

I realize that a ghost/spirit is not the only possible explanation.  But there were no objects in the hangar that would have caused that sensation if he bumped into them, and upon inspection the next day, there was nothing in that portion of the hangar except small boxes stacked low along the wall.  Nothing physical that could have grabbed him.

We theorized that it may have been a protective entity offering a helping hand so that he wouldn't trip in the dark.  The property was quite active at the time.

So I feel, from personal experience, that paranormal entities may well be able to physically touch us.  Or at least create the sensation of physical touch.

Posted Image

Now you're outside. Let my voice be your guide. Keep a steady stride. Into the Further you go...

#12 Ms. Tify

Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:01 AM

I have been touched as well.  For me it was more a comforting experience, so I believe I was touched by a visiting spirit, possibly my mom, not a ghost.  

Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#13 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:56 AM

I am a firm believer that ghost can in fact touch a living person. I have had several moments where that has occurred with myself and other members of my team. The new assisstant director was fortunate enough to have an entity walk right through him.

#14 Stevsie

Stevsie

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:movies, all things paranormal, er...fishing...i'm being lazy. <br />to be continued...

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:51 AM

My Godmother said she felt a cold hand on her face the night my grandfather died. sad.gif
And i've felt somebody tap my shoulder before. wasn't as scary as i thought it would be. perhaps because I"m still not sure of what it really was.
"We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft's okay! He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!"

#15 altamont-paranormal

altamont-paranormal

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:29 AM

I believe that if enough energy can be build up you can be touched, When new members join our team I let them know that at some point they will be shoved,pushed,touched and even pinched.
Lead Investigator: Altamont Paranormal
Co-Founder: Tracy Paranormal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users