Free Skins
© Fisana

Angel Figurine With "demon Babies" Inside.?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 kygirl7399

kygirl7399

Orb

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:43 AM

These photos aren't ghost photos, but weird nonetheless.   I submitted these to Jim here at Ghoststudy and then subsequently sent the pieces to him for study.    An angel figurine approx. 12 inches tall got knocked off a table around Christmas time.  It was broken and inside fell out three little demon babies.   I contacted the manufacturer, and they had no idea how it happened.   In the photos are the lower "gown" of the angel, with one figure still attached.  It was like the angel had the demon babies (if thats what they are) in her womb.   I could find nothing in doing research and am anxious to see what Jim finds out.   Why would someone make an Angel with demon babies inside???

Attached Files

"non timebo mala"

#2 PhEoNiX79

PhEoNiX79

Orb

• GS Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:13 AM

I find that kindly odd... Was this figurine yours? And if so, you did not notice that there was something in the inside of it when you picked it up? It doesn't look like "demon babies" they just look like dragons to me... Me personally I wouldn't think much of it...

#3 kygirl7399

kygirl7399

Orb

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE(PhEoNiX79 @ Apr 26 2010, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find that kindly odd... Was this figurine yours? And if so, you did not notice that there was something in the inside of it when you picked it up? It doesn't look like "demon babies" they just look like dragons to me... Me personally I wouldn't think much of it...

This was my best friends figurine.  She stated it was just a normal Christmas Angel figurine, with no evidence of anything abnormal until it was broken.  Thats when the dragons/demons were broken and fell out from the inside.   one is still attached as you can see in the photo.   You may not think much of it.. but having dragons hidden inside a Christmas angel seems kinda weird to me.
"non timebo mala"

#4 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:04 AM

Oh, that is freaky!  blink.gif

#5 PhEoNiX79

PhEoNiX79

Orb

• GS Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:09 AM

Somethings are just left to be unexplainable.. There are other country's that make figurine's and dolls with other things hide inside of them.. This is not the first time that I have seen something like this.. I'm sure that where ever that Angel Figurine was made that there are more like them.. Dragons are a protector as well. They are not evil. So there is the symbolism in that... There are alot of people out there that would look at this as a EVIL SYMBOL but, it is not..

#6 kygirl7399

kygirl7399

Orb

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(PhEoNiX79 @ Apr 26 2010, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Somethings are just left to be unexplainable.. There are other country's that make figurine's and dolls with other things hide inside of them.. This is not the first time that I have seen something like this.. I'm sure that where ever that Angel Figurine was made that there are more like them.. Dragons are a protector as well. They are not evil. So there is the symbolism in that... There are alot of people out there that would look at this as a EVIL SYMBOL but, it is not..
That is exactly the kind of explanation I was looking for  wink.gif
QUOTE(CaniswalensisGStudy @ Apr 26 2010, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, that is freaky!  blink.gif
I thought so too, hence the post.   But nobody would ever have known anything was inside, unless it was broken.   The manufacturer was  D.W.K. 2003   whatever that is.  lol
"non timebo mala"

#7 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:31 AM

On the DWK website they say their figurines are "uniquely designed" ... and they have lots of dragon figurines for sale.

#8 LadyNBlack

LadyNBlack

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Interests:History, Civil War re-enacting, giving ghost/history tours, paranormal investigation

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE(Snowlord @ Apr 26 2010, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the DWK website they say their figurines are "uniquely designed" ... and they have lots of dragon figurines for sale.

You beat me to it.  They also have a wide array of angel statues, as well.

If you look closely at mythology, there are actually lots of parallels between angels and dragons...which these figures definitely are (and CUTE dragons at that!)

It is an odd concept, though...my first thoughts were that this was supposed to be a different figurine, and then turned last minute into an angel on the outside, lol...but it very well could have been designed to sell that way.  Or...maybe a disgruntled/creative worker's idea of a joke?  Hehe.

In any event, you don't perchance have a photo of the front of what is being shown there...or some semblance of what the intact statue looked like?  There are TONS of this company's figures available online, and a picture might help narrow down a possible match.

Also, when you say you contacted the company, did you just talk with a customer rep, or someone higher up?  If this thing was made seven years ago, your average employee isn't going to be well-versed in 2003 product inventory, and may just wanted to shake you off...just something to consider.  I hope Jim or someone else can provide some concrete data on just what is going on here.

October 23 and 30th: Guyandotte's Ghostly Encounters Candlelight Walking Tour

#9 kygirl7399

kygirl7399

Orb

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(LadyNBlack @ Apr 26 2010, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You beat me to it.  They also have a wide array of angel statues, as well.If you look closely at mythology, there are actually lots of parallels between angels and dragons...which these figures definitely are (and CUTE dragons at that!)It is an odd concept, though...my first thoughts were that this was supposed to be a different figurine, and then turned last minute into an angel on the outside, lol...but it very well could have been designed to sell that way.  Or...maybe a disgruntled/creative worker's idea of a joke?  Hehe.In any event, you don't perchance have a photo of the front of what is being shown there...or some semblance of what the intact statue looked like?  There are TONS of this company's figures available online, and a picture might help narrow down a possible match.Also, when you say you contacted the company, did you just talk with a customer rep, or someone higher up?  If this thing was made seven years ago, your average employee isn't going to be well-versed in 2003 product inventory, and may just wanted to shake you off...just something to consider.  I hope Jim or someone else can provide some concrete data on just what is going on here.
I just spoke with the customer service rep.  she had me email the pics to her mgr.  but I never heard a response.  I have more pics, but wasnt sure how many I could post on here.     I thought the same thing as u, maybe it started out as something else and then instead of scrapping, they just made it into an angel.   Who knows. I still think its weird.Here are more photos...

Attached Files

"non timebo mala"

#10 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • 8,784 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:32 AM

I think that porcelain can be ground up and reused.  I seem to recall reading about porcelain casters doing this with scraps & rejects on site.

This may be crazy, but I wonder if the "babies" were scraps that sonehow made it through the grinder and got poured into a mold with a batch of recycled porcelain?

Alternatively, if you have ever worked in manufacturing, you know that certain types of line workers will sometims do strange stuff just out of boredom.  It does not need to make sense or serve a purpose. I could easily see some guy tossing bits of junk into a mold if he thought he could get away with it, just because it was someting different than not tossing bits of junk into a mold.  Picture 562.gif

I went to their corporate webpage, and there was a picture of a grim reaper figurine there.  I wonder if there are little porcelain kittens inside of it?  laugh.gif

Regards, Canis

#11 kygirl7399

kygirl7399

Orb

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE(Snowlord @ Apr 26 2010, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, but why hide the dragons in angels? lol
"non timebo mala"

#12 kygirl7399

kygirl7399

Orb

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(CaniswalensisGStudy @ Apr 26 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that porcelain can be ground up and reused.  I seem to recall reading about porcelain casters doing this with scraps & rejects on site.This may be crazy, but I wonder if the "babies" were scraps that sonehow made it through the grinder and got poured into a mold with a batch of recycled porcelain?Alternatively, if you have ever worked in manufacturing, you know that certain types of line workers will sometims do strange stuff just out of boredom.  It does not need to make sense or serve a purpose. I could easily see some guy tossing bits of junk into a mold if he thought he could get away with it, just because it was someting different than not tossing bits of junk into a mold.  Picture 562.gif I went to their corporate webpage, and there was a picture of a grim reaper figurine there.  I wonder if there are little porcelain kittens inside of it?  laugh.gif Regards, Canis
After posting these pics for discussion on Facebook, a friend of mine had read that when witches wanted to place a curse on someone they would "hide" these types of figures, and if the person found them, they had to be destroyed a certain way.    Also I failed to mention.... when you position the "dragons" back they way they were when they were intact, look like they are having sex with each other.  
QUOTE(LadyNBlack @ Apr 26 2010, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You beat me to it.  They also have a wide array of angel statues, as well.If you look closely at mythology, there are actually lots of parallels between angels and dragons...which these figures definitely are (and CUTE dragons at that!)It is an odd concept, though...my first thoughts were that this was supposed to be a different figurine, and then turned last minute into an angel on the outside, lol...but it very well could have been designed to sell that way.  Or...maybe a disgruntled/creative worker's idea of a joke?  Hehe.In any event, you don't perchance have a photo of the front of what is being shown there...or some semblance of what the intact statue looked like?  There are TONS of this company's figures available online, and a picture might help narrow down a possible match.Also, when you say you contacted the company, did you just talk with a customer rep, or someone higher up?  If this thing was made seven years ago, your average employee isn't going to be well-versed in 2003 product inventory, and may just wanted to shake you off...just something to consider.  I hope Jim or someone else can provide some concrete data on just what is going on here.
I have more photos... if you want me to email them... give me you're email and i'll send.  smile.gif
"non timebo mala"

#13 LadyNBlack

LadyNBlack

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Interests:History, Civil War re-enacting, giving ghost/history tours, paranormal investigation

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:43 AM

These figurines are sold through wholesalers...did you friend say how and where she acquired the figurine?
October 23 and 30th: Guyandotte's Ghostly Encounters Candlelight Walking Tour

#14 kygirl7399

kygirl7399

Orb

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(LadyNBlack @ Apr 26 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These figurines are sold through wholesalers...did you friend say how and where she acquired the figurine?

She got it a a yard sale.  Just had it out with the rest of her Christmas decorations, and had it for a few years at that.  I just find it odd that you would have never known these were inside unless it was broken.  and it was like the top dragon was in a fetal position in the angels "womb"    I have several more pics but couldnt post them all on here.   Hopefully Jim can make sense of it.
"non timebo mala"

#15 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • 8,784 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE(kygirl7399 @ Apr 26 2010, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also I failed to mention.... when you position the "dragons" back they way they were when they were intact, look like they are having sex with each other.  I have more photos... if you want me to email them... give me you're email and i'll send.  smile.gif

LOL!  Well, there you go!

I think I might have worked with the guy that did this. laugh.gif

#16 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

LOL At Canis- happy0194.gif
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#17 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

Canis, that must be the same guy who worked in KFC here where soemone found a whole battered chickens head in a family bucket..... dry.gif

I think the Dragons are really sweet.  I wouldn't think that they are anything negative just as someone said that they are manufactured like that.  If I found something like that I would be surprised and intregued rather than wonder/worry if they were demons.  (I'm not saying you are)  I would keep them ....But that's me smile.gif

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#18 ghost137

ghost137

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Researcher.
    Writer, Artist, Explorer.

Specialties:
    Ancient Myths, Afterlife, Time Travel.

Odd Interests:
    Codes, Ciphers, Physics.

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

I'm not sure but it seems to me a special cast would have to be made so the inside figurines could fit precisely. The original molds would have to have been created that way - with an inside and outside mold. It then had to be cut for the inside figurines to be placed and then resealed somehow. Unless there's a way to fit both at the same time, but that would somehow require a very special process.

It sounds like a jinx or curse was molded into the angel. It was made like a pandora's box, if you break the figure of the angel, you release the jinx from within.

Sounds like the artist took his angels seriously.

any markings or artist mark on the inside?

You ether have one very special figurine. Or the company has a weird since of humor, or I might even be so bold as to say, darker mentality. They are almost definitely demon figurines. There's certainly something truly strange about it.

And I hate to see a company stabbed by its own work, but you have a heck of a story for the news. I would take very clear pictures of how the figurine fits together showing the placement of the inside figures. write out how it came about it was discovered, and make sure the figurine belongs to DWK, not just someones copy, send it into the news.

but then again profit is the devils plaything.  devil.gif

If your supersitious, instead of the news, you may want to take it to a priest or shaman, and ask there advice on the matter.

I'm sure it's going to freak some religious people out that there angel statues that they love. may have demons inside. People are going to freak.

The company could get in a lot of trouble for this.

But you should look at it this way. If not you, sooner or later it will be someone else. I'd break the story.

Just my 2cents,

Ghost137

Edited by ghost137, 26 April 2010 - 04:33 PM.

- Ghost137 4mula -

To reach the 'Witching Hour' start at 24:59:59 + .01 Then Add: -.01(10)-9 till: -00.00.00 < -00.59.59 + (-.01) Add: .01(10)-9 or be lost forever.

#19 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

Artist POV on this...

I note that the figurine seems to be either porcelain or some kind of resin (it's hard to tell) but the small dragon figures that were inside were PAINTED or glazed...

which means they were complete and glazed/painted before the full sized figure was cast.

MOST likely they were rejects (not up to par for sale) or discontinued figures, which were recycled to provide WEIGHT to the lower part of a top heavy /mis-balanced design.
(a problem with angel figures that might have large outspread wings).

If the figure hadn't been broken these recycled materials would have continued to be undiscovered.

They have NO SPIRITUAL FUNCTION, only as a balance/ballast/weight for the larger figure.

"After posting these pics for discussion on Facebook, a friend of mine had read that when witches wanted to place a curse on someone they would "hide" these types of figures, and if the person found them, they had to be destroyed a certain way. Also I failed to mention.... when you position the "dragons" back they way they were when they were intact, look like they are having sex with each other. "

Based on my experience working in ceramic years ago, and what I know about the boredom of mass production /industrial work, this seems highly unlikely.  With the co-incidental effect of recycling material/employees horsing around being significantly higher in likelihood than the "witches wanting to place a curse on someone".

Edited by trin, 26 April 2010 - 04:56 PM.

#20 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,186 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

^^
What trin said, I was thinking for weight as well. I dont think there is anything sinister or any hidden agenda here. Ithink it's kind of cool!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users