• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Rawboard Ghost

Rawboard Ghost

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:36 PM

Hello, over the years I know this board has had a few WTC ghost threads.

My sister currently works at the WTC site. She is medical, and treats any onsite injuries.

Anyway, she recently told me some of the ghostly things that go on at this place. Now before I go into this I should note that she use to not even believe in ghosts, and infact was the kind of person who would laugh at people who did.

Anyway she says most of the stuff happens in the bathroom of her trailer. It has a very loud flush, and often times will go off when nobody is in there. Now this isn't a hightech one with sensors and all. You have to push the knob for it to flush. Same with the hand drier. It goes off on its own, and again you have to push a bar, no sensor. Now the more creepy stuff. She works overnights, when basically nobody is working, and she is the only medic on duty (thus always alone in this trailer) often times when she is using her laptop, someone will bang on the side of the trailer, but nobody will be nearby, and on several cases she has looked up only to she someone looking in, or walking by the window, who she doesn't reconzie, and again, when she goes outside nobody is even around. Also its a hardhat zone, so it can't be someone pulling a trick, because figure never has a hardhat on.

Other things that occur is she hears voices all the time, but can never really pick up what is being said, or she will just hear a single word, and one night her trailer started shaking for about 30 seconds.

#2 LadyNBlack

LadyNBlack

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Interests:History, Civil War re-enacting, giving ghost/history tours, paranormal investigation

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:35 PM

There's nothing creepier than a bathroom with seemingly paranormal activity.  That's one of the places where we're at our most vulnerable and in need of privacy, lol.

It might not be enough to convince your sister or anyone else, but there are natural explanations for toilets flushing themselves.  Most reasons have to do with close proximity to a recently used fire hydrant, or more commonly, a leaky valve.

As for the other activity, there could be other natural explanations for what is going on...trailers are often meccas of infrasound and extremely high EMFs (since many are not properly shielded).  Both these things could make someone FEEL like there is a haunting going on...if you go by Michael Persinger's ideas, high EMFs can even produce hallucinations in people who are sensitive enough, and an improperly wired structure could very well lead to a hand dryer turning itself on.

Still, when you put all those different things together, working in conjunction, you really gotta look at your own personal beliefs to see whether it goes beyond coincidence or not.  That area is still such an emotionally charged place, that its hard to say WHAT might be going on.  It might be interesting for your sister to keep a journal of suspected activity; there might be a pattern that emerges that can give some clues as to the cause of what is going on.
October 23 and 30th: Guyandotte's Ghostly Encounters Candlelight Walking Tour

#3 PumpkinWraithGStudy

PumpkinWraithGStudy

1D's #1 Fan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:50 AM

I went to the site quite a few years back and I commented here about it on a couple of occasions.  I think I started a thread but I can't find it or remember back that far.  

Anyway.  I do remember a very strange athmosphere there.  It was a mixture of sadness, depression and happiness all mixed into one.  It was as though there was electricity in the athmosphere.  The only reason I was there is because I was on holiday in New York and had just walked across Brooklyn Bridge and was desperatley trying to find a toilet.  So I found a Mcdonalds nearby and didn't even realise that the site was just behind it.  I didn't really know where I was but as I walked round the block the feeling suddenly changed.  I stood by those fences where there were huge memorial wreaths and I think I stood there for quite a while and just felt very sad.  I couldn't stop the tears and It was very weird because I'm not an emotional person in that sense.  If it was something personal then that is different.

I can understand why there are reports of ghosts and paranormal activity and it doesn't suprise me that your sister is experiencing strange things.

Posted Image

Signature created by SilentWalkerGStudy

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction.  Harry 4Ever!

#4 Night Shift

Night Shift

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE(PumpkinWraith-UK @ May 6 2010, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went to the site quite a few years back and I commented here about it on a couple of occasions.  I think I started a thread but I can't find it or remember back that far.  

Anyway.  I do remember a very strange athmosphere there.  It was a mixture of sadness, depression and happiness all mixed into one.  It was as though there was electricity in the athmosphere.  The only reason I was there is because I was on holiday in New York and had just walked across Brooklyn Bridge and was desperatley trying to find a toilet.  So I found a Mcdonalds nearby and didn't even realise that the site was just behind it.  I didn't really know where I was but as I walked round the block the feeling suddenly changed.  I stood by those fences where there were huge memorial wreaths and I think I stood there for quite a while and just felt very sad.  I couldn't stop the tears and It was very weird because I'm not an emotional person in that sense.  If it was something personal then that is different.

I can understand why there are reports of ghosts and paranormal activity and it doesn't suprise me that your sister is experiencing strange things.

I felt the same feeling of sadness when I visited the WTC after 9-11. It was very emotional and I'm not usually an emotional person.

#5 Ember Nightshade

Ember Nightshade

Orb

• False Positive
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime / Manga, Animals, Breakfast, Birds, Country, Coldplay, Cooking, Camping, Cartoons, Cash, Chickens, Computers, Drawing, Dinner, Eating, Food, Friends, Ghosts, God, Gothics, Guys, Happiness, Happy Tree Friends, Jewelry, Juice, Lunch, Linkin Park, Memories, Music, Nature, Photos, Pie, Pranks, Presents, Roosters, The Paranormal, TV, Weird Al Yankovic, Whips, Writing.

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:08 AM

Those are interesting stories. Thanks for sharing. ... Out of curiosity, (and hopefully I wont make anyone mad by asking this) what exactly is at the WTC site right now? Forgive my ignorance, I pretty much live around a rock since I don't watch TV or read the newspaper.

Edited by Ember Nightshade, 17 May 2010 - 05:17 AM.

#6 Night Shift

Night Shift

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE(Ember Nightshade @ May 17 2010, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those are interesting stories. Thanks for sharing. ... Out of curiosity, (and hopefully I wont make anyone mad by asking this) what exactly is at the WTC site right now? Forgive my ignorance, I pretty much live around a rock since I don't watch TV or read the newspaper.

There is a web site dedicated to the WTC and it's reconstruction.

http://www.wtc.com/

#7 ClarinaGStudy

ClarinaGStudy

Zombie Assistant Manager Is Feeling Bitey!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:54 AM

The WTC plan includes

Five new skyscrapers (1 WTC, Freedom Tower; Towers 2, 3, 4, and 5)
National September 11 Memorial & Museum at the World Trade Center
World Trade Center Transportation Hub
Retail Complex
Performing Arts Center

This surprises me, i thought it was a memorial garden.

Posted Image
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"
Clarina's Jewellery Designs

#8 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:35 PM

I have a friend who visited the site and said it just felt dreadful, like he never wanted to return to the spot again.

#9 sneekn

sneekn

Apport

• GS Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE(PumpkinWraith-UK @ May 6 2010, 05:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Off topic a bit but I had the same exact feelings and experiences at the National Cemetery in Normandy, I could not stop the tears the whole time I was there and like you I am not a real emotional guy... My wife did had feelings of sadness but no tears. Just wanted to validate that for ya...
-check your six-

#10 NightHawk_81

NightHawk_81

Apport

• False Positive
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:My interests are of course...The Paranormal. I've been interested in the paranormal for a long time. I like to do investigations. Whenever there is a chance for me to investigate I'm taking it....well so long as I don't have to work LOL. But the biggest treat for me is to investigate castles. Thats where the bread and butter is. Oh and should anyone just happen on my profile, just FYI (for your information), I'm in the Netherlands. I love to hear of stories of haunted places, so please by all means SHARE lol.

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:48 PM

I was at the WTC site a few years back while I was on Military leave with my wife.  We took a little vacation to New York and we both went to the WTC site.  I also felt an overwhelning saddness come over me, but I do believe that it will happen to everyone who visits the WTC site, and who bore witness to that dreadful day.  My wife is German and was watching on German television and witnessed the second plane hit.

When the WTC was hit, my company was on full alert and we closed down the post and adjacent facilities.  I was in Germany at that time and was standing guard at the gate and the local nationals approached us in tears and ....gave their condolenses and shared their sorrow.  The locals would approach our gates and leave flowers, candles, photos, signs, anything and everything they could for us.........Sorry about that.  Just a flashback.  

But anyways, while at the site we both were amost in tears.

#11 GingerL

GingerL

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:35 PM

I was at the Twin Towers site last week for the first time. Got off the subway not knowing which way to go. One direction did have an aerial crane a few blocks away and gave off a very ominous feeling.  I asked where the site was and it was from where the feeling came from.  Wasn't expecting such a palpable, strong sensation. It took me by surprise. We walked the 3 blocks to the site and when we got to the block before the walled off area, I began getting shivers and goosebumps like crazy.  We had unknowingly entered the area where the memorial, pictures, flowers, etc. were.  It was such an erie feeling! I must have had shivers hit me about 10-12 times through there. I thought to myself that that area must be a heavily populated  spiritual area! We walked around the entire site and took pictures, but only got the shivery feeling maybe twice throughout the rest of the walk .  I felt somewhat sad of course, but not tearful.  I was too in awe of the spiritual presence. They are making a large waterfall like area there, I'll see if I can post pics-have tried 4 times. It says its uploading then says 0 bytes used of attachment space, sorry

#12 PIT leader

PIT leader

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:50 AM

I read on a news site (possibly MSN) that they're still finding human remains there. I think its likely that the entire area will be imprinted with sadness for a long time, even if it's just because we all remember it.
We have such sights to show you!

#13 OffDutyCop

OffDutyCop

Paranormal Law Enforcer

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Research and Investigation, Military History, Law Enforcement History, Irish and Irish-American History, Naval and Martime History, Writing, Video Gaming

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:30 AM

I visited the WTC site for the first time last week as well. However, rather than dwell on the sadness and tragedy of the incident, I do my best to remember the extraordinary acts of courage, heroism and self sacrifice.

As I stared at the site, I couldn't help but think of the police officers and firefighters who went above and beyond the call of duty, as they rushed into a doomed building to save the lives of the panicked and confused. Of the chaplain, who lost his life while tirelessly tending to the dead and dying. Of the European born Chief of Security, who continuously sang "God Bless America", over a bullhorn,in an effort to keep those evacuating the building calm, and who later lost his own life while trying to make sure everyone had made it out safely.

True, it was a horrible, and tragic event. By dwelling on the positive, however, we can remember what September 11, 2001, truly taught us. That people, are inherently good, and, at times, are willing to sacrifice their own lives for those they've never met.

If there are ghosts at the WTC site, I can only hope that they're happy, as they watch us honor their heroics, and sacrifices every day, nine years later and counting.

"In each of us, there are two sides at war....the good and the evil. The fight rages between them all of our lives, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be, we are. " ---Dr. Henry Jekyll

#14 PumpkinWraithGStudy

PumpkinWraithGStudy

1D's #1 Fan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE(GingerL @ Jun 28 2010, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was at the Twin Towers site last week for the first time. Got off the subway not knowing which way to go. One direction did have an aerial crane a few blocks away and gave off a very ominous feeling.  I asked where the site was and it was from where the feeling came from.  Wasn't expecting such a palpable, strong sensation. It took me by surprise. We walked the 3 blocks to the site and when we got to the block before the walled off area, I began getting shivers and goosebumps like crazy.  We had unknowingly entered the area where the memorial, pictures, flowers, etc. were.  It was such an erie feeling! I must have had shivers hit me about 10-12 times through there. I thought to myself that that area must be a heavily populated  spiritual area! We walked around the entire site and took pictures, but only got the shivery feeling maybe twice throughout the rest of the walk .  I felt somewhat sad of course, but not tearful.  I was too in awe of the spiritual presence. They are making a large waterfall like area there, I'll see if I can post pics-have tried 4 times. It says its uploading then says 0 bytes used of attachment space, sorry

I think you summed up the sensation better than me.  It's an extrodinarily eerie feeling and to see that so many people have had the same experience just goes to show that there must be some kind of spiritual energy around there.  When you don't know where you are and something so strong takes over your emotional state, it's hard not to believe that people have witnessed strange occurances since 9/11.

I also agree with ODC because at the time of my visit, over New Year, it was as though the whole of NY City had come together like one big family.  It's hard to feel safe walking around a huge city that you are unfamiliar with especially considering what happened. But everyone was so welcoming and friendly.  Even the steriotypical hoodies and gangs that we came across, thinking they were going to be difficult were really nice...time of year also helps...but it was only a couple of years after the attacks and the city was still coming to terms.  It really put me at ease.   We were stuck in the Empire State building for almost 2 hours because of the amount of tourist but all people were talking about was 9/11 and how great the rescue services and volunteers were that day and throughout the weeks that followed and how the city was carrying on as though it was a normal event.  People going about their business, cheerful, full of the joys of Christmas, as if they had all put it behind them.  Of course that isn't how it was.  It probably never will be normal for the people involved or those living and working close by but the all stick together.  I'm so respectful of that and it makes me realise how wrong you can be about people just by their appearance.

I know it's slightly off the topic of Ground Zero but we have to remember those heroic people who tried to stop the terrorists from taking flight 93.  

It still brings a lump to my throat when I think about this day but I also have so much respect for these people that gave their lives.  I can't believe that it's 9 years.  It seems to have gone by so fast.

GingerL,  Welcome to GS.  In reference to posting your photo's.  Try using photobucket and upload your photo's from there.  It's really easy.

(If you havn't already got an account)  Upload your photo's to PB then click on the photo you want to upload.  You will find some codes on the left.  Copy and past the [IMG] code into the reply pane and you are done.  It will post the photo at the correct size.

I would love to see your photo's. smile.gif

Posted Image

Signature created by SilentWalkerGStudy

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction.  Harry 4Ever!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users