• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 SilentWalkerGStudy

SilentWalkerGStudy

Hen-Pecked Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Interests:Football (Leicester City fanatic), Rammstein, In Flames, Trivium, Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, most heavy / death bands. Most important thing is my FAMILY.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

Ok, I have a peaceful house and other than the occasional small thing happening that may or may not be paranormal, it has been mainly quiet for the 7 years I have lived here.

So far this week, my missus has heard my voice on 5-6 occasions when it has not been me, on 3 occasions I was not even at home!!

The first time she heard "me" say "nightmare" and came up to my office to ask me why I said it. Of course I hadn't and was working away on a project quietly.

This has now happened a further 4-5 times, nearly every day since. I havent heard anything but she is adamant she is hearing "me".

She has no mental issues and is very grounded, she is a believer but like myself, always looks at all alternatives first but neither of us can come up with anything logical.

Anyone have any ideas why there appears to be a mimic of me and why start after all this time?

Edited by Silent Walker, 01 December 2010 - 01:39 PM.

There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery. ~ Joseph Conrad

Posted Image

#2 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Interests:History of places, haunted or not..
    Love cooking and making new things and new recipes are always fun! And well.. Love Cemeteries and Folklore and Love to hear of the History of the United States as well as Abroad.. which has a vast history all by itself!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:42 PM

I just wanted to say be careful.. usually spirits that do this or MIMICS that do this are not friendly and up to something from what I have experienced.. so tell your wife to be careful have you heard it mimic her? Or has it been just you?
I am not expert but it is odd after 7 years of quiet ping you have something like this..
Interesting I am sure the experts here can tell us more and I look forward to reading their answers.. in the meantime be careful.. tell her to really watch things closely and be careful..
Interested in spirits and the history of places..
Peace and Blessings, Lynne'

Posted Image

#3 vegito1089

vegito1089

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:45 PM

I feel your pain man. Sometimes I hear my parents call for me when I'm in my room but later figure out that they didnt actually call out to me. Also when doing evp, sometimes the spirits mimic my voice.  I heard that only demons can do that but I'm not sure.

Edited by vegito1089, 01 December 2010 - 01:46 PM.

#4 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
    Love cooking and making new things and new recipes are always fun! And well.. Love Cemeteries and Folklore and Love to hear of the History of the United States as well as Abroad.. which has a vast history all by itself!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

Yah I did not want to say that Vegito.. I was keeping my mouth shut on that one but that is what I heard too.. that they have the powers to mimic.. and do.. so let's hope there is another reasoning for this.. other then Demons..

Posted Image

#5 PumpkinWraithGStudy

PumpkinWraithGStudy

1D's #1 Fan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:13 PM

This has happened to me a few times.  

I used to hear my nan call me, as she did when I had to get up for school.  Like most kids I would give it another 5 minutes and go back to sleep till she used to stomp up the stairs and yell at me at point blank range.  Sometimes I would hear her call me, I would shout "Ok!" and then she would shout again and I would shout back again as if she didn't hear me.  When I came downstairs and told her I heard her the first time, she would tell me she hadn't called me  :Picture 562:

I've heard my partner talk to me on a couple of occasions.  I heard him say "I need money"  and another time "What's the number?"  If he goes to the shops I usually give him money from my purse as he doesn't really carry any but I don't know what the number thing could be about.  Both times I heard it realy clearly and these have both been recently but he was at work both times.  I have had to check my phone to make sure I have hung up properly and I looked round the house to make sure he hadn't come home and I hadn't heard him come in.  He does that someimes and then scares the carp out of me when I walk into the kitchen and he's just standing there.  Also, I stepped off a plane in 2002 I have had a problem with my left ear meaning I can only hear about 50% from it.

I don't know what it could have been and I still can't explain it.  Perhaps it was my mind playing tricks, but to hear it that clearly still makes me wonder.

Perhaps your wife has been thinking about you and subconsciously heard you say something.  I think that is what I would put my experience down to.

Unless you live with 4 African Grey Parrots, like my mum, and you walk in and they start having a conversation between themselves in my mums and sisters voice.... One has my stepfathers, smokers cough, and one talks as if he's on the phone.  That is a bit scary when I let myself in and there is no one home   :ermm:

Posted Image

Signature created by SilentWalkerGStudy

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction.  Harry 4Ever!

#6 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:36 PM

Lucky Mom Pumpkin! I love African Greys and they are so smart.. wow they mimic you all that is kewl!
Anyways wild Pumpkin on your experiences.. and funny you mention the deafness in your left ear mine is in my right ear and I am completely deaf in it from an accident when I was little ruptured the Ear Drum..
But on the mimic thing wow it is wild.. interesting how you had it happen to you Pumpkin did you ever find out why? And has it continued??
Just curious..
Walker just keep us posted and up to date.. Love to know what you find out if anything :)

Posted Image

#7 SilentWalkerGStudy

SilentWalkerGStudy

Hen-Pecked Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Interests:Football (Leicester City fanatic), Rammstein, In Flames, Trivium, Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, most heavy / death bands. Most important thing is my FAMILY.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:37 PM

View Postmainemom207, on 01 December 2010 - 01:42 PM, said:

I just wanted to say be careful.. usually spirits that do this or MIMICS that do this are not friendly and up to something from what I have experienced.. so tell your wife to be careful have you heard it mimic her? Or has it been just you?
I am not expert but it is odd after 7 years of quiet ping you have something like this..
Interesting I am sure the experts here can tell us more and I look forward to reading their answers.. in the meantime be careful.. tell her to really watch things closely and be careful..
No, I haven't heard it, just her.

Now I'm gonna go out on a limb here and offer a possible way out there alternative......bare with me!!

Is there any way that our voices are recorded in time (like residual hauntings) when there is electro static or increased natural EMF around?

I have also heard that Mimicking is nomally ascociated to a demonic force but after 7 years of peace, I can't think of any reason why this is happening now.

She is probably going mad, living with me for 10+ years does that you know!!

There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery. ~ Joseph Conrad

Posted Image

#8 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

LOL Silent.. well hopefully she is not going mad LOL :)
Hopefully you did not get her to that point :)
but I never thought of that.. like residual hauntings our voices come back later in a loop like.. interesting thought there.. never heard of it but this is still all a new science anyways..
But that is my thought too a Demonic entity but why after 7 years of peace and quiet would that pop up?? interesting..
I hope someone has more answers then I do.. and comes here soon to answer that.. but I wonder that too if maybe it is stuff you said back when and it is coming back.. or maybe she loves and misses you so much she hears you speaking to her :)

Posted Image

#9 larry

larry

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:44 PM

haaaaa! Always love the "happy married couple" comments :happy0194: .

I can't offer advice- just hopeless in this department, but I too am curious, has anything happened as of recent that could explain this unusual activity? Personally, I have had many new developments after almost ten years of "event-free" time. I also am baffled to understand, why now?? However, there are a few factors I have considered. First; all activity began to increase when I became ill (no mental issues). Second; my children have grown and become more aware of their own sensitivities to the spiritual world. Thirdly; I am more "open" to my own sensitivities as I get older. Last; the past ten years have brought great adversity to our home( negative forces). We are a happy family however:)

In the end, who knows, after all, it is all so very mysterious and there are no guide books out there for reference. It would be helpful to ponder any significant events you may have encountered in recent years though- maybe something you haven't consciously noted to date will surface? More importantly, you now have the heads up and the opportunity to pay close attention to activities you may have previously considered "the norm". Your theory is interesting though, and makes complete sense to me- interesting! Hopefully there is a perfectly "natural" explanation here- I am sending you warm "stay safe vibes".....

Edited by larry, 01 December 2010 - 03:46 PM.

#10 SilentWalkerGStudy

SilentWalkerGStudy

Hen-Pecked Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

View Postlarry, on 01 December 2010 - 03:44 PM, said:

haaaaa! Always love the "happy married couple" comments :happy0194: .

I can't offer advice- just hopeless in this department, but I too am curious, has anything happened as of recent that could explain this unusual activity? Personally, I have had many new developments after almost ten years of "event-free" time. I also am baffled to understand, why now?? However, there are a few factors I have considered. First; all activity began to increase when I became ill (no mental issues). Second; my children have grown and become more aware of their own sensitivities to the spiritual world. Thirdly; I am more "open" to my own sensitivities as I get older. Last; the past ten years have brought great adversity to our home( negative forces). We are a happy family however:)

In the end, who knows, after all, it is all so very mysterious and there are no guide books out there for reference. It would be helpful to ponder any significant events you may have encountered in recent years though- maybe something you haven't consciously noted to date will surface? More importantly, you now have the heads up and the opportunity to pay close attention to activities you may have previously considered "the norm". Your theory is interesting though, and makes complete sense to me- interesting! Hopefully there is a perfectly "natural" explanation here- I am sending you warm "stay safe vibes".....

Thanks for your vibes Larry.

A few things have happened personally recently, the mother of my children is recouping after a hysterectomy due to cervical cancer, my missus is undergoing treatment for PCOS and also has to have a Hysterescopy to check for cancer soon and we bought the house 4 months ago after renting it for 7 years.

I like mainemoms suggestion tho, she obviously loves me so much and misses me that she wants to hear my voice.

Thanks mainemom, you have made me very happy!! :)

Posted Image

#11 PumpkinWraithGStudy

PumpkinWraithGStudy

1D's #1 Fan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:05 PM

View PostSilent Walker, on 01 December 2010 - 02:37 PM, said:

No, I haven't heard it, just her.

Now I'm gonna go out on a limb here and offer a possible way out there alternative......bare with me!!

Is there any way that our voices are recorded in time (like residual hauntings) when there is electro static or increased natural EMF around?

I have also heard that Mimicking is nomally ascociated to a demonic force but after 7 years of peace, I can't think of any reason why this is happening now.

She is probably going mad, living with me for 10+ years does that you know!!

So she's lived with you for 10+ years and is probably going mad...and I've lived with my SO for almost 7 years, and I've been hearing stuff...What hope have I got?? :Picture 562:

I personally think it's proably something to do with her subconscious.  I could be completely off track but I honestly don't feel that my experiences were anything demonic.  I think it's more a fact that I had a lot of stress and worry and I was always thinking about stuff.  Although up untill recently, we didn't have anything weird happen at home.  Untill my SO told me he felt like he was being watched or followed.  A few minor things happened but I can't connect them with voices..

The voice at my nans? I have no explianation for that.  I heard it on a few occasions but most people here know about our strange spirit so it could have been something to do with that.. I dont know.  I've never heard my nans voice since and she passed away in 2001.  

Has she got any reason to be stressed about anything or things on her mind?

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

#12 PumpkinWraithGStudy

PumpkinWraithGStudy

1D's #1 Fan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:15 PM

I think we posted at the same time SW.  I think that what you have going on at the moment is proably partly to blame.

Posted Image

#13 Kingsley

Kingsley

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:02 PM

Mimicking is attributed to Demonic forces?

Oh poop..

Not trying to hijack the thread but when I'm home alone I generally put my headphones on and turn my music up loud because I ALWAYS hear my NAME (Not voice) being called by my girlfriend (who isn't there..)

It basically happens almost every day :/ but I never thought it could be demonic..

Edited by Kingsley, 20 December 2010 - 04:20 AM.

Common sense is not so common. - Voltaire
Posted Image
^ Part of a photo

#14 evp

evp

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:anomalous audio recordings & avian photography

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:42 AM

View PostSilent Walker, on 01 December 2010 - 01:37 PM, said:

Ok, I have a peaceful house and other than the occasional small thing happening that may or may not be paranormal, it has been mainly quiet for the 7 years I have lived here.

So far this week, my missus has heard my voice on 5-6 occasions when it has not been me, on 3 occasions I was not even at home!!

The first time she heard "me" say "nightmare" and came up to my office to ask me why I said it. Of course I hadn't and was working away on a project quietly.

This has now happened a further 4-5 times, nearly every day since. I havent heard anything but she is adamant she is hearing "me".

She has no mental issues and is very grounded, she is a believer but like myself, always looks at all alternatives first but neither of us can come up with anything logical.

Anyone have any ideas why there appears to be a mimic of me and why start after all this time?

I don't generally  think it's a good idea to record in your own house not that I haven't, but if this continues all I can suggest is to record but only review the portion that the mimic is said to make itself known to validate the experience. Hopefully it's nothing more than the mind playing tricks.

Edited by evp, 02 December 2010 - 12:43 AM.

Posted Image
"Men who have excessive faith in their theories and ideas are not only ill
prepared in making discoveries; they also make poor observations."
---Claude Bernard---

#15 Ms. Tify

Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:45 AM

I had something mimic my daughter's voice once, right in my ear, and it was the scariest experience I have ever had.

My husband has more experience with hearing voices than I do.  His hearing is very bad.  I wonder if there is a correlation.

But, I had a thought for you, SW, is your wife hearing your voice in her ears, or in her head?  I mean, I have experienced hearing something in my head, an unfamiliar voice, or I will hear my name, but only in my head.  I like to think that someone is thinking about me when that happens.
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#16 SilentWalkerGStudy

SilentWalkerGStudy

Hen-Pecked Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:40 AM

View PostMs. Tify, on 06 December 2010 - 03:45 AM, said:

I had something mimic my daughter's voice once, right in my ear, and it was the scariest experience I have ever had.

My husband has more experience with hearing voices than I do.  His hearing is very bad.  I wonder if there is a correlation.

But, I had a thought for you, SW, is your wife hearing your voice in her ears, or in her head?  I mean, I have experienced hearing something in my head, an unfamiliar voice, or I will hear my name, but only in my head.  I like to think that someone is thinking about me when that happens.

Definately in her ears as she believed I had called out for her. Its been quiet for the last few days tho....

Posted Image

#17 jptuk

jptuk

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Psychology and belief systems. Astronomy, science, art photography and DJing.

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:12 AM

I wish I could answer in length, but not feeling great today.

I have also witnessed something similar, I've had my name called out a few times. I put it down to misinterpretation. Saying that, I will come off my skeptical perch, am in agreement with the believers on this one, as there are times when they are very REAL.  :confused0068: Still can't decide what they are though.

Edited by jptuk, 06 December 2010 - 05:14 AM.

Cert.Ppsy SCOP

#18 ChildofTwo

ChildofTwo

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:Spiritualism
    Spirit Guides
    Spirits
    Ghosts
    Haunted Places/People
    History
    Movies
    Reading
    Drawing/Sketching

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

I have had experiences where I heard my mother's (or brother's) voice while they weren't home (no one was home, actually) and it didn't really scare me at all, nor did feel it was demonic or evil what-so-ever. Especially if it lead me at times, in my opinion, to the safest part of the house.

I think the most fascinating part was the fact it actually came from my parent's bedroom, or  from the living, and sometimes my brother's room. They were very clear, and loud, like they needed me there immediately.

#19 greeneyes

greeneyes

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal of course, old movies, antiques ,history, old houses. Basically if it's old and spooky, I love it!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

Weird. I am deaf in my left ear due to an accident, and have very poor hearing in my right. I also experience hearing my boyfriends voice when he's in another part of the house or not there at all. Maybe there is some connection? I do think the playback theory makes sense, doesn't make it any less unsettling!

#20 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:59 AM

Considering you are not having any paranormal activity you can rule out demonic forces. I believe anyone who is at all sensitive hear voices from earthbound spirits, and I think they do it on purpose to get our attention. In my previous house I heard my son many times, who was not home and he would hear me and I wasnt home or I wasnt talking. I just think its an attention thing, nothing more nothing less. Keep us posted and also tell your wife to keep a journal of the dates, and times she hears the voice and eventually it might make sense.  :yes:
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)