Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Martial arts, The Paranormal and Airsoft

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

Hiya guys,

Please give me your feedback.
This one was recorded in a 17th century coaching Inn in a small village in southern England.

Thanks

Mark

I'm not a complete idiot!

Some parts are missing!

#2 RZR666

RZR666

EVP

• GS Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:51 AM

Nice video, what where you capturing the sound on?  Sounded like some sort of CB Radio.  

It's rare to watch something like this where what I percieve to hear actually matches up (or close enough) to the official response.
Posted Image

#3 wiccanman

wiccanman

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 185 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:23 AM

View PostRZR666, on 01 July 2011 - 05:51 AM, said:

Nice video, what where you capturing the sound on?  Sounded like some sort of CB Radio.  

It's rare to watch something like this where what I percieve to hear actually matches up (or close enough) to the official response.

Hiya, Thanks for your response.

Its on a gadget called a .ghostbox' or 'Franks box'.
Its basically an fm/am radio that continuosly sscans, the theory being that a spirit can use the radio signal to speak.

Its entirely open to interpretation, but I love using it as you can see.

Cheers

Mark

Some parts are missing!

#4 badbeerfairy

badbeerfairy

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

View Postwiccanman, on 04 July 2011 - 11:23 AM, said:

Hiya, Thanks for your response.

Its on a gadget called a .ghostbox' or 'Franks box'.
Its basically an fm/am radio that continuosly sscans, the theory being that a spirit can use the radio signal to speak.

Its entirely open to interpretation, but I love using it as you can see.

Cheers

Mark

I only have one experience using 'Frank's box'.  I'd never heard of one and was introduced to it in the wine cellar at Bolling Hall, Bradford.  On a previous visit myself and two friends had tried to talk to 'Spirits' in french, spanish and german because of the history of the house.  When we started talking spanish, footsteps approached the room we were in and the atmosphere changed very much for the worse.  Anyway!  In the cellar on our next visit we picked up what sounded like someone speaking French on the Frank's box.  Some people asked questions in french and got replies in french!  I was dumbfounded!!!  I really just thought it was fluke when someone explained to me how it worked, but by heck how shocked was I!!!!  I can't explain it.  Out of all the message on your video the one that gave me shivers was the "6 of us"  :confused0068:  

Brilliant! x
Light of eye and soft of touch, speak ye little, listen much.....

#5 SarahB1863

SarahB1863

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

Isn't this just a form of audio matrixing, though? If you zip through the stations on a radio dial long enough, and catch enough snippets of songs and people talking, the odds are pretty good that now and then you'll pick up something that sounds like a response to a question you asked.

For instance, the claim that the question, "Did you die here?" was answered twice: "Aye" and "Aye, love." Now, how many songs have the words "I" and "I love" in them? Many. What are the chances that what was heard as a response was just a song or dialogue snippet, and nothing paranormal? Pretty good.

So I guess my question is, how do you differentiate between ghost voices, and just bits of song and dialogue?

#6 Vlawde

Vlawde

Resident Grumpy Old Married Man Prone To Senior Moments

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,350 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

View PostSarahB1863, on 21 July 2011 - 04:08 PM, said:

Isn't this just a form of audio matrixing, though? If you zip through the stations on a radio dial long enough, and catch enough snippets of songs and people talking, the odds are pretty good that now and then you'll pick up something that sounds like a response to a question you asked.

For instance, the claim that the question, "Did you die here?" was answered twice: "Aye" and "Aye, love." Now, how many songs have the words "I" and "I love" in them? Many. What are the chances that what was heard as a response was just a song or dialogue snippet, and nothing paranormal? Pretty good.

So I guess my question is, how do you differentiate between ghost voices, and just bits of song and dialogue?

I tend to agree. How would spririts know how to make certain words come out of a radio scanner? I wouldn't have a clue if I were dead. I won't outright dismiss it, trying to keep an open mind and all...but random words can easily be made by our mind to fit the situation

Posted ImagePosted Image

Pacific Paranormal Research Association: Documenting the paranormal and providing solutions to the living and the dead (and whatever else!)

Pacific Paranormal Research Association Myspace Page

Vlawdes Myspace Page

#7 WishINGS

WishINGS

EVP

• GS Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:29 AM

I'm really torn on the validity of the ghost box.

For one thing...it just creeps me out!

I really think I need to experience "the box" first hand, before coming to any conclusions.

I've watched some youtube videos from teams. Some of it seems pretty convincing, some of it does not. In some of the videos that I've watched, the team will pick out words that they believe is a spirit communicating with them. I will hear other words spoken which the team disregards. How does the team know which are spirits and which are not?
Man is the only animal who blushes....or needs to. ~Mark Twain~

#8 wiccanman

wiccanman

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:34 PM

We dont and thats why it is open to conjecture!
We do try to only use what to us sound like answers to our questions.
But of course it could be audio matrixing.
I guess with everything in the paranormal field it is entirely open to your interpretation.

Mark

Some parts are missing!

#9 Jade_Dragon

Jade_Dragon

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Paranormal research, drawing, music & reading.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:35 AM

Nice clip! I'd really like to get a chance to work with the 'ghost box' and experience it firsthand. Glad you're getting to use it though!

I listened really closely and on the first one, I think the woman could have been saying Annie or Amy - it really is a bit hard to be 100% with the static, you know?

Also, I think that I heard 'Don't insult us' versus 'Just insult us', but again; static.

Just thought I'd let you know what I heard.

Good luck with further use of the 'ghost box' and your investigations!  :)

#10 GillGal

GillGal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:12 AM

I had an experience with a ghostbox this past March at St. Alban's in Radford, VA. Jason Hawes, Grant Wilson were there. John Zaffis was actually working the ghostbox and we were communicating with "Pete" a veteran. St. Alban's was an insane asylum. Dave Tango's dad was there too in the hydro therapy room. Nice guys all of them were. I got to talk to Grant one on one for awhile about an experience my son had.
"Success is always temporary. When all is said and done, the only thing you'll have left is your character." Vince Gill

#11 TruthQuest

TruthQuest

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostWishINGS, on 22 July 2011 - 07:29 AM, said:

I'm really torn on the validity of the ghost box.

For one thing...it just creeps me out!

I really think I need to experience "the box" first hand, before coming to any conclusions.

I've watched some youtube videos from teams. Some of it seems pretty convincing, some of it does not. In some of the videos that I've watched, the team will pick out words that they believe is a spirit communicating with them. I will hear other words spoken which the team disregards. How does the team know which are spirits and which are not?

it takes a while to learn whats being said and whats trash basically. it also takes many sessions and many hours of listening to
your sessions. i dont know how many times i listened to a piece over and over and missed something big. our very first session
which we recorded was wow even though we were new to using it. check it out for yourself.

youtube.com

#12 spooki

spooki

EVP

• GS Member
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, zombie movies, photography, art

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

I have had a few interesting experiences with a ghost box myself...although I am right there with you on being torn as to the validity of them. I did notice a few interesting things in my cases though that tend to lean me more toward the hmm maybe this thing does work side lol

a.) I live in Japan. However, all of the meaningful responses I got were in English in an American dialect. Not Australian or British but very American. I am aware that AM waves do expand and can travel quite far at night, however for so many to travel to southern Japan across the pacific I find quite a big coincidence... but it could theoretically happen.

b.) In the same session though I have both ghost box responses as well as EVP responses, which for me says quite a bit. Interestingly the moment I turned the thing on and got it to start running i got an EVP on a static recorder of "come in... it's on" there were only 2 individuals in the home at this time and both were already in the room. After that instance I got at least 5 separate voices answering my questions. I will have to upload the sound files to the forum. that one has had me intrigued for some time now lol.

The Okinawa Paranormal Files

~ Respecting the Past and Looking to the Future~

Find us on Facebook!

#13 AVGVSTVS

AVGVSTVS

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

Like Spooki, I have used the "hack-a-box" commonly referred to as "Franks box, et. al.", initially I thought it was mere coincidence with a little bit of matrixing sprinkled on top. However, doing a little research on the "box", the theory is that it scans through each station in a fraction of second, so in theory its not supposed to pick up any broadcasts, just noise. So if the "et. al. box"  gives an avenue for the dead to communicate through white, brown, etc noise, why not have a box that has constant static? I have used it, and will continue to, however I remain very skeptical. Right now I am just having way to much fun with the Ovilus X.

To the Living we owe respect, but to the dead we only owe the truth......

-Voltaire

#14 beniciaparanormal

beniciaparanormal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

I am very skeptical of these boxes, however I will point out that this video was done during one investigation; that means that the box would have had to randomly stop on the correct station for the correct amount of time 5 different times.  I would be interested to know how many answers the team gathered that were not appropriate for the questions that were asked.  If a pattern of appropriate answers and few or no inappropriate answers can be established, then a logical person would have to consider that the voices that are coming through may be spirits.

Posted Image

Benicia Paranormal
on Twitter @beniciaparanorm
www.beniciaparanormal.webs.com

#15 spooki

spooki

EVP

• GS Member
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, zombie movies, photography, art

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

View PostAVGVSTVS, on 26 January 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

Like Spooki, I have used the "hack-a-box" commonly referred to as "Franks box, et. al.", initially I thought it was mere coincidence with a little bit of matrixing sprinkled on top. However, doing a little research on the "box", the theory is that it scans through each station in a fraction of second, so in theory its not supposed to pick up any broadcasts, just noise. So if the "et. al. box"  gives an avenue for the dead to communicate through white, brown, etc noise, why not have a box that has constant static? I have used it, and will continue to, however I remain very skeptical. Right now I am just having way to much fun with the Ovilus X.

oh man I love playing with the Ovilus... I just don't know what to make of any of these things as far as "real" or not. I mean one one hand, it is all theoretically just energy which is being manipulated. As a follower of a number of different traditions that believe that the "human spirit" is nothing but energy and also that as energy is not able to be created or destroyed that ghosts in essence are simply a form of that energy and thus would in theory be able to manipulate these things easily enough. I agree the all static would be a much better option. I have a few simple white noise creators I've yet to use as well as certain pulsing tones that I have read are supposed to be like white noise but work on a different wavelength... I wish I knew what it would take for me to finally say yes or no either way on them but I think that with things like this I am indefinitely on the fence lol.

The Okinawa Paranormal Files

~ Respecting the Past and Looking to the Future~

Find us on Facebook!

#16 malestrom

malestrom

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

View Postbeniciaparanormal, on 26 January 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

I am very skeptical of these boxes, however I will point out that this video was done during one investigation; that means that the box would have had to randomly stop on the correct station for the correct amount of time 5 different times.  I would be interested to know how many answers the team gathered that were not appropriate for the questions that were asked.  If a pattern of appropriate answers and few or no inappropriate answers can be established, then a logical person would have to consider that the voices that are coming through may be spirits.

I tend to agree.In spite of it being questionable,it's how many responses to question that one gets before asking the next one.If there are more than one answer,I think some could easily "insert" any answer to the question that was asked.

I too would be interested to see how many answers the team got following a question and before asking the next one.

Thank you for the clip.It truly was spooky!

Edited by malestrom, 29 January 2012 - 02:17 AM.

#17 wiccanman

wiccanman

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

View Postmalestrom, on 29 January 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

I tend to agree.In spite of it being questionable,it's how many responses to question that one gets before asking the next one.If there are more than one answer,I think some could easily "insert" any answer to the question that was asked.

I too would be interested to see how many answers the team got following a question and before asking the next one.

Thank you for the clip.It truly was spooky!
Hiya guys,

Thank you for all the feedback, its good to hear lots of different views and some top tips too.

In answer to your question, the recordings are unedited, what you hear in the video is what was said at the time with the responses in real time.

As with any EVP research we go through our recordings listening for any credible answers to our questions, We are very fortunate that a lot of the time we seem to be getting direct and sometimes incredible replies.

Hope that answers it for you.

All the best

Mark

Some parts are missing!

#18 czoom

czoom

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Great video. Creepy.

#19 valpro99

valpro99

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Full time UNIX Admin for Wall Street Firm and part time UH-60 Blackhawk pilot for New Jersey Army National Guard. Deployed to Iraq.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

Don't belive for a second about the ghost box thing.  Just another marketing gimmic.

#20 mobycol

mobycol

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:ghosts a longtime ago building computers recycling webcams and old sucurity coulour cams static and trying too remember too buy 60 ft of speaker cable

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostRZR666, on 01 July 2011 - 05:51 AM, said:

Nice video, what where you capturing the sound on?  Sounded like some sort of CB Radio.  (its a fm radio fixed too scan non stop ghost use this too speak over the scanning of the radio channels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users