• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Studying the paranormal, film, music, writing, theatre and spending time with family.

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:23 AM

I have been fascinated with Ouija Boards since I was a child, although because of some of the stories I have come across, I always personally avoided using them. I used one recently, which went fine, but I wanted to ask some general questions here to people who have used them. I thought it'd be good to learn from others.

If you're willing, please answer these questions:

1. Have you used the Ouija Board, if so, was it just one time, or regularly, or occasionally?

2. Do you have any memorable experiences from having used it?

3. Would you say your experience was mostly positive or negative?

4. Do you believe you were genuinelly channelling spirits, or do you believe it was physical/psychological effects?

5. Do you regret having used the Ouija Board?

6. Do you have any tips for use, or ways to stay safe?

Thanks for answering!
Posted Image

My novels, available as paperback or eBook

#2 ClarinaGStudy

ClarinaGStudy

Zombie Assistant Manager Is Feeling Bitey!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:05 AM

Honestly I don't believe in them. I used to have an old fashioned one but I sold it. To me they are just a psychological thing.

Posted Image
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"
Clarina's Jewellery Designs

#3 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:16 AM

I used to play with one often, every couple of  weeks or so. It seemed to worked best when I was doing it with my brother then any one else.  We would often get a lot of nonsense letters that didn’t spell out anything. When this happened we would put the board away because we knew it would be a waste of time.

One time we got a girl who wanted us to call her mother to tell her that she was dead. We only managed to get 4 numbers of her telephone number but even so we would of never had call the number. We only talked to her for a few mins and then she was gone.

Another time we talked to a spirit who claimed to be Elvis Presley for over an hr. We were not even thinking of him. He just popped in. He told us while he was sitting on his porch he was playing with his knife and cut himself and that if we went and checked it out we would still see the trace of blood. We asked him if he would show himself to us and he said yes. After a while when we couldn’t see anything we asked him where we should look and the pointer pointed to the corner of the room. We still couldn’t see anything so we asked him again and he pointed to the corner of the room again but we never saw anything. Finally we were getting tired and so said goodbye. I put the board back into the box and my brother went over and turned on the TV. Guess what! It was something like a infomercial (or what ever you call it) on Elvis, trying to sell his records. LOL..   The TV was in the corner exactly where the pointer pointed to.

My ex’s cousin always had a couple of parties during the year but he never invited us because there were not our kind of parties. A lot of pot taking drunken parties.  Anyway, one day in the middle of summer, while my ex was away at work me and my brother took out the board. We got hold of a spirit who told us that I and my ex would be invited to this cousins party and that the spirit REALLY, REALLY wanted me to go because he said that we were soul mates and that I would meet him at the party. He was very insistent.  We put the board away and I forgot about the whole thing. Well a few months later this cousin planed a Halloween party and shockingly he invited us! There was no way I was going to go because of the kind of parties they had and no way did I want to meet my soul mate. LOL… I was perfectly happy at the time with the guy I was with. Besides at the time I couldn’t understand how he could be a spirit and a living person at the same time. It was just too freaky. LOL…

Oh, we had one spirit that came a few times who called itself Ragdoll/ Rag Doll. It would answer questions for us. It was usually a waste of time as we never got a straight answer out of it.

Though we used the board often we usually didn’t get anything of importance’s out of it. It was just a fun past time when there was nothing else to do.

We/I never had any bad experiences using a board. A lot of people are against it but I do not find it any more dangerous then playing with automatic writing, using a pendulum or division rods, etc., anything  that is being used to make contact with spirits…. As long as you read up on the subject first and know how to protect yourself and others around you then it shouldn’t be any more dangerous then any other method being used to contact spirits.

#4 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Studying the paranormal, film, music, writing, theatre and spending time with family.

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:36 AM

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences, Blue Rose.

Clarine - When you owned your own Ouija board, did you have any sessions where anything happened seemed out of the normal? Or was the information given pretty much random?
Posted Image

#5 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Disembodied Voice

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

1. Have you used the Ouija Board, if so, was it just one time, or regularly, or occasionally?  Yes.  Several times (less than occasionally).

2. Do you have any memorable experiences from having used it?  Yes.  When I was a teenager I was at a sleepover.  Either my friend had a ouija board or one of the other girls brought one.  We played with it for several hours and it was obvious that it was simply play.  My friend's younger brother wanted to try but none of the girls would do it with him so I volunteered.  He was so afraid of it that he never touched the planchette... rather his fingers trembled about half an inch above the planchette.  I was the only person touching it and it was pulling my hands all over the board.  The "entity" that came through said that it was a demon and it wanted him.  Later on, after everyone had gone to bed, there was screaming from his room that he shared with another brother.  The second brother came running out, pounding on their parents' door, screaming that he'd just watched the first brother dragged, kicking and screaming out of his bed (top bunk, really stupid to try that for a prank and we heard him hit the floor).  Other, less dramatic things happened that weekend and my friend's personality suddenly changed.  She went from being the sweetest, most innocent girl you'd ever care to meet to her being extremely dark, extremely promiscuous (when she'd never even considered kissing a boy before that), heavily into drugs and an all around nasty, unlikeable person.

3. Would you say your experience was mostly positive or negative?  Aside from the single incident, I would say neutral... as nothing has ever come through for me since.

4. Do you believe you were genuinelly channelling spirits, or do you believe it was physical/psychological effects?  I believe that using a Ouija board is extremely foolish.  It is akin to opening your front door wide and putting a sign in your yard that says "I'd like to have a chat... come on in and make yourself at home!"  The people who are likely to take you up on that offer are not someone you would want in your house.  When we intend to communicate we send up a beacon that causes entities to come running from miles around.  When we allow an entity to use our bodies (we are moving the planchette, regardless of whether we are doing it purposely and fradulently or if it is an ideomotor response to stimuli) we are opening ourselves to trouble we may not be able to handle.

5. Do you regret having used the Ouija Board?  No.  But, as I said in #4, it is extremely foolhardy if you do not know exactly what you're signing on for.  Since it's a "game", I think the vast, vast majority of people don't know what they're signing on for because those who know what kind of trouble it can bring tend not to do it.

6. Do you have any tips for use, or ways to stay safe?  No, because my advice is to never use one.

ArcusArcanum
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#6 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

Tantric, thanks so much for taking the time to share that experience and answer those questions. It will certainly make me think twice!
Posted Image

#7 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Disembodied Voice

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

I do currently own one.  I picked it up a couple years ago for experiments.  It's bright pink and lives in my shed (because there is no way I'm having that thing in my house, communicated with anything with it or not).

ArcusArcanum
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#8 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:43 AM

I've seen and heard spirits since I was a child. I do NOT believe in demons. However, the Ouija opens the door to the otherworld and there is no way for anyone to control who, or what, comes through. I suggest that you never ever play with them.

#9 ClarinaGStudy

ClarinaGStudy

Zombie Assistant Manager Is Feeling Bitey!

• Root Admin
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

Haunted Heart, nothing ever happened with it, nothing moved or anything.  I never expected it to and I only bought the board as I love the way they look and wanted to display it.  I will probably get another soon and hang it on the wall.

Posted Image
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"
Clarina's Jewellery Designs

#10 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:50 AM

Thanks, ClarinaG.

I spent years and years feeling wary and frightened of Ouija Boards because I've heard a lot of negative things about them. I have used one only once. The planchette did move, but the answers received didn't make too much sense. I had the feeling that IF spirits were present, that they were messing around. For instance, I'd say "Can you spell your name?" and the planchette would shoot over to "Yes" but then refuse to spell the name. Things like that.

I admit to still feeling wary of them, though.

Edited by Haunted Heart, 21 September 2011 - 10:52 AM.

Posted Image

#11 the evil

the evil

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:http://tevilblog.blogspot.com/

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:14 AM

View PostHaunted Heart, on 21 September 2011 - 10:50 AM, said:

I admit to still feeling wary of them, though.

then i wouldnt mess with it. I think a lot of what you allow in goes with how your personality and emotions are at the time. If your scared you will probably attract something interested in that fear.

#12 Vlawde

Vlawde

Resident Grumpy Old Married Man Prone To Senior Moments

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,350 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

I've had one since I was a kid, and never had anything bad happen...or much of anything at all.

Personally, I don't think it's any different than doing an EVP session. Either way you are trying to make contacts with spirits, and you rarely hear horror stories about recording EVP's

Posted ImagePosted Image

Pacific Paranormal Research Association: Documenting the paranormal and providing solutions to the living and the dead (and whatever else!)

Pacific Paranormal Research Association Myspace Page

Vlawdes Myspace Page

#13 Safire973GStudy

Safire973GStudy

Board Tech

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

1. Have you used the Ouija Board, if so, was it just one time, or regularly, or occasionally?
*Some of my friends and I used various boards quite a number of years ago.  My friend Susie and I seemed to get benevolent spirits, ones that would take time and answer some questions, nothing was ever harsh.  My other 2 friends were twins, and we got some nasty stuff.  Saying things like "stop making me mad", "be careful of your car brakes if you don't leave me alone", stuff like that.

*Susie and I got in contact with my grandmother one night.  And please don't tell me "that wasn't your grandmother, something wa playing with you".  It WAS my grandmother nad no one will ever convince me otherwise.

*Mostly positive, once I stopped using it with the twins (and it was only once with them.  that was enough).

4. Do you believe you were genuinelly channelling spirits, or do you believe it was physical/psychological effects?
I think I covered that one pretty well up above lol

*Not at all.  It certainly opened my eyes to alot.  

*I will say that when I moved, that Ouija board stayed on the closet shelf.  I'm a bit of a weirdo enough to believe that you never take the board out of the home that it was opened in.

Thanks for answering!

I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

Posted Image

Torn by the storms in my head
Like a victim of fate
Born to regret
Still denied by the spirits of hell
A call to repent
Til the visions still stand in silence

#14 AugustineGStudy

AugustineGStudy

Escaped Lunatic Moderator

• Administrators
  • 16,508 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:12 AM

I've used it only a handful of times in my life, the last time being about ten years ago.

When I was a freshman in high school, I went to a sleepover with several friends and one of them brought a Ouija board.  We had heard something on the news the day before about a local girl getting killed in a car accident, so we tried to contact her.  Nothing out of the ordinary happened while we were using the board.  We kept getting silly answers that indicated that one of us was intentionally moving the planchette -- for instance, one of my friends was a Trekkie and the board said "Captain Kirk" when we asked who we were speaking with.  We got bored and put the Ouija away.  One of the girls had learned some hypnosis techniques and wanted to try them out.  She put one of the other girls under hypnosis and began asking questions.  That's when things got strange.  Sarah (the hypnotized girl) suddenly broke out into maniacal laughter, and there was this really bizarre demented grin on her face.  The laughter got louder and more maniacal, and when Sarah's face began to turn red from the exertion, the girls began yelling for the hypnotist to make it stop.  She brought Sarah out of hypnosis, and the laughter and crazy grin vanished immediately once Sarah "came to."  She looked around and suddenly broke down crying.  She was sobbing uncontrollably, as if she was scared to death, and she couldn't tell us why she was crying or why she was so frightened.  It took us a while to calm Sarah down and we stopped the games altogether that night.  I don't know how or if the Ouija session was related to Sarah's bizarre behavior during hypnosis, but I know we were all wondering the same thing.

I wouldn't call the above experience positive...whatever it was.  But nothing whatsoever happened the other times I used a Ouija board.

It could have been either.

I don't know.  I don't think I necessarily regret it...it was certainly a unique experience and there were no long-term adverse effects that I'm aware of.  But if Sarah's strange episode was a result of something making contact through the Ouija, perhaps that was an indication that we had used the board recklessly or ignorantly, or at least that we should think twice about messing with it again.

I'd have to defer to someone more experienced on the subject, like Tantric Kitten for instance.  The only advice I can offer is that if the idea of trying Ouija makes you uneasy for any reason, that it couldn't hurt to follow your intuition.

Posted Image

Now you're outside. Let my voice be your guide. Keep a steady stride. Into the Further you go...

#15 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:34 AM

AugustineGStudy - Thanks so much for sharing that experience.

The hypnotism session sounds really unnerving - weirder than many of the Ouija sessions I've read about!
Posted Image

#16 Sonya_

Sonya_

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:17 AM

I used a Ouija board several times a few years ago, was dating an iraqi war veteran that had gone mute (ptsd) and it was a fun, interactive activity that didn't require talking.

Nothing that memorable. It was fun and always fairly active.

Positive.

When we used it I believe it was all psychological. While the board would say they might be a dead person (we often used it in the old scenic cemeteries in Atlanta) I believe it was always channeling the subconscious of one of us. If we asked it a question that we did NOT know the answer too (i.e. what is the name on the headstone over there) it would not have any answer.

No regrets, I would do it again.

I personally will not use one in my own home. While I believe all activity was psychological, I do not rule out the possibility of attracting a real entity (anything is possible) and I personally would not want to have a creepy or disturbing event in my home, I also wouldn't want to invite whatever might come through into my house. Might sound silly but ya never know!  Also we would close the board when done (if we remembered).  

Edited by Sonya_, 03 October 2011 - 05:18 AM.

#17 Teperehmi

Teperehmi

EVP

• GS Member
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Music, writing, drawing, 80's rock, my guitars, live music!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

I used one once.

My friend and I were putting together a museum exhibit on Ouija boards for one of my classes when I was a senior in college.  We decided to use one just to be able to include our experience.

It ended up being me, her, her boyfriend, and one of our other friends who didn't believe in ghosts.  We used it in a haunted building where someone had hanged themselves many years ago.  First we got someone called Ug.  He said that wasn't his name but he didn't know how to spell his name.  He was a German man who lived in the early 1800's.  Then we got a spirit named Henry Thoy.  He said that he had been following me.  At the time, I had lived in three dorms with in four years and every dorm weird things would happen (loud noises, things getting moved, shadows, unlocked doors suddenly not opening, lights flickering, etc.)  Henry was a British soldier in the Revolution who died in...well I don't remember the year...but we looked him up and their was a British soldier by that name who died in the area the year he said.  All in all it was really cool because we'd ask him questions that my skeptical friend only knew the answers to (and she'd take her hand off the planchette) and he'd get the answers right.  One time she mentioned that her hands were cold and Henry said, "i can fix that" and her hands suddenly warmed up.  I remember Henry was very  insistent that we never touch a Ouiji board ever again.  He said we were okay that time because he was with us but it was evil so we should never touch it again.

But here is where things got weird.  A guy who lived the floor below me came by (we were in the hallway doing this) and we talked him into joining us.  He didn't believe in ghosts and ouiji boards so he kept making jokes about it.  Everytime his hands were on the planchette it just kept going "lalalalalalalalalala."  Anyway we eventually got creeped out so we put it all away.

A week later, the guy who had joined us died in a car accident.  It may have just been a weird coincidence.  But almost immediately after that my life completely fell apart.  Like I was a 4.0 gpa, Dean's List all four years, had everything planned out.  Then suddenly I didn't get into the grad school's I was supposedly a shoe-in for.  I got really depressed, ran away to California, got into lots of trouble.  I moved back home after awhile and tried to get my life together, got a nice job etc.  Then I was suddenly laid off, my best friend died two days later, and honestly, things have just gotten worse from there.

Some spirit thing is still following me around.  I see dark shadows everywhere.  I always feel like I'm being watched.  And I have really really really bad dreams every night.

So I don't know if it's all connected to the Ouija board or not.  But my life did do a 180 after using it.

So I won't use one again.

Oh and I'm with the person above me about keeping a Ouija board in the room it's opened in.  We left it hidden behind a bookshelf in the room where the guy hanged himself.

(One interesting thing though...we did ask when the Cubs were going to win the World Series...I don't remember the exact date but keep an eye on the 2030's!)

Edited by Teperehmi, 03 October 2011 - 06:16 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:22 AM

Teperehmi - Thanks for sharing your experience. It actually sounds really creepy and unsettling... the way things seemed to go wrong after using the Ouija Board. You're right, I guess, that the bad things that happened may have been coincidence, but even if there is a slight chance the events could be releated, it's enough of a warning to those of us who are interested in using boards to be wary, and careful! Do you feel like your life is back on track now? I hope so.

So when you say keep a Ouija Board in the same room it's opened in, do you mean keeping it in the same place where you have your very first session? So for example, if I had a session in my mother's lounge, I'd always have to leave it in her lounge and not bring it home with me? This is quite an important issue (for me), because if I did decide to go ahead and use the board I have, I had intended to use it in certain paranormal locations (places that were supposed to be haunted.)

Edited by Haunted Heart, 04 October 2011 - 12:23 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Sonya_

Sonya_

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:53 AM

View PostHaunted Heart, on 04 October 2011 - 12:22 AM, said:

So when you say keep a Ouija Board in the same room it's opened in, do you mean keeping it in the same place where you have your very first session? So for example, if I had a session in my mother's lounge, I'd always have to leave it in her lounge and not bring it home with me? This is quite an important issue (for me), because if I did decide to go ahead and use the board I have, I had intended to use it in certain paranormal locations (places that were supposed to be haunted.)

I have never heard the part about keeping it in the room it was opened, I used  it at different locations all of the time but it wasn't my board so I didn't have to worry about storing it.

Keep in mind if you are all weirded out about where to keep it you could also make one (or more than one) and just dispose or leave them after. If you decide to make one keep the smoothness of the planchete and the board in mind, and also go for dramatic effect. Maybe using black foam posterboard, test the planchette out first to make sure it moves smoothely over the surface though.

Edited by Sonya_, 04 October 2011 - 03:58 AM.

#20 1timescare

1timescare

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

1. I did once

2. yes i do, http://www.paranorma...showtopic=38162

3. id say a bit of both

4. i beleive a spirit was truely talking to us through the board

5. not really, i think its a good story

6. no clue, the people i was with at the time made a circle of salt around us and nothing negative happened after that, though I'm not sure anything negative happened before it either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users